PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock on Steam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AngelGraves13
08-16-07, 01:51 PM
BIOSHOCK is now on STEAM for purchase and preload.

1) You will not be able to use Bioshock retail keys with Steam. The two versions use two separate authentication systems, and are not compatible. You can probably move save files between the two, although I haven't tried it.

2) Pre-loading is pre-loading, and that's all it is. You won't be able to access any of those files until the unlock (which is noon pacific time on the 21st).

3) We did not have any ulterior motive in announcing today. We can't make these kinds of announcements until the deals are finalized and the announcement is agreed upon by all parties involved, and that meant we couldn't announce until this morning. There are a lot of people involved in a deal like this, and these things take time.

4) I know a lot of people dislike Steam (personally, I think it's the greatest thing ever). Fortunately we are not forcing you to use it. The game will be available at retail, over Direct2Drive and Steam on launch day. The retail version doesn't use Steam at all, so if you don't want to use Steam, don't buy it over steam. You have plenty of other options

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 01:52 PM
WooT WooT!

Badboy_12345
08-16-07, 01:54 PM
http://web.comhem.se/spawnbadboy/bioshock.jpg

meh no tnx for that price :thumbdwn:
already preordered it for less with shipping directly to my mailbox on launch day

nekrosoft13
08-16-07, 02:12 PM
prices on steam should be less then retail

methimpikehoses
08-16-07, 02:16 PM
prices on steam should be less then retail

Agreed. I'm going to wait and get the box at the store.

Namrok
08-16-07, 02:21 PM
FYI: I don't know what country that screenshot is from, but on my Steam it says Bioshock is $50.

I already preordered it on the 360. If I had a computer that could run it as well as the 360 can, I'd be on it in a split second. But sadly, I'll pay $10 for the better experience my 360 can offer.

I wish I had a better computer :(

Badboy_12345
08-16-07, 02:29 PM
FYI: I don't know what country that screenshot is from, but on my Steam it says Bioshock is $50.

its in sweden.. they have different prices in different countries

BioHazZarD
08-16-07, 02:43 PM
Thats damn expensive, might aswell buy it in store no way im buying of steam.

tacos4me
08-16-07, 03:06 PM
Thats damn expensive, might aswell buy it in store no way im buying of steam.

It's $10 cheaper than the 360 version, there's no driving to the store, you don't have to worry about actually being able to get a copy, you can play it sooner and Steam is great all around, especially if you have friends that game. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

spaceigg
08-16-07, 03:09 PM
I think I paid close to $50+ when HL 2 came out, it was my bd present. so this is not surprsing at all for bioshock to be $50+
if it wasnt because the demo is coming out saturday I would be buying from steam, but I will wait to buy the boxed game.

AngelGraves13
08-16-07, 03:26 PM
anyone know if we can put the cd-key into steam and use it there??

Badboy_12345
08-16-07, 03:42 PM
It's $10 cheaper than the 360 version, there's no driving to the store, you don't have to worry about actually being able to get a copy, you can play it sooner and Steam is great all around, especially if you have friends that game. Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.

the pc version its cheaper in stores, I get my game on the release day in my mailbox no driving or anything.

tacos4me
08-16-07, 03:55 PM
the pc version its cheaper in stores, I get my game on the release day in my mailbox no driving or anything.

It's actually $50 just about everywhere (plus tax!) which is the same as on Steam, and I'm guessing you won't get your copy by 12:01 AM. I can understand wanting a physical copy of the game, but it doesn't really matter to me.

EDIT: I just saw the above post with the screen shot of the price, and it's just his country. I payed $49.95.

jolle
08-16-07, 04:10 PM
buddy of mine couldnt run Lost Planet after a few days.
He got it with his 8800GTS on a CD but it seems you need to run it on steam anyway.
tried to find a fix, gave up and cracked it.

That sort of stuff puts me a bit off buying on steam.
I bought the HL2 silver package back when they released CS:S tho, and havent had any issues myself.

nutcrackr
08-16-07, 05:08 PM
badboy in a steam thread posting how bad the prices are :lol:

price is like $20 AUD cheaper than retail here, damn fine choice although at 8GB my limit would be used up too quick :(

six_storm
08-16-07, 05:39 PM
Word on the street is that Circuit City is going to have Bioshock for $39.99 next week. I've been trying to find the leaked CC ads for next week but no luck.

jdspinna
08-16-07, 05:47 PM
Word on the street is that Circuit City is going to have Bioshock for $39.99 next week. I've been trying to find the leaked CC ads for next week but no luck.

Awesome if it's true. I was wondering about that this week. CC has been having killer PC game sales about every other week and pre-loading on steam is a DOG!

Ummm. Now steam is pre-loading over 200Kb/s. I'll wait to make a last minute decision if I see it in the CC paper.

WeReWoLf
08-16-07, 05:52 PM
The steam version of Bioshock works out to be about $62 Australian... Retail price is $89.95

Sometimes, i wish i had a credit card.

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 05:53 PM
Preloading on Steam now. $49.99 is what I expected to pay so I don't mind. Im good to go for the 21st. :D

crainger
08-16-07, 06:11 PM
The steam version of Bioshock works out to be about $62 Australian... Retail price is $89.95

Sometimes, i wish i had a credit card.

I know. I splurged on the LE which is $120 abouts. But I took advantage of the $20 down $20 offer at EB, so that helps a little.

Screw pre ordering. I'm just gonna wait till the last minute from now on to make sure it's not coming on Steam... It's just so much cheaper.

LT.Schaffer
08-16-07, 06:45 PM
paid $49.99@Amazon can't wait(nana2)

Dreamingawake
08-16-07, 07:09 PM
Just purchased my copy from Steam, Pre-Loading right now.

I can't wait to play in a few days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-I'm really diggin' this pre-load stuff. The nearest gaming store is
about an hour's drive away !! This is nice, no lines, no dealing with
people ect.. and chances are, I'll be playing the retail version (not
pirated version) a little bit before others!!

MaUiLoCaL
08-16-07, 07:29 PM
Pre-loading mine now!:D

MaUiLoCaL
08-16-07, 07:52 PM
Holy Crap the pre-load is slow.:lol: Must be tons of people doing the same thing.:D

crainger
08-16-07, 07:55 PM
Steam has been very slow for me too. Installing the updates for HL2 and Dark Messiah took forever. and CS:S isstill going.