PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Full Version Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

jAkUp
08-21-07, 11:24 AM
Today is the day! My LE version is waiting for me at EB (nana2)

Mr. Hunt
08-21-07, 11:40 AM
Today is the day! My LE version is waiting for me at EB (nana2)

Same here... going to get it at lunch... won't be able to play much though... work nights so I need sleep before going in tonight :(.

Luckily I have tomorrow night off and it will be Bioshock day.

nVidi0t
08-21-07, 11:42 AM
I have my copy, but wont be able to play until the weekend. :thumbdwn:

MikeC
08-21-07, 12:32 PM
Bioshock for $39 at CircuitCity

http://nvnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=39015668/search=bioshock

CaptNKILL
08-21-07, 12:34 PM
Don't think I'll get to play mine until tomorrow. It should be coming in a few hours, but I have to go to bed and then to work at 10:30. :(

Mr. Hunt
08-21-07, 12:35 PM
Just got my LE... sweetness... the Big Daddy included is much bigger and heavier than I thought it would be.

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know-- are copies being delivered to the stores today, or put on the shelves today? OR both...

jcrox
08-21-07, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know-- are copies being delivered to the stores today, or put on the shelves today? OR both...

Circuit City, Best Buy, EB, and Walmart all had it on their shelves today... at least here anyway.

Ninjaman09
08-21-07, 01:22 PM
Installing now, can't wait! :D (btw this is a long ass install)

The LE Big Daddy is very nice btw, quite large and well-made.

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 01:26 PM
Circuit City, Best Buy, EB, and Walmart all had it on their shelves today... at least here anyway.

THanks... looks like I'll be taking an early lunch today.

Digital_Trans
08-21-07, 01:29 PM
I ended up getting Bioshock off Steam for $49.99 I've already completed the pre-load download and I still can't play it for another 2 hours. Hell, I should of got this game at Circuit City for less @ $39.00 and started playing it hours ago. Steam is over charging customers and making them wait even longer to even play the damn game on release date. Now that defines retarded 100% Oh, well listen learned! I sure would like to know who's ever idea it was over at steam to time release this game even on release date. They have a stupid damn clock counting counting down the time...just look! I would love to shove my foot up their ass for such a stupid idea! Complete morons!

SlieTheSecond
08-21-07, 01:36 PM
I ended up getting Bioshock off Steam for $49.99 I still can't play it for another 2 hours. Hell, I should of got this game at Circuit City for less @ $39.00 and started playing it hours ago.
Steam is over charging customers and making them wait even longer to even play the damn game on release date. Now that defines retarded 100% Oh, well listen learned!
I sure would like to know who's ever idea it was to time release this game at steam because I would love to shove my foot up their ass for such a stupid idea! Complete morons!

Yet your the one who got it on steam?

Digital_Trans
08-21-07, 01:40 PM
Yet your the one who got it on steam?

Well working alot these days man! Time cruncher but for sure I should of been reading the value of owning the CD vs this steam bull $****. I sure would love to kick steams stupid a$$es a new idea on how to make sure to fully release the game today instead of an x-amount of hours even on release date.
Oh, well it's just a game not a 2009 CAMARO Super Sport!~ I won't get layed by having the CD but it would be nice and you can rest assure I'll buy ever game I can hold in my own hands next time. Steam just lost me as a next time customer/buyer on any game they release! Hell the morons just now added the Bioshock demo to their steam download manager. Someone there has to be on the slow bus.......or they fell off the banana truck! (nana2) Steam, if your out there reading my post F*** Y** TO! (pb)

Tygerwoody
08-21-07, 01:45 PM
Steam rocks. quit your crying :thumbsup:

:D

Burner_Tbird2
08-21-07, 01:46 PM
I picked up my copy during lunch, didn't have time to install it but its going to be the first thing I do when I get home. I can't wait!

And go easy on Digital_Trans, its hot as a bastard out today in FL. Can't blame him for wanting to stay inside and D/L his copy ;)

CaptNKILL
08-21-07, 01:53 PM
Holy crap! Has anyone seen the Limited Edition???

I just got mine in the mail and its freaking HUGE! I thought the Big Daddy figurine would be like key-chain size, but its like 5 inches tall! The box is the thickness of 3 or 4 PC games. :eek:

EDIT: Damn... this Big Daddy is sweet. Its really elaborate. I think it has metal in it. It weighs a pound or two.

Digital_Trans
08-21-07, 01:54 PM
I picked up my copy during lunch, didn't have time to install it but its going to be the first thing I do when I get home. I can't wait!

And go easy on Digital_Trans, its hot as a bastard out today in FL. Can't blame him for wanting to stay inside and D/L his copy ;)

Yes, it's so hot today! :beer2:

|MaguS|
08-21-07, 01:54 PM

Seriously, Was thinking about washing my car but said **** it...

Ninjaman09
08-21-07, 01:59 PM
By the way, I'm STILL waiting for it to install. This takes a VERY LONG TIME to install, so make sure you have something to keep you busy while you wait. ;)

jdspinna
08-21-07, 02:17 PM
For all the people bitching about the steam release time... 2k is who sets the actual release time not steam. I'm still buying from steam.

Carry on.

|MaguS|
08-21-07, 02:21 PM
By the way, I'm STILL waiting for it to install. This takes a VERY LONG TIME to install, so make sure you have something to keep you busy while you wait. ;)

Theres always the Bianca thread...

Ninjaman09
08-21-07, 02:23 PM
OK this is driving me crazy - is there any way to disable the forced mouse acceleration this game puts on? It's really terrible, and I'm finding it hard to aim and use the menus.

|MaguS|
08-21-07, 02:25 PM
Whats the sensetivity of your mouse in windows? It probably doesn't have its own unique setting so its accelerating that. I have mine set to pretty low and it didn't feel too fast.

Heck when I play CS:S I have it set to almost the lowest...

Ninjaman09
08-21-07, 02:30 PM
No it's not that it's too fast, it's that it's so slow that the cursor doesn't even move unless I drag my mouse halfway across the mousepad. I have mouse acceleration turned off in Windows and the sensitivity it set halfway - this works perfectly for every single game I have.

Ingame it is extremely imprecise because of the acceleration. This is an issue that should not exist.

This game was clearly developed for the X-Box 360 with the PC version cobbled together as an afterthought. Even the save game dialog says "Saving, don't turn off your machine!".

|MaguS|
08-21-07, 02:31 PM
No it's not that it's too fast, it's that it's so slow that the cursor doesn't even move unless I drag my mouse halfway across the mousepad. I have mouse acceleration turned off in Windows and the sensitivity it set halfway - this works perfectly for every single game I have.

Huh.... no clue...