PDA

View Full Version : Wii artifacting, anyone else?

penitent_one
08-20-07, 02:13 AM
http://web.mac.com/ardoreal/Ardoreal/Wii_Issue.html

More specifically

http://web.mac.com/ardoreal/Ardoreal/Wii_Issue_files/Media/zelda1.jpg?derivative=web

These little b4stards show up all over, in any channel/game I run now.
Already have a repair order in w/Nintendo, all taken care of by warranty etc etc. Just curious.

crainger
08-20-07, 02:19 AM
Seems to be becoming more and more common. There are a few users round here who have experienced Wii artifacting.

LycosV
08-20-07, 02:38 AM
What am I supposed to be looking at here?

crainger
08-20-07, 02:41 AM
Those little bastards! Can't you see 'em? :D

Uberpwnage
08-20-07, 02:43 AM
Problems with the Wii? wow...lol

penitent_one
08-20-07, 02:43 AM
The...blocky squares....lil bastards!!! They keep showing up!!!
nnnooooO!!!!!

nVJoe
08-20-07, 03:12 AM
I get the lines up and down my TV. Drives me nuts.

Lyme
08-20-07, 12:36 PM
This is old-ish news. There have been reports about on how the wii connect24 is causing the Wii to overheat and damage some of the components.

|MaguS|
08-20-07, 12:41 PM
I have no clue what im suppose to be looking at... but if Wii Connect is causing problems then im glad my Wii isn't online.

evilghost
08-20-07, 12:41 PM
This is old-ish news. There have been reports about on how the wii connect24 is causing the Wii to overheat and damage some of the components.

+1, I've seen this as well. The 'sparkle' is another manifestation of it. RMA time.

MaUiLoCaL
08-20-07, 12:45 PM
Wow. Hmmm...well I have never seen such things when I play.;)

LycosV
08-20-07, 01:03 PM
I see low res, but doesn't the wii always look like that?

Namrok
08-20-07, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, had mine since launch day and haven't noticed anything, but then again I haven't played it much recently. I may revisit this thread when Metroid Prime 3 finally comes out. Just a week to go!

MaUiLoCaL
08-20-07, 01:48 PM
Hmmm, had mine since launch day and haven't noticed anything, but then again I haven't played it much recently. I may revisit this thread when Metroid Prime 3 finally comes out. Just a week to go!

I am so excited for MP3 I just feel like doing a dance. (nana2)

Namrok
08-20-07, 01:54 PM
I am so excited for MP3 I just feel like doing a dance. (nana2)

Yeah, MP3 & Bioshock have burned through my fun money for this month. Oh well, it's what fun money is there for!

penitent_one
08-20-07, 02:16 PM
Yeah, hopefully my Wii gets home before too long... I got cash in hand ready for MP3.

Lyme
08-20-07, 02:43 PM
I have no clue what im suppose to be looking at... but if Wii Connect is causing problems then im glad my Wii isn't online.

You don't have to be online, your Wii simply needs to be in standby for it to overheat. Just like the 360, proper ventilation is important to maintaining your new consoles.

For those wondering what the heck we are talking about. In the picture posted there are stray white/blueish pixels where there shoulden't be any, that typically is the sign of the graphics chip and/or ram having being damaged from overheating.

penitent_one
08-20-07, 06:14 PM
You don't have to be online, your Wii simply needs to be in standby for it to overheat. Just like the 360, proper ventilation is important to maintaining your new consoles.

For those wondering what the heck we are talking about. In the picture posted there are stray white/blueish pixels where there shoulden't be any, that typically is the sign of the graphics chip and/or ram having being damaged from overheating.

Exactly, except in brighter areas those white/black blocks can account for far more than a small localized area. In some cases the screen distortion becomes extremely uncomfortable.