PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Vs. PS2

kinor
08-17-07, 11:37 AM
I currently have an original PS2 and it is ok. But I want better graphics. Would you recommend selling my PS2 for a XBOX?

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-17-07, 11:39 AM
Behind the times are we? I thought Xbox games are no longer in production? Try getting an Xbox 360 instead.

Eliminator
08-17-07, 11:43 AM
yes xbox all the way for the better gfx

|MaguS|
08-17-07, 11:47 AM
yes xbox all the way for the better gfx

Yeah but then you dont have as many good games to choose from...

Eliminator
08-17-07, 11:50 AM
thers plenty to choose from... more than enough to keep you busy for a good time

jolle
08-17-07, 12:02 PM
Get a modded Xbox, can prolly get a used prechipped one pretty cheap.
Put in a new HD, you could for example get a 500Gb IDE drive and put in there.
Now you can stream pretty much every video format from your computers network streams, stream music, upload video and music to the Xboxs HD.
Play old games via the vast amount of emulators for stuff like nes, snes, amiga, SCUMMVMx (for every OS version of lucasarts old adventure games, using a mouse via a USB adapter is nice, but it works with the controller aswell), genesis, n64 etc, just upload the emulators and roms to the xbox via its built in FTP client.
Xbox Media Center supports python written scripts, like the gametrailers script that fetches RSS feeds and allows you to play new trailers, apple trailers that allows you to browse new movie trailers etc.
And I think you can rip your Xbox games and upload them to the Xbox to play without changing disc or risking to damage them. (havent tried tho, dont play xbox games on it tbh hehe)

I got one at home, we´re 3 guys sharing a big appartment and its our media center, everyone is sharing their video and music directories from their PCs, so we can stream everything we have directly to the TV without the hassle of TV out from computer etc.

Nitz Walsh
08-17-07, 12:22 PM
Uh...hello? Console World forum ring a bell?

Tr1cK
08-17-07, 12:41 PM
Are you guys blind to spam sigs?

|MaguS|
08-17-07, 12:42 PM
I don't pay attention to peoples sigs...

nVJoe
08-17-07, 12:48 PM
LOL I honestly don't a opinion on this.

Spam +1

jolle
08-17-07, 12:56 PM
I don't pay attention to peoples sigs...
lol.
I got owned by the internet..

DiscipleDOC
08-17-07, 01:13 PM
:rofl
All of you suckers got PWND.

Lyme
08-17-07, 02:45 PM

I'd reinforce this notion. The Xbox is a virtually dead console while the PS2 still has games being released for it, and has significantly more games. If you want better looking games, I'd strongly suggest saving your cash for a 360 or a PS3 (I'd go with the 360 personally, it's the games).

nekrosoft13
08-17-07, 03:47 PM
spam +1