PDA

View Full Version : BioShock FOV Screwed Up?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 12:56 AM
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11658
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4883

Yep ... the FOV is the same width whatever your screen ... so widescreen users are missing the top and bottom of the view (the red bit).

There are no FOV settings in the user.ini ... if you add them they are ignored ...

If this is true it would seem the FOV (field of view) is messed up in the PC verison of BioShock. If this is true I will be very disappointed.:(

I really need to running at 1080p on my 37".

Can anyone confirm or deny this?:confused:

Thanks for the heads up Destroy.

By the way anyone wondering if you can just hack the true widescreen support it does not appear that you can.:(

nekrosoft13
08-21-07, 01:01 AM
i already e-mailed the developer, hopefuly they will fix this

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 01:06 AM
i already e-mailed the developer, hopefuly they will fix this

I wonder if this is an issue that is also effecting the 360 version and people just don't realize it.:(

jAkUp
08-21-07, 01:24 AM
yes this is confirmed.

I tried editing the FOV through bioshock.ini but it didn't make any difference for some reason.

It is likely that someone will figure out how to edit the fov, it just appears that at this time it has not been discovered.

jAkUp
08-21-07, 01:25 AM
EDIT:

Also some have said that the FOV is a little wonky on the 360 version as well, but I am not sure if this is confirmed or not. Sad these issues are in such a fantastic game, but I am sure that they will be fixed up either by WSF or Irrational themselves.

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 01:26 AM
yes this is confirmed.

I tried editing the FOV through bioshock.ini but it didn't make any difference for some reason.

It is likely that someone will figure out how to edit the fov, it just appears that at this time it has not been discovered.

Hopefully the fix will come quickly. This is really unfortunate. I mean BioShock is still a fantastic game, but this is something that should not have been cut from production or missed.

NaitoSan
08-21-07, 01:26 AM
that's too bad. :( hopefully patch will be up tomorrow to fix this small problem. i'm not really worried about it but it'd be nice. :)

jcrox
08-21-07, 01:28 AM
Could be just the demo?

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 01:30 AM
Could be just the demo?

Maybe. I just have a hard time believeing a demo released at this point would not be near retail quality with the coding.

jcrox
08-21-07, 01:34 AM
Maybe. I just have a hard time believeing a demo released at this point would not be near retail quality with the coding.

Yeah, being that it releases in about 15 hours I'm guessing the full version will have the same problem. Hopefully they fix it soon, I just finally ordered a new monitor.

jAkUp
08-21-07, 01:36 AM
Can anyone tell by these screenshots if the full version has the same issue?

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/707/707640/imgs_1.html

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 01:40 AM

Hmmmmm....I'm not sure. I wonder what res IGN was running at when they reviewed it.:headexplode:

XxDeadlyxX
08-21-07, 01:50 AM

Yep, it does.

Bah... it seems every second game that comes out has screwed widescreen. It took STALKER until patch 1.0003 to fix it. And I won't even start on Halo 2's abysmal FOV of... 60? :bleh:

You would think developers would be running their games on at least a few Dell 24" screens (Epic of course do).

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 01:53 AM
Although the experience can still be fun, it simply is not the same if you are always thinking to yourself: "I'm missing the top and bottem of my screen".

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 02:08 AM
Well I'm off to bed. I fear at least until a patch is released we are in for a bad surprise tomorrow.

Paddywak
08-21-07, 03:31 AM
@ MaUiLoCaL ...

Although the experience can still be fun, it simply is not the same if you are always thinking to yourself: "I'm missing the top and bottem of my screen".Actually it FEELS wrong too ... :(

BTW ...
Thank you very much for making this issue a thread of it's own ... :cool:

lumpyhed
08-21-07, 04:50 AM
If we can figure out a way to access the console in-game it should be easy to change the fov there and then.

XxDeadlyxX
08-21-07, 04:53 AM
This is the first time I've heard of it being an issue on a console game as well.

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 09:52 AM
@ MaUiLoCaL ...

BTW ...
Thank you very much for making this issue a thread of it's own ... :cool:

Hey Paddywak! It's great to have you of all people posting in this thread since you initially brought the issue up to 2K. By the way Widescreengamingforums is the roxorz!:D

Hopefully today after people receive and start playing the retail version we will hear more about this.;)

nekrosoft13
08-21-07, 09:56 AM
going to pick up the game after work today.

Destroy
08-21-07, 10:12 AM
Anyone playing the full version yet and can confirm the FOV is messed up in full also?

madmossy
08-21-07, 11:18 AM
Looking at the screen shots on IGN it appears the retail version does indeed suffer the same problem as the characters wrists are not visible in widescreen shots.

Tr1cK
08-21-07, 11:19 AM
I guess I should play it on my 19" 4:3 instead of my 22" 16:10 then huh?

Destroy
08-21-07, 11:38 AM
I guess I should play it on my 19" 4:3 instead of my 22" 16:10 then huh?

IMO yes or wait for a patch for it to get fixed. I played through the demo a 2nd time in 4:3 12x10 res and the game felt and played much better. Not nearly as zoomed in feeling.

MaUiLoCaL
08-21-07, 12:01 PM
Looking at the screen shots on IGN it appears the retail version does indeed suffer the same problem as the characters wrists are not visible in widescreen shots.

That's what I'm thinking now after I have given the IGN images a second look.:(