PDA

View Full Version : Can't change clock speeds any more

angst72
08-22-07, 05:34 AM
I've got a 8500 GT. I used to be able to overclock it in ntune, atitool or rivatuner with no problems at all.

The thing is: Recently I'm unable to change the clock speeds. It doesn't matter if I try ntune, rivatuner or ATItool - the clock speeds are stuck. In ntune it says clock speed: 0 MHz. In rivatuner I get clock speed: N/A.

I'm using latest Bioshock drivers, but the problem appeared before changing to the newest drivers.

Can anybody help me out please - I'm really getting frustrated here.

angst72
08-26-07, 01:49 PM
No ideas? I've still got the problem - but sometimes when I boot up I can change the speeds. The thing is - it changes back to default clock speeds after one minute. Time for a new card?

3DBrad
08-26-07, 02:06 PM
Have you disabled the enforcement of driver signing?

Hit F8 on Boot and choose to disable, it was something with one of those Vista "udpates" that now kills Rivatuner's (and others I'm assuming) effectiveness in OCing unless you disable it (you have to every time you boot your PC).

angst72
08-27-07, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I hadn't tried this (I'd read that unsigned drivers was a Vista64 problem and I'm running x86). I tried disabling it upon booting and am sorry to say that it didn't help at all.

Any other ideas?

DRen72
08-27-07, 12:15 PM
http://www.gainward.net/support/XPRT_50.zip

Zapablast05
08-27-07, 12:17 PM
I had this problem before. I decided to format because I was too lazy to research a solution ;).

angst72
08-28-07, 02:40 AM
I had this problem before. I decided to format because I was too lazy to research a solution ;).

And it resolved the problem? I think I'm going down the same route as you tonight. It's just that's it's a big pain to reinstall all games etc...:headexplode:

EDIT - That did it! Complete reinstall of Vista. Now to reinstall all games...