PDA

View Full Version : Persona 3

|MaguS|
08-15-07, 06:33 PM
Anyone else getting it? I love the series for its dark nature and great story. I never finished the second one but thankful they aren't direct sequals. This one is getting some good reviews, and thats good... I need a good JRPG.

Hex
08-15-07, 11:30 PM
I am pissed that I can't grab it until friday, maybe tomorrow before work if I wake up early enough.

muaddib
08-16-07, 06:50 AM
Well the GameSpot review hailed this game and it looks really interesting. Although I really don't like RPGs, I really got to try this for the story, at least.

I love my PS2 :)

crainger
08-16-07, 07:04 AM
I've never even heard of this series. So does it matter I've never played the previous games? I'm interesting in playing this... Well that's if it gets a PAL release.

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:08 AM
I've never even heard of this series. So does it matter I've never played the previous games? I'm interesting in playing this... Well that's if it gets a PAL release.

Since their not direct sequels it wont matter but they do make hints and at past stories aswell as sometimes mention characters from previous games.

crainger
08-16-07, 07:32 AM
I'll just pretend I know they are talking about. Seems to work for most JRPGs :D

|MaguS|
11-27-07, 12:38 PM
Anyone played this game? I started up acouple days ago and I am loving it. Such a fresh RPG. Good amount of common elements with many new ideas thrown in. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes traditional JRPGs and doesn't mine a slower paced game.

Zelda_fan
11-27-07, 01:09 PM
Anyone else getting it? I love the series for its dark nature and great story. I never finished the second one but thankful they aren't direct sequals. This one is getting some good reviews, and thats good... I need a good JRPG.

didn't you recently sell everything you own?

ralinn
11-27-07, 01:13 PM
Can someone give me some more info on this game? I've actually never heard of it, which is surprising!

I take it this is on the PS2?

Much appreciated!

Severian126
11-27-07, 01:44 PM
I picked up this game awhile ago and played through the 1st level of Tarturus. Unfortunately, with so many games out (PC and otherwise), I stopped playing this.

But I did have tons of fun. The game is very interesting in that it's an RPG, a dating sim (lol), etc. etc. I find it intriguing that your powers can be upgraded via your social links or the people you choose to spend time with the limited amount of time you're given per day. Though it may sound corny on paper, it's actually quite fun.

My only gripe is that the main character looks like a total dumbass. But that's just my personal taste. The combat is fast and pretty simplified compared to past Persona games, but of course, I stopped playing before getting too far. Combining personas via the Velvet Room (series trademark) is fun and a lot easier than past Persona games.

So far I've played most of these series (Persona, Persona 2, Shen Megumi series) and this is my favorite by far.

I would love to give a review on this game, but I've yet to finish it. Don't think I ever will given the amount of time and games I have, but hopefully one day. For now, Mass Effect is taking up my time. ;)

|MaguS|
11-27-07, 02:10 PM
didn't you recently sell everything you own?

I kept my PS2 since its not worth anything unless I sell all 80 PS2 titles I have.

Severian126 , You hit all the points. I love the social link aspect of the game. Adds so much more depth to the growth system since you need to rely on your work outside combat aswell. Im gonna try to get multiple girls to fall for me, lol.

I did find a weird bug in the game. I wasn't able to create persona over the lvl 11 at the time and during the creation process it failed and created an alternate persona which was lvl 15.