PDA

View Full Version : $10K Counter-Strike Source Qualifier

fraggelrock
08-20-07, 01:09 AM
Now this might look like spam, but I was looking around igames and I found this CS Source competition, which is interesting because last month some friends and I started playing CS as a team. Nothing hardcore, but practicing as a team, and getting better.

http://www.igames.org/XFXqualifier

$10k open to all teams, but won’t this be dominated by the pro teams, or is this too small money and 'normal' gamers will still be able to have a chance?

We have never entered a competition, but we are getting good, not CGS level, but maybe this level. :o

Does anyone know any more about this series?

Tygerwoody
08-20-07, 07:48 AM
Its absolutely stupid to enter in a CSS tournament online. 99% of the people hack in them. How do I know? I PERSONALLY know people who enter them. Every single one of them hack. All of them say its impossible to even get a handful of kills without hacking. Basically its a game of "who is using the best hacks". Its ridiculous.

The only people I'll ever play with in CS:S is my immediate clan members. Thats it. :thumbdwn:

CaptNKILL
08-20-07, 08:04 AM
I'm happy to say I haven't played CS or CS:S in probably 2 years...

fraggelrock
08-20-07, 09:36 AM
Wow!! I didn't know that, about the hacks.

But my understanding is that these XFX team quals are being held at LAN centers, does the hack thing still apply?

Do people hack at competitions at LAN centers, or is it only on-line?

Tygerwoody
08-20-07, 09:40 AM
Wow!! I didn't know that, about the hacks.

But my understanding is that these XFX team quals are being held at LAN centers, does the hack thing still apply?

Do people hack at competitions at LAN centers, or is it only on-line?
I'm sure people hack at LAN tournaments too, however they have a higher chance at being caught. Which is good.

On internet games, theres next to nil percent chance of anyone being caught.

Monolyth
08-20-07, 09:59 AM
If they are at LAN centers they will most likely be using machines provided by the host, all they are allowed are mouse, mousepad, keyboard. That is how WSVG does it anyway...

Tygerwoody
08-20-07, 10:13 AM
If they are at LAN centers they will most likely be using machines provided by the host, all they are allowed are mouse, mousepad, keyboard. That is how WSVG does it anyway...
Every lan I have ever went to, you had to bring your own PC. I guess it depends on how big the event is. :o

Monolyth
08-20-07, 11:57 AM
Every lan I have ever went to, you had to bring your own PC. I guess it depends on how big the event is. :o

You're right, generally bigger LAN's have a BYOC area, and then there's a separate competition area which is filled with sponsor-supplied PC's. A cheaper route for something like this would be for the hosts of the contests to make arrangements with gaming cafes ATL to just use their machines.

But many smaller LAN's do allow you to use your own PC for any tourney they might have running, but even then there's almost always staff appointed as "screen-watchers". God help someone that uses cheats during a LAN match...