PDA

View Full Version : Looks like fileplanet will get the Crysis beta..

Pages : [1] 2

rudedog
08-16-07, 03:17 PM
In an article on Game Industry, talking about Crysis's uses of Gamespy tech in their game, they touched on the beta a bit.

GameSpy will also be hosting a beta test program for Crysis at FilePlanet, giving Crytek the ability to test Crysis with gaming enthusiasts before its November release.

Link here: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27744

BioHazZarD
08-16-07, 03:21 PM
pay for betas.. yay another ****planet exclusive.

SlamDunk
08-16-07, 03:23 PM
A word from Crytek's Community Manager: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=144690#p144690

We just announced that we will use Gamespy for Crysis and nothing else. It does not confirm or deny the need for a Fileplanet subscriber account.

This announcement was only the beginning and more news and clarification on the Beta itself will follow pretty soon.

methimpikehoses
08-16-07, 03:45 PM
I'm ready... lets do this.

rudedog
08-16-07, 04:17 PM
OK, I'll be the first one to say it.

I bet the need for a fileplanet account. You know fileplanet will want this exclusive and will pay dearly for it.

Granted, I'm a fileplanet member but I think it's ****ty that game companies let subscription based sites do this. - granted they work a deal out with them.

In the long run, we all know it costs $$ for bandwidth, so why not just charge us $5 directly per demo. Funny thing is why does EA even do this when they have a steam type system of their own? Just add a credit card button and get the money for themselves without the need of some stupid worthless subscription service - My personal opinion

I wonder when everyone is going to start boycotting or voicing their concerns over this type of stuff.

fizix
08-16-07, 04:35 PM
OK, I'll be the first one to say it.

I bet the need for a fileplanet account. You know fileplanet will want this exclusive and will pay dearly for it.

Granted, I'm a fileplanet member but I think it's ****ty that game companies let subscription based sites do this. - granted they work a deal out with them.

In the long run, we all know it costs $$ for bandwidth, so why not just charge us $5 directly per demo. Funny thing is why does EA even do this when they have a steam type system of their own? Just add a credit card button and get the money for themselves without the need of some stupid worthless subscription service - My personal opinion

I wonder when everyone is going to start boycotting or voicing their concerns over this type of stuff.
Fileplanet offers a service; they are not forcing anyone to subscribe. They have however many terabytes of content readily available to download at very high bandwidths, as well as updating their site constantly. Personally paying 5$ for a demo (IE: Demonstration, IE: Free)? Hope that's a joke. Yeah sure, let's pay 5$ for every single demo/beta, let's pay them for something they might as well be paying us for. Doing that for more than 3 demos a year would be more expensive than Fileplanet's annual subscription. Of course Fileplanet will try to get exclusives, it's a business -_- The narrow-mindedness and ignorance of business reality/tactics is borderline communist on these forums. Another thing many Fileplanet haters have apparently failed to comprehend: hitpoints. For less than two years of being subscribed to FP, I have been able to receive various games such as The Chronicles of Riddick, Prince of Persia, Hitman 2, and more, absolutely free of charge. Oh yeah, Fileplanet is TOTALLY jipping it's subscribers. -_-

3DBrad
08-16-07, 06:43 PM
Is the Beta still coming in June? :p

wrathofgod
08-16-07, 07:17 PM

The answer is...never. There will always be tons of idiots that buy new Fileplanet subscriptions every time these exclusives come out. Therefore, it will continue and probably only get worse in the future.

I, however, absolutely REFUSE to pay for a demo/beta at all....EVER.

If I can't get a free key for a BETA, I'll wait for the game to be released. No big deal.

