PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause (8800GTX Shadow Issue)

robngamer
08-19-07, 01:46 PM
Guys, does anyone know a fix for the stupid shadow bug with the game Just Cause when running it with an 8800GTX?

I have tried so many drivers and none fix it, I even ran the darn game under Vista with a Vista driver and still the same issue!

robngamer
08-19-07, 02:00 PM
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=674903

3DBrad
08-19-07, 02:21 PM
The best way to fix it is to uninstall the game and play a better game. :p

conroejoe
08-19-07, 02:44 PM
Just Cause was a great game. Tons of fun, played through it twice and did alot of side missions.

I had the same issues with the moving shadow, never resolved.

Mine looked just like those screenshots.

That last video... the guy wasn't at the right distance from the ground to see it. Where he was it would've never showed up for him anyways. Those other screen shots are where you need to be (angle, height) to see that shadow problem. The reason some people dont see it, cause they aren't looking properly.

robngamer
08-19-07, 03:32 PM
Just Cause was a great game. Tons of fun, played through it twice and did alot of side missions.

I had the same issues with the moving shadow, never resolved.

Mine looked just like those screenshots.

That last video... the guy wasn't at the right distance from the ground to see it. Where he was it would've never showed up for him anyways. Those other screen shots are where you need to be (angle, height) to see that shadow problem. The reason some people dont see it, cause they aren't looking properly.

I love the game to and had a blast with it back when I played it with my X1900XT. Now I can finally run it with 16XAA and 16XAF but I have to put up with that stupid Crawling shadow which IMO just kills it. :thumbdwn: