PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Demo Key Binding Issue

SlieTheSecond
08-20-07, 09:30 PM
I can't bind anything to the H key!
When I try to, it says "key is reserved, try another key"

Well I don't want to try another key. I use H as my strafe left. Which I have used since the beginning of time. And using any other key would just screw me up trying to play :)

It seems the key bindings are in ConfigINI.IBF.
So I tried modifying it in there. But the Config file must have some code in it that none of my word editors can preserve because even if I just open the file and click save. Bioshock will not start. It will crash every time, without modifying the file. Just opening and saving it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can make it not be a reserved key and bind to it?
Or is this a demo only thing, and not in the full version? Restricting the ability to bind keys is ridiculous imo.

alucard_x
08-20-07, 09:49 PM
I can't bind anything to the H key!
When I try to, it says "key is reserved, try another key"

Well I don't want to try another key. I use H as my strafe left. Which I have used since the beginning of time. And using any other key would just screw me up trying to play :)

It seems the key bindings are in ConfigINI.IBF.
So I tried modifying it in there. But the Config file must have some code in it that none of my word editors can preserve because even if I just open the file and click save. Bioshock will not start. It will crash every time, without modifying the file. Just opening and saving it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can make it not be a reserved key and bind to it?
Or is this a demo only thing, and not in the full version? Restricting the ability to bind keys is ridiculous imo.

i was just going to make the same post. thanks for saving me the time :headexplode:

i use R to strafe left, same reason as you.

any solution?

SlieTheSecond
08-20-07, 10:19 PM
Next on my list is a hex editor. But it's late and I am going to bed.
I'll see if it works tomorrow.

alucard_x
08-22-07, 10:13 AM
bump.. still no solution