PDA

View Full Version : Attention Please!

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
08-21-07, 09:11 PM
I did some research into a problem with opening up CPL in 100 series drivers.

Now i decided to play around and put in a fresh drive load windows, chipset and display"100" Series.

Well during the install i didn't have a problem that i was having with my current setup. when detecting the second GPU, the screen would garble. with horizontal squigly lines and i can't see the screen so i have to assume the finish restart key and reboot. This didn't happen with the fresh install of the OS it went through just fine.

However on the current setup, i wouldn't go into CPL, but with the fresh drive install of Windows XP chipset and these drivers, bang CPL cameup just fine and see all the options and i noticed that with these you have to use ntune to get the temps cuz its a performance item know.

I did do an install of setpoint 4 and rebooted and the CPL did come up fine.

So there has to be something wrong with my current setup or just a driver conflict. no issues at all with setup and cpl with fresh install.

This is very annoying cuz maybe installing drivers first than setpoint could be working or before having setpoint installed already than doing an istall of forceware drivers could be the problem.

I thought there were problems with the second card cuz of the horizontal lines after installing the second card but no its good.

There is a conflict with a driver i know that or a bad startup item.

It could be windowblinds setpoint keybaord drivers, XFI drivers anything.

Has anyone resolved this with a removal of drivers?

Mr Bigman
08-21-07, 10:15 PM
This is very serious and could save me a system. I will beat the **** out of this box if it doesn't get with it.

Slammin
08-22-07, 02:04 AM
Can't expect a driver to fix a 'dirty' OS install. Let's face it, the longer an OS is installed, the 'dirtier' it becomes.

Regarding cpl taking long, the only time that's happened to me was on a stale XP install and only after I used some modded .inf's to load a few beta nVidia video drivers. Nothing but a fresh OS install cured it for me. I stopped using modded .infs after that.

beardstroke
08-22-07, 02:27 AM
may this noob ask what is CPL?

Slammin
08-22-07, 02:43 AM
Control Panel

Uberpwnage
08-22-07, 02:44 AM
may this noob ask what is CPL?

control panel

lol some1 posted before me

conroejoe
08-22-07, 11:24 AM
I did some research into a problem with opening up CPL in 100 series drivers.

Now i decided to play around and put in a fresh drive load windows, chipset and display"100" Series.

Well during the install i didn't have a problem that i was having with my current setup. when detecting the second GPU, the screen would garble. with horizontal squigly lines and i can't see the screen so i have to assume the finish restart key and reboot. This didn't happen with the fresh install of the OS it went through just fine.

However on the current setup, i wouldn't go into CPL, but with the fresh drive install of Windows XP chipset and these drivers, bang CPL cameup just fine and see all the options and i noticed that with these you have to use ntune to get the temps cuz its a performance item know.

I did do an install of setpoint 4 and rebooted and the CPL did come up fine.

So there has to be something wrong with my current setup or just a driver conflict. no issues at all with setup and cpl with fresh install.

This is very annoying cuz maybe installing drivers first than setpoint could be working or before having setpoint installed already than doing an istall of forceware drivers could be the problem.

I thought there were problems with the second card cuz of the horizontal lines after installing the second card but no its good.

There is a conflict with a driver i know that or a bad startup item.

It could be windowblinds setpoint keybaord drivers, XFI drivers anything.

Has anyone resolved this with a removal of drivers?

I've seen your posts about this, however no one else is having the problem. Its just a software issue. Something you have installed on your PC is causing this to happen. To resolve an issue like this: reformat, clean install windows, then your chipset driver and then GPU drivers (nothing more at this point). See if the CPL loads - I would imagine like everyone elses OS loads it will. Start loading your apps and check the control panel after each app and see which one causes the problem. Since this isn't a driver issue you are going to need to take the time and troubleshoot this one on your own and find out which piece of software or other driver causes the problem.

There is no silver bullet - if someone else had the same problem and resolved it, they would have replied to one of your threads. It's time to get your hands dirty man...

EDIT: oh and dude... lose the signature "I love hot Woman With Big Hooters." All men do. Besides it should be Hot Women.

Mr Bigman
08-22-07, 02:30 PM
I did that same thing with a spare drive laying around.

The CPL loaded just fine and did one game install to see and it worked very well.

One thing i didn't get with installing drivers in the fresh drive was a horizontal shift in the screen after the second GPU was detected so its something running in the background causing these issues.

conroejoe
08-22-07, 03:46 PM
I did that same thing with a spare drive laying around.

The CPL loaded just fine and did one game install to see and it worked very well.

One thing i didn't get with installing drivers in the fresh drive was a horizontal shift in the screen after the second GPU was detected so its something running in the background causing these issues.

Right, now just keep installing apps, checking the CP till it doesn't come up.

Mr Bigman
08-22-07, 06:59 PM
I think it moght whats installed first. If you have all your software installed than make the upgrade, it might not work but just doing display drivers first might work.

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 01:06 AM
Seems like the guy with the Bioshock drivers are having issues with CP also.

Im not the only one with this issue.

We need to avoid reloading 2 weeks worth of drivers and apps to fix this not so major issue.

Why would people have no problem with 90 series opening up the control panal but 100 series? To me, that sounds like something very strange.

conroejoe
08-23-07, 02:27 AM
Seems like the guy with the Bioshock drivers are having issues with CP also.

Im not the only one with this issue.

We need to avoid reloading 2 weeks worth of drivers and apps to fix this not so major issue.

Why would people have no problem with 90 series opening up the control panal but 100 series? To me, that sounds like something very strange.

Ok, so two people have this issue.

Its a piece of software on your computer that doesnt like 100 series drivers.

