PDA

View Full Version : Return of Bioshock on PS3 Rumors!

Pages : [1] 2 3

|MaguS|
08-21-07, 09:52 PM
Remember acouple months back when a website posted a screenshot of the PS3 version and was forced to remove it since it wasn't real? Or how some sites listed it as coming soon yet 2K stated it wasn't ever in development...

Well looks like the rumors are back, hey us PS3 owners need a never dying rumor aswell. :p

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/21/bioshock-demo-config-file-leaks-confirmation-of-a-ps3-version/

While poking around in some of the config files for the demo, an interesting entry was stumbled upon:

[Console]
;; Console (XBox360, PS3) specific settings

;; StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit:
;; If this is a positive number, then instead of using the fixed per-level
;; limits, the StreamingDynamic resource will use as much memory as is
;; available as long as the total memory allocated by the game is less than
;; the specified number. In other words, StreamingDynamic will grow and
;; shrink to fit to the available memory instead of being locked to a fixed
;; budget
StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit=500

The file is locate at C:\Program Files\2K Games\BioShock Demo\Content and is called ConfigINI.IBF for anybody who wants to verify this on their own computers (we've verified it on ours).

ENU291
08-21-07, 09:55 PM
I hope it does come out for the PS3. Bioshock is an awesome game.

NaitoSan
08-22-07, 12:06 AM
if they manage to enhance ps3 version with new content, etc. im buying it.

kev13dd
08-22-07, 12:57 AM
I'm all for X360 winning the console war, but Bioshock is a game that deserves a ton of sales to keep more games like it comming. If it takes PS3, so be it

Of course, it best run worse and look crummier :D

K

Marvel_us
08-22-07, 09:24 AM
Mouse+KB support please.:cool:

Lyme
08-22-07, 12:08 PM
That stuff was just left in there from the source patches to the Unreal Engine. Nothing to see here, move along.

toxikneedle
08-22-07, 12:57 PM
Not to mention bioshock runs on PCs so good that is there really a need for it on the PS3? Pretty much anyone and their grandma's can run bioshock on PC.

|MaguS|
08-22-07, 01:01 PM
Not to mention bioshock runs on PCs so good that is there really a need for it on the PS3? Pretty much anyone and their grandma's can run bioshock on PC.
Well except for six_storm...

toxikneedle
08-22-07, 01:49 PM
Well except for six_storm...
hehe well he doesnt have a PS3 either,...... does he? I bet the only way Bioshock is gonna come out on the PS3 is if it sells a billion copies. This reminds me of Oblivion.

|MaguS|
08-24-07, 04:44 PM
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/24/bioshock-dev-confirms-no-ps3-version/

Poo false alarm... left over code from the PS3 version prior to MS getting the exclusive. :(

Camp0rz
08-25-07, 02:45 AM
I heard that if you just keep putting your 360 disc into a ps3 the cell's AI will slowly learn how to play it.

Dreamingawake
08-25-07, 11:27 AM
I heard that if you just keep putting your 360 disc into a ps3 the cell's AI will slowly learn how to play it.

If that is true, I'm going to buy a Ps3 right now.

Lyme
08-25-07, 11:08 PM
If that is true, I'm going to buy a Ps3 right now.

It may take a while, the learning curve is pretty long. Just think of how long it took the cell to figure out you don't need to reconnect the controller after each update.

sgio2
08-28-07, 09:12 PM
BioShock will not be coming to PS3. This is coming directly from Ken Levine.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/24/levine-confirms-no-ps3-bioshock-and-does-mea-culpa-on-pc-issues/

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 09:16 PM
BioShock will not be coming to PS3. This is coming directly from Ken Levine.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/24/levine-confirms-no-ps3-bioshock-and-does-mea-culpa-on-pc-issues/
Good job ignoring my post.

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 04:53 PM
Bumping this old thread because the rumor is being revived by EGM. Recent issue claims that the game will release on the PS3 in Sept with all the DLC already included. They will also be announcing Bioshock 2 sometime soon aswell...

Again this is all according to EGM's Rumor section (which is hit or miss often).

nekrosoft13
04-25-08, 04:56 PM

cell can do anything :p

Peoples-Agent
04-25-08, 06:33 PM
I hope it never happens. To be honest, I hope a hybrid machine is made with 360 and PS3 inners... they both need to be owned.

Sorry folks, the one console to be their all.... isn't happening this time around.

Only thing I am certain of this year is balls to PC gaming, that can go bye bye atleast until 2010 when it will be worth bothering with again.

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 07:51 PM
Ooooh something else to add, Insted of shooting down the rumor with a "It's not happening" like they did in the past its now a "No Comment" to the rumor. :D

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869609p1.html

We contacted 2K Games for a statement on this new rumor and were told, "No comment."

Slash310
04-25-08, 07:56 PM
woohoo, most of the time no comment means the rumor is true :D if its true i will have bio on pc 360 and ps3 :D

Zelda_fan
04-25-08, 08:19 PM
Bumping this old thread because the rumor is being revived by EGM. Recent issue claims that the game will release on the PS3 in Sept with all the DLC already included. They will also be announcing Bioshock 2 sometime soon aswell...

Again this is all according to EGM's Rumor section (which is hit or miss often).

I'm too lazy to find the "you are a tool simile", but I wanted you to know I would have posted it if I actually gave a damn.

Lyme
04-25-08, 09:19 PM
Sweet!! The PS3 is getting a great game!! Nearly two years later than everyone else. Keep it up speedy.

|MaguS|
04-25-08, 09:23 PM
Sweet!! The PS3 is getting a great game!! Nearly two years later than everyone else. Keep it up speedy.
Is that bad? A good game coming to the PS3 is still a good game coming to the PS3. I already own it on the PC and have already completed but many other people haven't so this will help get the game out there more.

Ninja Prime
04-25-08, 09:25 PM

LOL you have to admit this was pretty good.

Lyme
04-25-08, 09:26 PM
Bad no, funny yes. Either way cross platform games are good for game developers. It improves the size of the market that they are playing in, and offers more revenue. I'm surprized more dedicated PS3 developers have not realized this yet.