Fats_43
08-16-07, 07:19 PM
Fileplanet offers a service; they are not forcing anyone to subscribe. They have however many terabytes of content readily available to download at very high bandwidths, as well as updating their site constantly. Personally paying 5$ for a demo (IE: Demonstration, IE: Free)? Hope that's a joke. Yeah sure, let's pay 5$ for every single demo/beta, let's pay them for something they might as well be paying us for. Doing that for more than 3 demos a year would be more expensive than Fileplanet's annual subscription. Of course Fileplanet will try to get exclusives, it's a business -_- The narrow-mindedness and ignorance of business reality/tactics is borderline communist on these forums. Another thing many Fileplanet haters have apparently failed to comprehend: hitpoints. For less than two years of being subscribed to FP, I have been able to receive various games such as The Chronicles of Riddick, Prince of Persia, Hitman 2, and more, absolutely free of charge. Oh yeah, Fileplanet is TOTALLY jipping it's subscribers. -_-

It's a business stealing our content trying to charge for it?

Nah dude that's a crime. This is the worst news ever for Crysis, I really wanted crysis too, but if they go Fileplanet exclusive BS I swear I will not give them a cent for sellin out! F&^#@'em and F^$%# FP too. I refuse to support this crap.

FP could pay for their bandwidth by the adds they force upon users when your at their site alone! Don't give me bandwidth costs BS.
If you feel the need to justify your purchase that's fine, but don't spit in our faces the way FP is. Stealing our content trying to line their pockets. Biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen.

brownstone
08-16-07, 07:22 PM
Well if fileplanet does only offer it first, then lets see if they pull the Quake Wars move and offer it only to brand new subscribers first. If I was a subscriber this would really piss me off.

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:26 PM

Your content? So you own the license for it all? Wow! You must be rich...

Sorry but you own nothing and nothing is guarenteed to you. If a developer wanted to charge for a demo they are allowed. There is no law that says a demo must be free, they provide free demos because its basically advertising their software for free. You act like you are owed something from the developers, grow the **** up.

breathemetal
08-16-07, 07:31 PM
Oh well, they'll get more money from putting in on FP, more money means a better business. So hopefully better games will come out of the better business. IDK, just a theory.

Idc where they put the beta, i dont want it anyways. I want as little spoilers as I can get before the game comes out.

Demo (beta) whatever....I wont be downloading it. So i wont get a bug up my ass like most of you morons. Grow up. It's just a game. Just ****ing wait for the final product to come out. If you get THAT bent out of shape over a demo and having to pay for it...well...you my friend are a moron.

SLippe
08-16-07, 07:32 PM
I'll never pay for a Demo unless it comes with a magazine like PC Gamer or something, which I haven't bought in a couple of years now.

jcrox
08-16-07, 07:33 PM
Knew this was coming. FilePlanet can keep the betas, as long as you don't have to be a subscriber to get the Demos, then I'll start to get a little pissed, demos are basically advertisement material to get people to buy their product..... I wouldn't pay my cable company so that I could watch advertisements and I'm not paying someone so that I can download them, I'll turn into a (lee63) 1st

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:35 PM
I'm not paying someone so that I can download them, I'll turn into a (lee63) 1st

You mean you aren't one already? :rolleyes:

I love how every thread about PC games and their upcoming release has atleast one idiot threatening to pirate the game if it either releases early or doesn't live up to the hype... or whatever other reason.

This forum is becoming to pirate friendly...

PaiN
08-16-07, 07:37 PM

Nah dude that's a crime. This is the worst news ever for Crysis, I really wanted crysis too, but if they go Fileplanet exclusive BS I swear I will not give them a cent for sellin out! F&^#@'em and F^$%# FP too. I refuse to support this crap.

FP could pay for their bandwidth by the adds they force upon users when your at their site alone! Don't give me bandwidth costs BS.
If you feel the need to justify your purchase that's fine, but don't spit in our faces the way FP is. Stealing our content trying to line their pockets. Biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen.

At least this time you ranted without insulting anyone, I'm almost proud but.....You really need to move on, harboring this much FilePlanet anger is not good for one's psychological well-being.

:captnkill:

breathemetal
08-16-07, 07:38 PM

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/psychshirts/PirateLove-blackpb-ms.png

jcrox
08-16-07, 07:39 PM
You mean you aren't one already? :rolleyes:

I love how every thread about PC games and their upcoming release has atleast one idiot threatening to pirate the game if it either releases early or doesn't live up to the hype... or whatever other reason.

