PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock - no sound in game, need help

AngelGraves13
08-21-07, 06:35 PM
I'm getting no sound once a level loads. Not even sound in the menus.

I have a Realtek HD Audio onboard soundcard.

I can find the Default file with all the settings in the Release folder, but I know that's the one it makes the user file from. So where is that file with all my current settings? If I could find it, maybe I could set the sound to compatibility mode. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to buy a damn sound card.

CaptNKILL
08-21-07, 07:23 PM
It should be in c:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\bioshock\bioshoc k.ini

BTW, ignore the empty saved games folder here, your saves are safe in your Documents folder. :)

AngelGraves13
08-21-07, 07:30 PM
Yeah, been there already. It's using FMOD, but changing that around didn't help. There's nothing to be done. This is the only game I've ever had a problem with having no sound. I don't know what's going on.

vert305
08-24-07, 07:45 PM
OK same issue... sound keeps going out.. im sick of restarting the game... playing for 10 min and then "NO SOUND"

I have tried: 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 sound options
EAX and Reverb: OFF

MONO, STEREO options

nothing works...

anyone got anymore ideas that i might now have tried?

AngelGraves13
08-24-07, 08:11 PM
I got it working after a format. Only with EAX and reverb off. It works with reverb on, but lots of static.

vert305
08-24-07, 08:57 PM
I got it working after a format. Only with EAX and reverb off. It works with reverb on, but lots of static.

What do you mean Format? How do i go about doing this

grey_1
08-24-07, 10:28 PM
OK same issue... sound keeps going out.. im sick of restarting the game... playing for 10 min and then "NO SOUND"

I have tried: 2.1, 4.1, 5.1 sound options
EAX and Reverb: OFF

MONO, STEREO options

nothing works...

anyone got anymore ideas that i might now have tried?
This is exactly what I ran into more than halfway through the game. Once I restart the game it stays cleared up though.

Re: your question to 99 to life, he probably reformatted his hdd and re-installed windows. A bit drastic imho.

sillyeagle
08-24-07, 11:22 PM
Re: your question to 99 to life, he probably reformatted his hdd and re-installed windows. A bit drastic imho.

Once upon a time I too could do casual formats. These days it takes 3 days of work to get the system back to where i want it. LOL

WeReWoLf
08-25-07, 12:29 AM
Heh, tell me about it.

AngelGraves13
08-28-07, 05:26 PM
Once upon a time I too could do casual formats. These days it takes 3 days of work to get the system back to where i want it. LOL

Well it fixed it, so I'm not complaining.

grey_1
08-28-07, 05:44 PM
+1, :p

jcrox
08-28-07, 06:46 PM

I got to that point too so when I bought this Intel rig my 6000+ set up turned into my day-to-day computer for general use and I now keep my gaming rig bare bones on a 75GB Raptor. Wipe it clean, slap on Vista, a couple of drivers and what ever game or 2 that I'm playing at the moment and viola, about 30 minutes and I'm ready to rock. I just like having that clean fresh feeling that only a new install can provide :)

SH0DAN
08-28-07, 08:00 PM

I make and then backup a image of my new installs,then keep then on netwoek drive for any emergencies.

I have had no problems with Bioshock at all,on my any of my gaming computers. :cool:

PeteSahat
12-29-08, 04:39 AM
Hi,
had the same problem on Vista32. There's a blog which gives you the hint to set the Compatibility of the exe to WinXP-SP2. That worked for me, even with Steam (when setting the compatibility-mode to steam.exe)

nekrosoft13
12-29-08, 07:35 AM
08-28-07 <---- check the calendar