PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night - ridiculous story

MustangSVT
08-21-07, 01:51 AM
A couple days ago, I got together with some buddies to play some board games, mainly Clue (which is pretty fun by the way). Anyway, later that day, we got to playing one of the buddy's PS3 that he just got, and he had Fight Night 3 for it. Two of my other friends first had a fight, was pretty exciting, Ali vs Foreman, Rumble in the Jungle.

Anyway, after that, I got a chance to play myself. I have the game on Xbox360 myself, but haven't played it in a year, so I didn't remember the controls, the whole total punch control was confusing. So we had a middleweight fight. I played as Oscar de la Hoya, and my friend played as Bernard Hopkins. Madison Square Garden.

As the fight started, we were both doing pretty well (compared to the way our other friends had played the match before). From the 3rd round on, I started getting my a$$ kicked. I fell down around round 3 or round 4 after taking many haymakers/special punch because I was being an idiot about the blocking thing and couldn't figure out how to block my friend's repeating special punch. As the match progressed, I kept doing not so well. I would fight well, but my blocking just sucked when that special punch came around. I fell down again a 2nd time around round 6, and I just barely managed to get up after 8 seconds. After that round, I kept doing pretty bad with the blocking, but whenever the "knockout" mode would engage, I would hug the other fighter. I managed to perfect this pretty well actually. The funny thing was when the round was over, De la Hoya's face was never too "mutilated" unlike Hopkins in other corner. Me and my friends kept joking and laughing how the developers probably made it so that "pretty boy" remains "pretty", funny.

Anyway, this whole process of my friend doing his special punch and me hugging continued all the way to round 12 (last round). By now, from round 8 to 12, I had done quite a few punches myself, many haymakers. Around round 8 actually, I engaged knock out mode myself, but I hugged instead of punching because I was being an idiot. By round 12, both me and my friend were tired and the punches were weak. I kept hugging him in the knockout mode, and always put on some amazing punches, but knock out mode wouldn't engage for me. However, something ridiculous happened, and when the game went "10 seconds left" in the very last round (12), I managed to get in the signature punch (which I had been doing continously since round 8), and knockout mode engaged, I instantly did the signature punch again, and Hopkins fell down. My friend tried his best, but he couldn't get the two points together (was impossible really), and I won the match with what was basically 5 seconds from defeat. When the points tally came, he was 116 on points and I was like 108. I had lost every round from 3 to 10 which made the points difference. My friend was devastated and still couldn't believe what had just happened. My other friends were also stunned and I was stunned myself.

This fight was so ridiculous to win, I will probably remember this gaming moment for the rest of my life.

Serath
08-21-07, 02:49 AM
Ahhhhhh I remember times like those. Different game, but similar experience. Bushido Blade on PSX... my friend kept hacking and slashing at me for a long time, but never got a critical hit. I finally came back with one strike that won the fight. Quite funny, really.

Mr. Hunt
08-21-07, 06:28 AM
Ahhhhhh I remember times like those. Different game, but similar experience. Bushido Blade on PSX... my friend kept hacking and slashing at me for a long time, but never got a critical hit. I finally came back with one strike that won the fight. Quite funny, really.

Sorry for the off topicness... but man... Bushido Blade owned... really wish they would make a part 3.

Bman212121
08-21-07, 06:58 AM
O RLY? (Just pushing the spam threads off the top of the pile, carry on. ;))