I didn't threaten to pirate the game, I was talking about getting a "subscriber only" demo from a torrent site, I pay for my games thank you, Idiot.

Fats_43
08-16-07, 07:43 PM
Your content? So you own the license for it all? Wow! You must be rich...

Sorry but you own nothing and nothing is guarenteed to you. If a developer wanted to charge for a demo they are allowed. There is no law that says a demo must be free, they provide free demos because its basically advertising their software for free. You act like you are owed something from the developers, grow the **** up.

Duh, I don't mean I own the content.
I call it our content because it has always been available to the general public for preview, without having to pay for it.
Now however, Fileplanet buys exclusives to betas and demos and try's and generate more income for themselves, essentially jumping it to be the middle man when one isn't needed. We don't NEED Fileplanet to deliver content to us, taking away our rights to preview content.

It's issues like these that are killing PC gaming. Wake the **** up dude!

breathemetal
08-16-07, 07:45 PM
Killing pc gaming? Sorry man, but you must be blind. I dont see PC gaming dieing ANYTIME soon!

Fats_43
08-16-07, 07:50 PM
At least this time you ranted without insulting anyone, I'm almost proud but.....You really need to move on, harboring this much FilePlanet anger is not good for one's psychological well-being.

:captnkill:

lol Thx

Very true I have much anger towards Fileplanet. Errr Frustration rather.

BTW Happy Birthday mate!

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:52 PM
Duh, I don't mean I own the content.
I call it our content because it has always been available to the general public for preview, without having to pay for it.
Now however, Fileplanet buys exclusives to betas and demos and try's and generate more income for themselves, essentially jumping it to be the middle man when one isn't needed. We don't NEED Fileplanet to deliver content to us, taking away our rights to preview content.

It's issues like these that are killing PC gaming. Wake the **** up dude!

Fileplanet buys these exclusives and generates ad revenue for the game aswell as provides the developer bandwidth so they don't have to worry about distrobuting titles anymore. Do you know how much bandwidth Fileplanet probably uses per day? More then a single developer would care to provide I can tell you that, I mean look how bad Xbox Live got with the Bioshock demo release and thats MS providing the bandwidth...

Second of all for most of the content on Fileplanet you don't have to buy or subscribe to anything. The exclusive things are provided to subscribers because they paid for a service and are rewared for it. Do you also bitch when you have to pay extra for a magazine that provides a demo disc? Nah, Your probably one of the reasons magazines like PC Accelerator is gone...

Fats_43
08-16-07, 07:54 PM
Fileplanet buys these exclusives and generates ad revenue for the game aswell as provides the developer bandwidth so they don't have to worry about distrobuting titles anymore. Do you know how much bandwidth Fileplanet probably uses per day? More then a single developer would care to provide I can tell you that, I mean look how bad Xbox Live got with the Bioshock demo release and thats MS providing the bandwidth...

Second of all for most of the content on Fileplanet you don't have to buy or subscribe to anything. The exclusive things are provided to subscribers because they paid for a service and are rewared for it. Do you also bitch when you have to pay extra for a magazine that provides a demo disc? Nah, Your probably one of the reasons magazines like PC Accelerator is gone...

O really? umm why make it exclusive then if they are helping the publishers out so much? lmao

If anything they are hindering their sales as their preview audience diminishes.

|MaguS|
08-16-07, 07:57 PM
O really? umm why make it exclusive then if they are helping the publishers out so much? lmao

Because it generates them money? Like you said, they pay for exclusives and in return those exclusives generate more subscribers... rinse and repeat...

Mind you that they also plaster all their network sites with ads for the games aswell so thats ALOT of advertising for games.

Mr_LoL
08-16-07, 09:33 PM
I will definitely be subscribing to fileplanet for the Beta. Its worth it for games like this. Can't wait.