PDA

View Full Version : New drivers on the 21st? (Bioshock)

Pages : [1] 2 3

ikjadoon
08-17-07, 04:35 PM
I'm sure you guys know Bioshock is releasing next Tuesday. :eek: XBOX 360 owners got two treats in a row (demo already released and a few retailers accidentally presold quite a few copies). I've been hearing that the PC demo was delayed because they wanted the 'drivers' ready. I'm sure they were referring to GPUs and since it will probably be the first "semi-real" DX10 game, I'm sure nVidia would be making some new ones, probably BETA like they did for World in Conflict.

Looks pretty nice (the game, I mean) and I personally wouldn't mind another set of drivers. As long as they help more than just Bioshock, of course. :)

With luck, they will release with the demo which should launch this weekend or Monday.

Just a heads up.

:afro2:

~Ibrahim~

Frank the Tank
08-17-07, 04:47 PM
Confirmation from the Bioshock forums:

"PC will activate for the US on august 21st. and you'll want to wait till then anyway because new drivers will come out."

This is a statement referring to the accidental, early release of Bioshock for the 360.

Link: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3650

Now, whether this applies to both nvidia and ati, or just one chipset vendor, remains to be seen.

ikjadoon
08-17-07, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the forums. I see you registered just for the post, thanks. :)

That is the exact post I read, I just couldn't find it again, lol! Thanks a bunch! :D

~Ibrahim~

Frank the Tank
08-17-07, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forums. I see you registered just for the post, thanks. :)

That is the exact post I read, I just couldn't find it again, lol! Thanks a bunch! :D

~Ibrahim~

No problem. It was about time I stopped lurking, and this was the perfect time to do it.

I'm super excited about Bioshock and cautiously optimistic that new drivers will ensure good peformance and, thusly, a better experience... ;)

sclaws
08-17-07, 06:20 PM
These new drivers had better be >=158.45 re: nvlddmkm issues or I'm gonna set fire to an oil drum full of kittens.

SH64
08-17-07, 06:44 PM
BioDrivers! Cool :cool:

Eliminator
08-17-07, 09:10 PM
well would be nice to get them earlier than that so we can have them installed and ready when the game is out

Zenoth
08-17-07, 09:58 PM
What's all the fuss around BioShock and DX10 anyway ? If I recall correctly DX10 effects in BioShock are used only for water effects, and that's it, nothing else. Yes there is plenty of water in the game, granted, but who's actually really going to stare a that flow of water coming out of that random vent in that random corner when a Big Daddy wants you dead ? ...yup, that's what I thought.

jAkUp
08-17-07, 10:30 PM
It also improves the shadows and textures.

XxDeadlyxX
08-17-07, 11:11 PM
What's all the fuss around BioShock and DX10 anyway ? If I recall correctly DX10 effects in BioShock are used only for water effects, and that's it, nothing else. Yes there is plenty of water in the game, granted, but who's actually really going to stare a that flow of water coming out of that random vent in that random corner when a Big Daddy wants you dead ? ...yup, that's what I thought.

You'd be suprised :bleh: :D

WeReWoLf
08-18-07, 12:10 AM
Funnily enough, Big Daddy's don't attack until you attack them...

As for me? I quite enjoy watching the flow of water. As matter of fact, brb Bio break.

damicatz
08-18-07, 12:57 AM
nVidia should be focusing all their resources on fixing bugs (especially the alt-tab bug), not optimizing drivers for new games.

XxDeadlyxX
08-18-07, 01:13 AM
nVidia should be focusing all their resources on fixing bugs (especially the alt-tab bug), not optimizing drivers for new games.

They should be doing both equally ;)

RejZoR
08-18-07, 02:23 AM

LMAO and then you wonder (actually i don't) why System Shock 2 gameplay style never managed to get broader audiance attention till now.
Games like this aren't meant to "rush and clear the room" gameplay stile like 99% of all shooters on market. Every even the smallest detail in the world creats "be there" feel that not many games ever manage to achieve. Be it just a rusty wrench laying next to a beheaded corpse, debris over the floor, gun shot holes in the walls or a water stream pouring through the wall. Such games can create scary atmosphere not because stupid monsters are jumping up in your face with some loud screams but because entire ecosystem and atmosphere itself looks so real that you actually feel like you're part of the stuff thats going on there. Most of people don't really appreciate such details and never get thisn feeling, thats why there is bunch of generic shoot em all up FPS games. And yes, only water makes this game a very special one and good design of water effects and where and how water pours everywhere can make all the difference. If you don't get the feeling that you're in an underwater city, they failed. But from what i've seen from trailers they didn't. Excellent water and sound effects make the game atmosphere absolutelly jaw dropping.

grey_1
08-18-07, 04:53 AM
LMAO and then you wonder (actually i don't) why System Shock 2 gameplay style never managed to get broader audiance attention till now.
Games like this aren't meant to "rush and clear the room" gameplay stile like 99% of all shooters on market. Every even the smallest detail in the world creats "be there" feel that not many games ever manage to achieve. Be it just a rusty wrench laying next to a beheaded corpse, debris over the floor, gun shot holes in the walls or a water stream pouring through the wall. Such games can create scary atmosphere not because stupid monsters are jumping up in your face with some loud screams but because entire ecosystem and atmosphere itself looks so real that you actually feel like you're part of the stuff thats going on there. Most of people don't really appreciate such details and never get thisn feeling, thats why there is bunch of generic shoot em all up FPS games. And yes, only water makes this game a very special one and good design of water effects and where and how water pours everywhere can make all the difference. If you don't get the feeling that you're in an underwater city, they failed. But from what i've seen from trailers they didn't. Excellent water and sound effects make the game atmosphere absolutelly jaw dropping.
+1

ikjadoon
08-18-07, 07:43 AM
Actually, I've been hearing that we should most likely get them before the 21st. The game releases the 21st, the demo should release anytime before that. And it's the demo that is waiting for the drivers.

~Ibrahim~

Pav
08-18-07, 08:05 AM
I doubt nvidia will release drivers at weekend, so maybe monday? I also wonder if reviewers have managed to get hold of drivers and demo already, if anyone knows any reviewers, let us know ;)

RejZoR
08-18-07, 10:30 AM
Actually from what i've heard the engine is highly optimized and runs extremelly well with existing drivers.

ikjadoon
08-18-07, 12:01 PM
Really? That's great. I was afraid my GTS might not be enough.

Here's to hoping that it runs well on any machine! :D

~Ibrahim~

AngelGraves13
08-18-07, 05:26 PM
I hope my system is able to run it. Rainbow 6 Vegas ran like a turd.

vizionblind
08-18-07, 08:05 PM
Actually from what i've heard the engine is highly optimized and runs extremelly well with existing drivers.
heard the same

ikjadoon
08-18-07, 08:27 PM

Ouch. I don't want to burst your bubble, but I hear that if it could one of the Rainbow Six games (not sure if it was Vegas or what) fine, it would do good on Bioshock, too.

WeReWoLf
08-18-07, 08:34 PM

Thing is though, Vegas was a horrible port from a 360 game.

ikjadoon
08-18-07, 08:40 PM
Thing is though, Vegas was a horrible port from a 360 game.

Really? That's good news! And the 7800GTX is still a very fast card. I was very surprised when you said that, actually. I'm sure it will be fine. JUST GIVE ME THE FREAKING DEMO! lol

~Ibrahim~

ChaoticNick
08-19-07, 04:40 PM
Ken Levine says the drivers are coming Monday, along with the PC demo. http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html