Figure out what piece of software it is so you can contact NV and the offender and let them know their softwares aren't playing well together.

No one is going to fix this for you. You have to be a big boy and take the time to troubleshoot this for yourself.

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 01:46 PM
Im well aware of that a a remark like that doesn't show how bright you are.

People come here to share advice about an issue not make fun or critize someone about the issue. You act like its my fault that this is a problem.

Don't jump down my throut about it instead give good critiszm.

I just don't want to go throught 2 weeks worth of installing just to fix a minor issue with a driver.

conroejoe
08-23-07, 03:48 PM
You act like its my fault that this is a problem.

I just don't want to go throught 2 weeks worth of installing just to fix a minor issue with a driver.

We it might not be your fault, but it's your problem to fix. We are tired of seeing the posts, just get it fixed already. 2 weeks? It takes me about an hour to reinstall everything, are we a little dramatic? I don't have any suggestions for you, neither does anyone else. There are exactly 2 people on these forums with the same problem. You guys need to figure out the problem instead of expecting everyone else to tell you what is causing it. We don't have that problem, we aren't going to be able to give you a solution.

How bright I am? Cmon man you've posted and complained about this issue for awhile now - we are tired of seeing these posts and if we were able to help, we would've. I'm sure next week you'll open another thread with the same issue. I'm trying to encourage you to fix it and post the fix. There are leaders and followers - be a leader :D

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 05:54 PM
I did some housecleaning to find out what is the porblem?
I removed all Creative Products, didn't help.
Removed all Setpoint drivers, didn't help.
removed Adaware 2007, didn't help.
I did install Ntune with the newest drivers and whats weird is the CP starts but with only the Ntune parts no regular forcware settings.

I am starting to believe there is entired that are missing from the registry or a program keeping from drivers installing entries into the registry.

This is the oddest thing i ever seen. I removed Ntune and CP stops opening up.

I did 3 driver removals of Forcware and nothing.

Cream
08-23-07, 06:25 PM
As it happens I'm having a problem with the 100. Drivers, I can get to the basic controls via the task bar. e.g. resolution, FSAA level etc but the NVcontol panel will not come up when I right click on the desk top.

I agree with Mr Bigman the point of this forum is to try help each other and share problems, that are possibly easily fix if you look in the right direction. I'm not that bothered that I would go to the extent of a full format. I can't remember the last time I did or had to format my P.C.
so I would say conroejoe if you can't help or give advice why bother with the post at all. Just hope one day you don't have a problem you would like a little help in fixing.

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 07:22 PM
Im with you Cream on that one. Same thing here with CP as you.

I tried alot of stuff form uninstall to install of certain things like sound mouse.

Im starting to wonder if its to do with windows meida player or IE 7

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 08:31 PM
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t15746.html

I pulled this off of google and Nvidia.

It seems its something to do with a program or service installed.

Samsung's Magic Tune software is the problem but i don't have this installed.

So im thinking the engine used with this software could be in a piece of software on my system.

conroejoe
08-23-07, 08:35 PM
so I would say conroejoe if you can't help or give advice why bother with the post at all. Just hope one day you don't have a problem you would like a little help in fixing.

Thank you very much, but I troubleshoot my own problems. ;)

Slammin
08-23-07, 08:40 PM
Bigman, are you really BIG?

Well, anyways, one thing I've noticed regarding nTune and RivaTuner is that if you have ntune and rivatuner installed, but never run rivatuner, you can get to the performance options of ntune. However, once you run rivatuner and make any kind of performance or fan adjustment, the performance options under ntune vanish.

What am I trying to get at?

There ya go!

Some software interact in strange and unexpected ways.

And, I figured that out all by myself.

I need a cookie.

You need a half of cookie.

You get the other half after you quit claiming to 'fix' driver problems and realize what you are really fixing when you 'fix' something.

Point is, deal with it, or get a Mac. Blame-game is getting so old around here that nobody is tolerating it anymore.

edit:

I love Hot Woman Too!!

Mr Bigman
08-23-07, 09:02 PM
Slammin, yes im big, very big and sexy too. Point is, im posting things that ive researched on and found that yes there is a conflict somewhere.

This is a place where we share ideas and points to resolve something or someone.

I am hoping that the fish will bite here and someone goes i found the problem, its your, ???. just update your ???? and you will be fine, but no one has come up with ???? yet

Slammin
08-23-07, 09:20 PM
"Slammin, yes im big, very big and sexy too. Point is, im posting things that ive researched on and found that yes there is a conflict somewhere."

LOL, almost lost it there! :D :D

"This is a place where we share ideas and points to resolve something or someone."

I think you made a wrong turn somewhere! There are no people to resolve, and you've been given plenty of pointers on how to resolve your issue (I think?). Anyway, this is probably not the forum you meant to search for a solution to your issues.

anonova
08-23-07, 09:29 PM
Just to say, I still can't get the control panel to open either with the 100 series drivers. I never found a way to resolve this issue, so I've been with 94.24 for a while now.

Slammin
08-23-07, 10:04 PM
Just to say, I still can't get the control panel to open either with the 100 series drivers. I never found a way to resolve this issue, so I've been with 94.24 for a while now.

Reinstalling Windows seems to be a 100% fix.

But, just for the benefit of others, or me too, have you ever loaded a modded .if for installing your vid driver?

I really suspect this as an issue.

Granted, I don't do this anymore, but still am curious.

anonova
08-24-07, 03:01 PM
But, just for the benefit of others, or me too, have you ever loaded a modded .if for installing your vid driver?

I really suspect this as an issue.

Modded .inf you mean? No, I've always used the official releases.