PDA

View Full Version : While 360ers play away on Bioshock, PCers, can't activate, nor have a demo!

Pages : [1] 2 3

3DBrad
08-17-07, 12:47 PM
Yay, 2k, thanks a bunch. ;)

Isn't this great? Piracy running rampant on the 360, but the PC players who honestly buy the game, still have to wait.

Great job 2k, great job!

|MaguS|
08-17-07, 12:49 PM
Only reason a few X360 players are playing it are because they are pirates or because Toys R Us sold it early... The general public gets to play it on the 21st, both PC and X360.

Stop being a tool. 2K did nothing wrong...

3DBrad
08-17-07, 12:50 PM
Well, to start with, the no multiplayer thing, and perhaps no UnrealEd thing, sorta are "wrong" things to do. Are still trying to keep your 12.6 posts per day ratio? :p

Mr. Hunt
08-17-07, 12:51 PM
Plus side is, many 360 games aren't playing it right now because of broken systems... like me... yayyyyy :\.

Destroy
08-17-07, 12:53 PM
They could easily do the same for 360 requiring activation through Live before the game will work, but they don't, only do it for PC. Hmm.

3DBrad
08-17-07, 12:53 PM
Plus side is, many 360 games aren't playing it right now because of broken systems... like me... yayyyyy :\.

LOL, I went through four 360s before I got rid of it and got a Wii, smartest thing I ever did. :D

Mr. Hunt
08-17-07, 01:01 PM
LOL, I went through four 360s before I got rid of it and got a Wii, smartest thing I ever did. :D

Well I had mine a little over a year and then the RROD happened... been about a month now and I still don't have my damn replacement (I haven't even shipped it off because apparently Microsoft ran out of boxes :\).

Tork64
08-17-07, 01:08 PM
In a way im happy how it turned out, for once we can say the XBOX 360 version was pirated first while the pc version was not. The only thing im unhappy about is there not being a demo, I really wanted just a taste to hold me off while the full version arrives.

3DBrad
08-17-07, 01:09 PM
Classic!
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7236/finishinbxwn2.png

Well, hopefully you won't have to hear the automated 360 helper guy on the phone anymore,"

"Oh, an Xbox360"

jAkUp
08-17-07, 01:24 PM
It's only like 3 days away, it's definitely worth the wait. The XB360 demo is phenomenal, but I still haven't played any of the full yet.

Plus no multiplayer being a bad thing? Sometimes no MP is better than bad MP. Some of the best games do not or have little MP.

WeReWoLf
08-17-07, 01:29 PM
I'm glad they didn't include any multi with this. It means they didn't do a half-assed job on the single just to include a somewhat mediocre multiplayer experience.

Ninjaman09
08-17-07, 01:30 PM
It's only like 3 days away, it's definitely worth the wait. The XB360 demo is phenomenal, but I still haven't played any of the full yet.

Plus no multiplayer being a bad thing? Sometimes no MP is better than bad MP. Some of the best games do not or have little MP.
Very true. Many of my favorite games of all time have no multiplayer component. And yeah come on guys - it's only a few days. Remember, the anticipation is half the fun. :)

|MaguS|
08-17-07, 01:30 PM
I'm glad they didn't include any multi with this. It means they didn't do a half-assed job on the single just to include a somewhat mediocre multiplayer experience.

I wish they would have atleast included a coop mode... game looks like it would rock with coop.

Tr1cK
08-17-07, 01:36 PM
I wish they would have atleast included a coop mode... game looks like it would rock with coop.
I am a HUGE fan of co-op play. I guess that's why I like MMOs so much.

|MaguS|
08-17-07, 01:37 PM
I am a HUGE fan of co-op play. I guess that's why I like MMOs so much.

Same here, It's the only reason I play Halo... I can't wait for Haze to release this winter.

WeReWoLf
08-17-07, 01:38 PM

Oh totally. If this had Co-Op, i'd declare screw all other games except UT3.

nVJoe
08-17-07, 01:46 PM
Yay, 2k, thanks a bunch. ;)

Isn't this great? Piracy running rampant on the 360, but the PC players who honestly buy the game, still have to wait.

Great job 2k, great job!
Go buy a 360 and stop being such a EMO

Tr1cK
08-17-07, 01:48 PM
Go buy a 360 and stop being such a EMO
Conformist.

Namrok
08-17-07, 01:49 PM
Yeaaaaaaah, about that coop play.

I donno if you guys remember, but System Shock 2 had a patch that added coop play. Problem was, the game made us so jumpy, we'd always end up killing one another more than anything else. All in all it just didn't work so well, although it was amusing for about 15 minutes/80 deaths. Cause you know how it goes. "Oops, sorry, accident." "No Problem...OOPS, accident" "Hey asshole...ACCIDENT!" Then it just becomes open warfare from there.

Tr1cK
08-17-07, 01:51 PM
Yeaaaaaaah, about that coop play.

I donno if you guys remember, but System Shock 2 had a patch that added coop play. Problem was, the game made us so jumpy, we'd always end up killing one another more than anything else. All in all it just didn't work so well, although it was amusing for about 15 minutes/80 deaths. Cause you know how it goes. "Oops, sorry, accident." "No Problem...OOPS, accident" "Hey asshole...ACCIDENT!" Then it just becomes open warfare from there.

I got to do that!

Ninjaman09
08-17-07, 01:52 PM
Cause you know how it goes. "Oops, sorry, accident." "No Problem...OOPS, accident" "Hey asshole...ACCIDENT!" Then it just becomes open warfare from there.
I think that's ubiquitous in coop games. From playing Doom over the modem to playing Halo, I don't think I've ever completed a coop run of any game without having a massive war with my teammate. It's half the fun! :D

nVJoe
08-17-07, 01:55 PM
Conformist.
LOL! I sold out to the man.

:D

I just think people should be patient and wait for it to come out. Every one gets so uptight about playing a demo.

Tr1cK
08-17-07, 01:59 PM
LOL! I sold out to the man.

:D

I just think people should be patient and wait for it to come out. Every one gets so uptight about playing a demo.

I'd like a demo on the PC just to see how well it runs versus 360 so I know which one to get.

MaUiLoCaL
08-17-07, 02:01 PM
I'd like a demo on the PC just to see how well it runs versus 360 so I know which one to get.

I sure hope it runs well on the PC from the get go. I have a feeling we will see some Bioshock optimized drivers from NVIDIA shortly.;)

I am still impressed by the water effects in the 360 demo. Although the gameplay was very fun...did anyone else find the game a bit disturbing? I know if my wife saw it she would be shocked.:o

WeReWoLf
08-17-07, 02:04 PM
I sure hope it runs well on the PC from the get go. I have a feeling we will see some Bioshock optimized drivers from NVIDIA shortly.;)

That's probably why the demo is delayed :p