PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Katamari Demo

|MaguS|
08-15-07, 10:19 PM
The game still has the charm of the original but the graphics just seem to be the same... I mean I know its part of the charm and I love the style but I still saw performance issues and why do textures still pixelate even when they are so simple? Otherwise it was decent, for some reason the music wasn't memorable like the original either, heck after just getting done playing it I can't remember the beat.

Biggest gripe is the demo's lengh... 3mins is just bull****. They should have let you atleast complete the level since its not that large... It makes Heavenly Swords demo look so much longer considering you atleast have some control at how quickly you can complete it, this one has a 3min timer...

Over all I hope they improve on it some because I loved the original and would love to get this one aswell.

muaddib
08-16-07, 07:53 AM
I loved the first two Katamaris and the PSP one. I hope this doesn't disappoint.

Is it going to X360 exclusive? Is it going to released through XBLA/PSN only?

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:58 AM
It's Xbox Exclusive as of now, they were working on a PS3 version but it was shelved. I believe it will be a full retail product, not a download game.

Lyme
08-16-07, 12:22 PM
I still don't get the point of the game.

jnd3
08-16-07, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that was just ... I don't even have words. Once through the demo was quite enough for me. Delete!

Namrok
08-16-07, 01:37 PM
I loved We <3 Katamari, but the demo for this one just left me wanting. Definitely not worth the $40 they are going to charge for it. All it made me want to do was go back and play the originals on the PS2.

gravioli
08-17-07, 01:57 AM

Same thoughts here.

NaitoSan
08-17-07, 03:38 AM
i downloaded it earlier today and was disappointed it's only 3 mins long demo. i'm gonna get it anyway. i love all katamari games.

crainger
08-17-07, 08:05 AM
Excuse me for being a console noob, but the aim is to make big balls of stuff? Sounds like a gf game to me...

Lyme
08-17-07, 02:40 PM
So I played the game.. it is quite mindless. The Wife loved watching me play.

crainger
08-17-07, 07:00 PM
So I played the game.. it is quite mindless. The Wife loved watching me play.

I knew it. It's a gf/wife game. :D

Redshirt #24
08-18-07, 01:00 PM
I kind of liked the demo, though the controls seemed a bit sluggish. Go figure.

NaitoSan
08-18-07, 07:09 PM
the control is same as previous series.

MowTin
08-26-07, 02:08 AM
I don't get it either. I played the demo cuz that chick on xplay said it was good.

Where the challenge? It would make sense if you had to reach a certain size in a fixed amount of time.

Even my wife didn't like it :D

|MaguS|
08-26-07, 11:01 AM
Where the challenge? It would make sense if you had to reach a certain size in a fixed amount of time.

You do... just the demo doesn't have any limit other then time. In the full you have to make your ball a certain size in a limited amount of time. Theres also things that cause things to fall off the ball that must be avoided.