PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet!!! DX10 Very nice!!

Pages : [1] 2

Eltigre88
08-19-07, 09:10 PM
Fun game with awesome graphics!! Check out pics.

3DBrad
08-19-07, 09:11 PM
Yep, the fur shader is cool, and the improved motion blur is great as well. :)

Eltigre88
08-19-07, 09:13 PM
more pics, thanks to fraps for capture. Wish I could post the videos!!

Eltigre88
08-19-07, 09:25 PM
Fur shader pics please ;)
Sorry please clue me in on the FUR shader and I will post pics.

3DBrad
08-19-07, 09:27 PM
Here ya go, just a small example. :)

Didn't have any saved games, so I can't go back to the spider.

Anyone have any saved game files? I've already beat the game like twice already. :D
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/Spoudazo/furshader1.jpg

Eliminator
08-19-07, 09:30 PM
that looks crazy... fur shader FTW

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:31 PM
Here ya go, just a small example. :)

Didn't have any saved games, so I can't go back to the spider.

Anyone have any saved game files? I've already beat the game like twice already. :D
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/Spoudazo/furshader1.jpg

So does the fur shader add more effects than just to the main guys coat?

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:36 PM
Sweet! How does it look in motion? Does it move or is it static?

I have been playing with it both on and off and I dont remember if it moves or not.

crainger
08-19-07, 09:36 PM
What kind of performance are you guys getting with the new patch?

I installed it and it's not running that well with the new DX10 options enabled... I thought it was susposed to improve performance. I'm thinking it's probably due to me running the 163 drivers.

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:39 PM

I installed it and it's not running that well with the new DX10 options enabled... I thought it was susposed to improve performance. I'm thinking it's probably due to me running the 163 drivers.

The first thing I noticed was how much faster it was running after the new DX10 Patch. I gained around 7 or more FPS out doors in the snow level under the settings I used to run.

Now I can crank everything up even with the new DX10 effects and it runs great. The only thing I dont run all the way up is the motion blur. I run it on High instead of DX10 mode.

BTW I am using Nvidias latest beta driver.

Eliminator
08-19-07, 09:39 PM

i really doubt its the drivers... have you tried shadows on medium... gives a huge boost

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:41 PM
i really doubt its the drivers... have you tried shadows on medium... gives a huge boost

Very true. It does boost it big time and it really does not look that much different.

3DBrad
08-19-07, 09:44 PM
I have everything on the highest (yes, shadows on high/dx10), etc. and average around 30fps.

Not the best, but the good motion blur makes it fine. :)

crainger
08-19-07, 09:44 PM
Ah ok. I'll give that a try. I did have them on med before, but put both shadow options up to DX10 and High as I assumed they would run better. :o

I'll have play with the options when I get home...

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:45 PM
Any one know if the Fur shader does anything else besides making the main characters Jacket look a bit better?

3DBrad
08-19-07, 09:47 PM
The spider and some other monsters look awesome, but I haven't been able to fight him since I don't have any game saves and don't want to play half way through the game just to see some fur on the spider. :p

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:48 PM
Ah ok. I'll give that a try. I did have them on med before, but put both shadow options up to DX10 and High as I assumed they would run better. :o

I'll have play with the options when I get home...

Both Shadows and Motion Blur under the new DX10 method takes a pretty big chunk of performance.

Try putting shadows on Medium and Motion Blur set to High. I gain around 10 or more FPS in the snow when I do this.

XxDeadlyxX
I maxed out settings, did the performance test and got 18fps.. so I'm liek... ok fair enough.

Then I went into a MP game and got literally 2fps :bleh:

robngamer
The spider and some other monsters look awesome, but I haven't been able to fight him since I don't have any game saves and don't want to play half way through the game just to see some fur on the spider. :p

Ah ok, so some of the monsters have fur added to them? cool.

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:49 PM
I maxed out settings, did the performance test and got 18fps.. so I'm liek... ok fair enough.

Then I went into a MP game and got literally 2fps :bleh:

Wow, thats pretty low dude. I think my average with Everything maxed out in DX10 modes at 1680X1050 with 4XAA and 16XAF was 31fps in the snow for average.

But of course im running an E6600@3.4ghz and a 8800GTX at 640core and 2030mem.

jAkUp
08-19-07, 09:49 PM
Any one know if the Fur shader does anything else besides making the main characters Jacket look a bit better?

It looks pretty cool on some of the enemies.

robngamer
08-19-07, 09:53 PM
It looks pretty cool on some of the enemies.

Ok I guess I will run with it on then. The only FPS difference I see with it on so far is around 2fps at the most.

The majority of the time im above 45-50fps out doors anyway so I can spare a couple.

crainger
08-19-07, 10:14 PM
Are you guys running Trans SSAA?

I'm running mine with Trans SSAA, 16AA and 16AF... I might try Trans MSAA, 4AA and maybe 8AF. I know the Trans AA setting was the cause for my low FPS in Overlord.

XxDeadlyxX
08-19-07, 10:15 PM
Wow, thats pretty low dude. I think my average with Everything maxed out in DX10 modes at 1680X1050 with 4XAA and 16XAF was 31fps in the snow for average.

But of course im running an E6600@3.4ghz and a 8800GTX at 640core and 2030mem.

Yeah I'm 1920x1200, 2xAA. What's really bad about this game too... is when fps is low there is MASSIVE delay in mouse movement, liek I'm talking 1+ seconds here. If you ask me Mouse/KB control in this hasn't been implemented very well..

Looks like I'll have to kill the AA and lower most things to medium :(

And to think people called me stupid for using anything lower than 4xAA on 8800.... only 6 months out from 8800 launch AA is having to be disabled already >.<. I really hope 9800's "free 4xAA" really is free.

robngamer
08-19-07, 10:56 PM
Are you guys running Trans SSAA?

I'm running mine with Trans SSAA, 16AA and 16AF... I might try Trans MSAA, 4AA and maybe 8AF. I know the Trans AA setting was the cause for my low FPS in Overlord.

Do not run Trans SSAA, it is a utter and complete performance killer. Use MSAA instead as it looks just about as good and cause little to zero cost in performance.

Also just use the ingame 4XAA for Lost planet and leave Trans MSAA off in your drivers because there are no transparency textures in Lost planet anyways.

Also 16XAA is way to much AA in LP to expect good performance.