PDA

View Full Version : Evilchris would kick my ass if he was still alive

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Q
08-14-07, 09:18 PM
Or not banned or whatever.

I bought a PS3 today over a Xbox360. I got a good deal with a Target discount and decided that it was a better deal over the MS machine. It was a very tough decision, and I'm definitely double guessing my decision. Once it gets here via UPS, I can still take it back.... but ...

I dunno... here are my reasons for the decision.

I had to get an HD console. I've got a fairly nice gaming PC, but there are so many games that just never see the light of day on the PC. I miss a plethora of platformers, sports and racing games. I've played so many RTS and FPS games in the last few years it makes my head spin. Why an "HD" console? I bought a 32" Sharp Aquos 1080P TV a few months ago and have had nothing but SDTV and a Wii on it with an occasional PC game.

Xbox 360 failure rates. Yes, I know that they are GREATLY exagerated, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know 4 people with 360's, myself. Two are doing great with no problems. One has occasional lockups. One is a damn mess. I know the general population doesn't reflect this, but it still just makes me feel icky about Xbox360.

Blu-Ray. MoRE G1GAB*T3s!!@!!@!@ ;)
I really, really, REALLY want HD-DVD to "win". But Blu-ray has just swamped the market, IMO, especially considering the headstart HD got. Plus, the 5 free DVD offer (with a couple decent movies in there), really does sweeten the deal for me. There is just so much studio support behind Blu-ray and I want a format that is going to last. If Universal backs down, HD-DVD really is dead in the water, IMO. It's sad, but the ability to play HD movies really does add some value to the system. Not only that, but it upconverts DVDs to 1080P.

Gran Turismo 5. Gran Turismo is one of my favorite games of all time.

The next Final Fantasy. Same as GT.

A ton of fantastic PS2 games. I missed out on so many great games because I was dedicated to PC gaming over the last 5 years. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally play Kingdom Hearts 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Twisted Metal Black, God of War, ICO (finish it), MGS2/3, FF12 and a ton of other classics. I would have just bought a PS2 and a Blu-ray player (or HDDVD), but this just comes out as the better deal, it seems. Plus, I like the ability for the PS3 to up the resolution on those classics.

There are definitely a ton of negatives for the PS3, and I acknowledge them. Right now, the game library really isn't that extensive. But there are enough games out right now to keep me busy, especially when considering the back library. I've got Virtual Fighter 5 on the way (OMG, I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY A FIGHTER AGAIN!!!!!!!) [I know...fighters get lame...but its just been SOO long and they were such a good part of my childhood]. There are a lot of good games on the horizon, too, a couple of which that are exclusives.

I know that most games are lousy ports from the 360, right now. But you know what, I'm used to A LOT worse on the PC. With the exception of the whole 60v30fps debacle with Madden (a game I could care less about), and a few minor graphical issues here and there, both systems are relatively equal when it comes to graphics. Good enough for me.

The price is certainly a downer, but for my needs and for what I am hopefully going to get out of it, it's really not too bad.

Alright guys.... let me have it! Let me know how I've wasted all my money on a system that will never be! :D

six_storm
08-14-07, 09:25 PM
Boo . . . :D

Whatever floats your boat but I will say that the 360 failure rates are over exagerated.

Camp0rz
08-14-07, 09:26 PM
Personally I don't think either is a bad choice. It's just that right now it seems if you buy a ps3 you're paying more and settling for less. I'm sure in a little while the multi platform games will start to perform just as well as the 360. Then there are going to be a few games for ps3 that will only be played on that system. Given time it should shape up to be a good console.

If you have the money and are looking forward to the games coming out it isn't a bad decision.

bugmeplz
08-14-07, 09:26 PM
you want my honest opinion: i think youre taking this supposed console war thing too seriously. im sure you will love the ps3.. and im sure you would have loved the xbox had you gotten one. its more or less a lateral move

Marvel_us
08-14-07, 09:28 PM
Your reasons are legit for buying one. As for the game library, this holiday season has some of Sony's big name devs putting out new IPs and in about two weeks Warhawk will be out. If you like fighters you might want to download Tekken DR from PSN as well.

Boo . . . :D

Whatever floats your boat but I will say that the 360 failure rates are over exagerated.

So over exaggerated that MS spent 1 billion dollars to try and fix them?

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 09:32 PM
Can't argue your reasons... even with my bais opinion about the PS3, I still recommend the X360 as a primary gaming platform is the user doesn't have a PC. BUT if the user does have a great PC, honestly unless you NEED to play some of the exclusive titles, many of the games will find their way to the PC. The same can't be said about many PS3 titles.

Enjoy your console, You seem to have the same taste in games that I do so if you want some more recommendations (ones you chose are awsome, btw) just ask. Plenty of under appreciated PS2 titles out there.

Q
08-14-07, 09:33 PM
you want my honest opinion: i think youre taking this supposed console war thing too seriously. im sure you will love the ps3.. and im sure you would have loved the xbox had you gotten one. its more or less a lateral move

You're probably right. If I wouldn't have been a member of this forum for the last couple of years, I probably wouldn't feel so "bad" about the PS3 purchase. I mean, right now I feel like I voted for Hillary Bin Laden or something.

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 09:35 PM
So whats your PSN ID? ^_^

HAHAHA I just saw your sig... ass!

Q
08-14-07, 09:38 PM
So whats your PSN ID? ^_^

HAHAHA I just saw your sig... ass!

LOL. I changed my sig as soon as I posted in that thread earlier. I wondered when you'd notice. :D

The PS3, HDMI cable, extra controller, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Virtual Fighter 5 are all on their way. I can't stand waiting on toys, but it was the only way to save 10% on the order.

We don't have threads around here where people list their Live and PSN info?

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 09:39 PM
We do but people rarely post them there...

Bman212121
08-14-07, 09:44 PM
LOL. I changed my sig as soon as I posted in that thread earlier. I wondered when you'd notice. :D

The PS3, HDMI cable, extra controller, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Virtual Fighter 5 are all on their way. I can't stand waiting on toys, but it was the only way to save 10% on the order.

We don't have threads around here where people list their Live and PSN info?

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83269

Right there buddy. :)

I'm sure you'll like the PS3. Not only can you play HD movies, but the upscaler does a good job with those regular old dvds as well. ;) I'd get your PSN ID, sign in and head right to the PS store and download GT:HD. When some of the new games come out I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more.

MaXThReAT
08-14-07, 09:48 PM
I am under the exact same circumstances as you were. I just got a nice 32" HDTV and I'm about to either buy a player or a console. I am heavily leaning in the PS3 direction, more for the Blu-Ray than anything ells. It's like buying a nice Blu-Ray player that can also play PS3 games on the side. GT and Fighters are also going to be sweet to play again, I've spent a large chunk of my life playing Fighters. I don't know exactly why but my favorite has always been Eternal Champions on the Genesis. So many moves, overkills, sudden deaths, vendettas and cinekills. It was like MK 10 fold. Takken3 was the last I purchased. VF5, Fight Night and Soul Calibur have me drooling. I've had a PS2 since they came out but I've always played PC games more. The 5 free movies are pushing me over the edge. I would say you made the right choice. I also think you made the right choice because, without a doubt, all of the blockbuster 360 games are also going to eventually make there way to the PC. I'll probably have a PS3 by the end of next month.

BlobdusaColoXus
08-14-07, 09:53 PM
Definitely a wise choice. PS3 is backed by Squenix, and wherever they go, the rest of the Japanese developers follow.

BD support just intensifies the value of the dollar.

I recommend Armored Core 4 for now.. that will hold you until FF, MG, etc..

Q
08-14-07, 09:54 PM
Definitely a wise choice. PS3 is backed by Squenix, and wherever they go, the rest of the Japanese developers follow.

BD support just intensifies the value of the dollar.

I recommend Armored Core 4 for now.. that will hold you until FF, MG, etc..

OMGBBQSAUCE I almost forgot about that. MAN do I miss Mech games.

BlobdusaColoXus
08-14-07, 09:58 PM
OMGBBQSAUCE I almost forgot about that. MAN do I miss Mech games.

Heh heh. :) Japanese mech games usually deliver someway or another.

Just wait until the games trickle on to the system.. give it time, and I'm confident the PS3 will emerge at the top.

The price drop is tempting me to purchase one as well....

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 09:59 PM
Qlitchford, Read up on how to create a Japanese account and get the Folklore demo... its a nice JRPG. :)

Zelda_fan
08-14-07, 10:10 PM
gotta love people who buy a console for games that don't even have a release date yet.

Look on the bright side Qlitchford, if there were more people like you in the world, the PS3 would be selling a lot better.

BlobdusaColoXus
08-14-07, 10:13 PM
gotta love people who buy a console for games that don't even have a release date yet.

Look on the bright side Qlitchford, if there were more people like you in the world, the PS3 would be selling a lot better.

Even in its current state,

PS3 > Wii

nekrosoft13
08-14-07, 10:16 PM

PS3 > Wii

:rofl

sure thats explains it, why i still can't find a wii (not looking to hard), but everytime i look for wii, i find a ****load of PS3 laying on shelfs

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 10:17 PM
:rofl

sure thats explains it, why i still can't find a wii (not looking to hard), but everytime i look for wii, i find a ****load of PS3 laying on shelfs

It's easier to spend $250 dollars then $500. The 8525 is a far better device then the Razr but which sells better?

The Wii is a novel idea but it too is lacking in games... the most popular thing on the console is Wii sports and VC.

And can we not degrade every ****ing thread into a console war...

Zelda_fan
08-14-07, 10:18 PM

PS3 > Wii

Wii sales = 3x PS3 sales.

|MaguS|
08-14-07, 10:21 PM
Wii sales = 3x PS3 sales.

PS2 Sales = 10x Wii

Mind you unlike MS and Nintendo, Sony still is making and selling its previous generation console. It's called supporting your systems, not leaving them to die because you failed.

nekrosoft13
08-14-07, 10:21 PM

tell that to your fat super lame F friend above you.

BlobdusaColoXus
08-14-07, 10:22 PM
The Wii is a novel idea but it too is lacking in games...

Yep, and Metroid comes out this month. :)

That is when I will cave in and donate my hard earned dollars to this guy:

http://www.igniq.com/images/shigeru_miyamoto_060605.jpg

Zelda_fan
08-14-07, 10:22 PM
It's easier to spend $250 dollars then $500. The 8525 is a far better device then the Razr but which sells better?

The Wii is a novel idea but it too is lacking in games... the most popular thing on the console is Wii sports and VC.

Are people still using that excuse?

Here in NY, condos start at 500k. Yet they sell like hotcakes. Why? Because they got the price point right. Sony did not get the price point right. Sony ****ed up big time.

Just admit it. The PS3 is a screw up. A failure. Sony screwed up. You admit that with all your heart (not some sarcastic message), and I promise I'll stay out of this thread. And you have to say the cELL (spell it exactly like that) is the most pathetic processor ever designed. If you say that, I promise I'll leave this thread right now.