PDA

View Full Version : BIOSHOCK = Worst Game Launch EVER

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

AngelGraves13
08-22-07, 03:20 AM
I've seen some terrible game launches in my day for great games.

Here's the list of worst game launches that I've been part of...

1) Bioshock - sound bugs (if you can get sound at all), securom bugs, crashes
2) Dark Messiah - crashes, video bugs, more and more crashes
3) Half-Life 2 - sound stutters and skips, and the immature steam(ing) pile of...

Let's hope the game support for Bioshock is like HL2 and NOT Dark Messiah, which is still pretty broken to this day.

Redeemed
08-22-07, 03:31 AM
I've seen some terrible game launches in my day.

Here's the list of worst game launches that I've been part of

1)Bioshock
2)Dark Messiah
3)Half-Life 2

:wtf:

How are any of those the worst?

Bokishi
08-22-07, 03:33 AM
I think he means in terms of technical issues

AthlonXP1800
08-22-07, 03:35 AM
If you dont like Bioshock, so sent it to me for free. :afro2:

AngelGraves13
08-22-07, 03:45 AM
Oh, I like bioshock! I just think the launch was terrible. Nothing but problems for many many people. I can't even get sound working in the game. I went out and bought a Sound Blaster Audigy and still no sound lol... Worst launch ever.

I at least had sound in Half-Life 2 at launch day...even if it did skip and stutter like hell.

Dark Messiah had its share of problems too, but I could still play it with working video and sound.

Hopefully 2K will fix this...I'm not sure how good their support is. If it is not fixed anytime soon, I'll probably never buy another one of their games again.

jAkUp
08-22-07, 03:59 AM
I dunno, for me BioShock was problem free as far as technical bugs go, one of the best in a while meaning that SLI is 100% supported out of the box.

Some of the worst launches I have seen, is probably Splinter Cell DA, or RS: Vegas. Maybe even Call of Juarez, I still cannot get half way decent performance to save my life.

AngelGraves13
08-22-07, 04:15 AM
I can't get sound in the game! I think that's a pretty serious bug.

Revs
08-22-07, 04:18 AM
No problems here either. I was amazed at how well this demo ran. I was even playing it on a mates 7600GT/P4 2.8 system last night and it was pretty good with the odd option turned down.

Unstable_Hero
08-22-07, 04:19 AM
so its the worst game launch in history? :P

Revs
08-22-07, 04:19 AM

Some have said turning EAX off solves this problem. I assume you've tried this?!?

seastar
08-22-07, 04:22 AM
I have a sound blaster xfi and my sound is great. Maybe it's an Audigy problem?

AngelGraves13
08-22-07, 04:51 AM
Some have said turning EAX off solves this problem. I assume you've tried this?!?

Yeah, among millions of other things.

madmossy
08-22-07, 05:02 AM
Personally I think its more of a Creative/Vista problem as a majority of people with sound issues seem to be using vista and audigy cards. X-fi Vista drivers while still pants are atleast reasonably new.

Mr. Hunt
08-22-07, 05:31 AM
When I got it I installed it and played it for 3 hours straight and had not one issue.

crainger
08-22-07, 07:06 AM
SC: DA and Vampire: Bloodlines. Both for me were near unplayable. Well SC:DA still is pretty unplayable on PC, Bloodlines while an awesome game couldn't even be completed until patched.

I had great success with launch day Half-Life 2. Although I did see a lot of people with the stutters, :(

nutcrackr
08-22-07, 07:09 AM
Bloodlines was atrocious, I regret buying that game new for full price. Had it have launched with the user made patches I would not have.

Eliminator
08-22-07, 07:11 AM
you missed GRAW/GRAW2.... SC: DA... those are far worse

I have a sound blaster xfi and my sound is great. Maybe it's an Audigy problem?
nope my audigy 2 zs was working great with eax on in vista

nekrosoft13
08-22-07, 07:31 AM
1) Bioshock - sound bugs (if you can get sound at all), securom bugs, crashes
BULL****, WORKS GREAT
2) Dark Messiah - crashes, video bugs, more and more crashes
BULL****, ALSO WORKS GREAT
3) Half-Life 2 - sound stutters and skips, and the immature steam(ing) pile
sound stutter is correct

Tygerwoody
08-22-07, 07:37 AM
so, because you don't know how to install a sound card properly, Bioshock has the "WoRSTS GmAE LAuNCH!?"???

evilghost
08-22-07, 07:59 AM
so, because you don't know how to install a sound card properly, Bioshock has the "WoRSTS GmAE LAuNCH!?"???

I think the OP is qualified to install a sound card, is it that unlikely that this is another manifestation of Vista's instability and Creative's continued development of worthless drivers and cards?

Even nekrosoft13's Vista is screwed up in regard to copying media from IEEE1394/USB devices.

Tygerwoody
08-22-07, 08:01 AM
noticed OP is using Vista 64 bit. Thats just asking for problems.

Reminds me of the thread of the Vista 64 bit fanboi losers telling me how stable the OS is. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with the game, its your OS. Install Vista as 32 bit version and you will be just fine.

DRen72
08-22-07, 08:03 AM
1)Bioshock
2)Dark Messiah
3)Half-Life 2

I've had no problems with any of these installs...especially sound related. Besides, why did you buy an Audigy recently instead of an X-Fi?

I think the worst PC game launch was Spinter Cell: Double Agent. It took several months before that finally played well enough. I also heard that Resident Evil 4 was crappy at launch, but I didnt' pick that one up.

Q
08-22-07, 08:04 AM

To be fair to the original poster, he isn't the only one experiencing sound problems with this game. There are quite a few in the official forum having this same problem. It might be a bit extreme to call it one of the worst launches ever, but I wouldn't dismiss the problem in its entirety.

You call BS on Dark Messiah??? Don't you remember that massive thread in this very forum with people complaining about problems? Graphical glitches, massive slow downs, and crashes were all prevalent problems at least for the first month plus. I haven't even tried it recently, but I also experienced the crashing and slow down issues.

And HL2 was a mess. :)

Tr1cK
08-22-07, 08:05 AM
The real question is why do we tolerate such crappy quality across the board?

Whether it's hardware or software we tolerate problems.

I think this may deserve it's own thread to discuss, where should I put it?

Tygerwoody
08-22-07, 08:10 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95561&page=2&highlight=Vista+fanboi
ahhh here is the thread where the idiot Vista fanboi's were telling me how stable their 64 bit OS is. :rolleyes:

I'd bet anything reinstalling the OS as the 32bit version would fix ALL his problems, for every game.