PDA

View Full Version : What is the differnce among driver series?

MarkGreiner
08-22-07, 11:47 AM
I have an ASUS EN8800GTX running in Vista 32. I am currently using the 158.28 driver Things are good.

What I don't understand is the difference among the various driver series. ASUS posts 168.XX, 158.XX, and 100.XX drivers on its website. The 100.XX drivers have not been updated since Feb '07, but the 168.XX and 158.XX drivers have been updated a few times since then, usaully within a day or so of the other? What is the difference, which is the better (more stable) one to use.

Thanks

andy_nv
08-22-07, 12:45 PM
Use nvidia drivers, manufacturer's drivers are just relabeled nvidia drivers that show you have an Asus card. Unless they happen to leak new drivers before someone else or before nvidia posts them, but you should know when by following the forums.

One reason to use manufacturer's drivers can be that some hardware monitoring/overclocking tools from said manufacturer won't work without them.
(I don't know if that's the case anymore)

nekrosoft13
08-22-07, 01:23 PM
I have an ASUS EN8800GTX running in Vista 32. I am currently using the 158.28 driver Things are good.

What I don't understand is the difference among the various driver series. ASUS posts 168.XX, 158.XX, and 100.XX drivers on its website. The 100.XX drivers have not been updated since Feb '07, but the 168.XX and 158.XX drivers have been updated a few times since then, usaully within a day or so of the other? What is the difference, which is the better (more stable) one to use.

Thanks

asus has mistakes on their site, there is no 168.xx drivers.

just go to nvidia.com and get the latest driver straight from the source. currently the latest is 163.44