PDA

View Full Version : HL2...once more

jcrox
08-16-07, 09:06 PM
Bored, so I fired up HL2 again. Is it just me or did they add some new content to this game? I shot a window and it put very realistic holes in it and then after enough holes it finally broke all together. Also, while under water bullets shot at me whizzed through the water in a very realistic manner. The physics seems to be all together improved, been a long time since I played it though, could be just a lack of memory.

crainger
08-16-07, 09:24 PM
It's always been pretty much like that...

WeReWoLf
08-16-07, 09:27 PM
Yah, there were a few things they fixed up, but overall it's been like that since day one.

FastRedPonyCar
08-16-07, 09:50 PM
I think they MAY have gone back and touched up the HDR used in the first release as opposed to EP1 which is riddled with it after making it's "offical" debut in lost coast.

jcrox
08-16-07, 09:54 PM
I really just don't recall the bullets whizzing through the water ala Crysis like that or the windows destructing ala The Force Unleashed, either way, I guess its been long enough since I played it last that it'll keep me busy until the BioShock demo is released.

sillyeagle
08-16-07, 11:17 PM
I definitly remember being able to shoot out windows, where you could basically shot around the edges to cut out a section, then the section in the middle would fall when enough was shot out around the edges.

Sazar
08-16-07, 11:20 PM
The bullet whizzing has always been there I think.

Remember the muted sound effects of bullets in water from the beginning?

Regarding HDR, is it now active in HL2? I thought it was only in Ep1 and Lost Coast.

crainger
08-16-07, 11:31 PM
Yeah I thought HDR was LC and Ep1 only too. You might get a little HDR with the new nvidia drivers that have the option to apply 'HDR' in all games. But from what I've seen you barely notice it.

bugmeplz
08-17-07, 12:51 AM
Pretty sure the bullet trails under water have been in since day 1.

BTW, I highly recommend getting the texture pack from FAKE FACTORY off of filefront. its amazing how much better the game looks with those new textures

Crow_Nest
08-17-07, 02:39 AM
The window bullet holes and underwater whizzes where there all the while. As for the HDR, there is zero HDR implemented into HL2 from what i know, it is only on LC and EP1 and all future valve titles running on source.