PDA

View Full Version : Does BioShock live up to the hype?

Pages : [1] 2

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 05:05 PM
Well, does it? It's gotten crazy good reviews, but there seem to be some weird glitches, and people aren't all that impressed with the gameplay and story. Don't vote until you've played the full version.

jAkUp
08-21-07, 05:19 PM
I haven't seen anyone that was disappointed with the gameplay or story.

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 05:43 PM

A couple of people have said that the gameplay is too linear and not as original as claimed. And there have been some grumbling about the ending. Apparently none of these people have been polled. :D

hordaktheman
08-21-07, 06:05 PM
Still a bit early to tell, but no complaints from me so far. Except maybe the FOV issue, but it doesn't bother me enough to detract from the game. I wasn't really too impressed with the demo on my first run through, but after doing it a couple more times to tweak my system I'm really starting to appreciate it better. I'm only a little bit further in than the demo, but as of yet it's a blast.

Destroy
08-21-07, 06:06 PM
This poll is too black and white. Should have put some middle ground answers in there.

jcrox
08-21-07, 06:17 PM
It's a great game. It is a bit more linear than I was expecting and by no means would I say that it totally redefines FPSs as developers suggested previously but it does rock. Will surely keep me plenty busy for a bit of the time I have to wait for Crysis.

CaptNKILL
08-21-07, 06:19 PM
I only had enough time to play to the point where the demo ended. Seems pretty damn good though.

Hopefully I'll get more time to dedicate to it in the next week or so.

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 06:31 PM
This poll is too black and white. Should have put some middle ground answers in there.

I thought about adding some more, but I think polls get too convoluted sometimes. And with this game, most everyone will buy it and probably like it to some extent, but I thought this would answer if this is truly the marvel that the reviewers are saying.

So: yes, it lives up to the hype-- greatest FPS thus far---No, it's really as good as people say it is---STALKER still pwns it, give me the expansion.

Seems to be a fairly resounding yes so far... which is good since I just plunked down $50 on it. :o

svetli_pp
08-21-07, 06:32 PM
I haven't played the whole game yet, but the demo is so dull and uninsired that I even wonder whether to play it at all.

Bman212121
08-21-07, 06:35 PM
I only had enough time to play to the point where the demo ended. Seems pretty damn good though.

Hopefully I'll get more time to dedicate to it in the next week or so.

I dunno about the full game, but I did just try out the demo. I went all the way through in less than 1/2 hour. The graphics on it seem to be prettty slick, and they have some really good background noises to help immerse you into the game. I'm not a scary game fan so I probably won't buy it, but from what I've seen so far it looks like a pretty decent game.

SH64
08-21-07, 07:03 PM
Haven't played the full game , but i think BioShock is overhyped.
details here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1349495&postcount=93)

SOAD
08-21-07, 07:45 PM
would give you my opinion, except for the fact that I have been downloding the demo for 12hrs now and its on 8%

:(

bloody 3mb broadband

CaptNKILL
08-21-07, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't rate the full game based on the demo alone.

I didn't vote because I haven't played the game enough.

Digital_Trans
08-21-07, 09:24 PM
WOW! I've been playing the full version PC game off steam for about 3 hours. This game rocks and runs flawless and fast on my computer. Running at 2560X1600 with all graphics maxed out on 1 8800 GTX KO Edition and Intel Quad Core QX6800 4GB of corsair Dominator Series ram clocked at 1066MHz so yes, blazing fast and it's using the unreal graphics engine. I hope Unreal Tournament 3 looks better then Bioshock. Being months away it could very well look better by release date and by that time I'll have the new NVIDIA 9800 GTX!!! :D If you don't have a good high-end system you'll be better off with XBOX 360 version. But PC looks better if you have a setup like mine for sure. The only thing I think that sucked was some of the compressed textures on the walls and certain objects. Other then that, they did a fantastic job! :D

bugmeplz
08-21-07, 10:03 PM
No.

Arioch
08-21-07, 10:08 PM
Despite the widescreen issue and lack of AA in DX10 I say yes - the gameplay shine for me in the end.

methimpikehoses
08-21-07, 11:43 PM
Wow, the atmosphere is great, and I really haven't been bothered by the no-AA at all... it's not too noticeable. The NPC's hollering at each other and chasing each other around is amusing too. Overall the visuals are great, the controls are easy and intuitive, and it's very quick switching between plasmids and your weapons. Good game. I'll vote when I've gotten through a few more levels...

Unstable_Hero
08-21-07, 11:46 PM
I voted no cause most of the reviews said stuff like its a really big moral decision to harvest the littles sisters but i find almost no question in harvesting them its just automatic for me, but then again that one chick said

(**POSSIBLE SPOLIER**)

she would make it worth my while to save them but i don't see any benfit yet. I'm just entered the fishermans place.

(**end possible spoiler**)

crainger
08-21-07, 11:51 PM
No.

You have a very strong argument there...

3DBrad
08-22-07, 12:10 AM
Linear, consolized, etc.

mullet
08-22-07, 12:54 AM
I played a little, ran smooth, got bored but before I deleted it, I got the wife to try it she got bored after 4 minutes, said meh and went back to cooking breakfast. Bottom line it was deleted but in a happier note I got some nice pancakes and beacon. :D

Destroy
08-22-07, 01:13 AM
Hail to the King, Baby!!!!

Now this is how a game hud should be done. No stupid menus to scroll or click through. Info, data and options; everything right at your mouse command with a touch of one key.

Bring back the non-dumbed down games!!!!
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5114/testme2007082200323173ma3.jpg

Sazar
08-22-07, 01:56 AM

/me puts up hand @ the game play.

Story is decent though.

Buio
08-22-07, 02:23 AM
Well, does it? It's gotten crazy good reviews, but there seem to be some weird glitches, and people aren't all that impressed with the gameplay and story. Don't vote until you've played the full version.

There will always be people who dont like games, even if the game is very popular and get glowing reviews.

"I did not care for the Godfather" :P

OldOfEvil
08-22-07, 04:02 AM
You forgot the "I did not read Atlas Shrugged" option.. :p