PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Prologue GC video

Marvel_us
08-22-07, 01:12 PM
Some info:

GT5 Prologue will allow up to 16 players to race against each other online. It will be 1080p, and have 50 cars and five tracks.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21453_gc-video-gran-turismo-5-prologue.html

Tr1cK
08-22-07, 01:43 PM
I love GT series and would gladly buy a PS3 just for it as I did with GT3 and the PS2. However, I won't if they still include the pain-in-my-ass known as licensing. I just want to race, not get a ****in degree. I have did the licensing in every GT and refuse to do it anymore.

H3avyM3tal
08-22-07, 01:48 PM
I love GT series and would gladly buy a PS3 just for it as I did with GT3 and the PS2. However, I won't if they still include the pain-in-my-ass known as licensing. I just want to race, not get a ****in degree. I have did the licensing in every GT and refuse to do it anymore.

Why? Its a great challenge. Actually, its about one of the fewest GT has.
I say leave it in, as racing the AI was never hard!!!

MustangSVT
08-22-07, 02:39 PM
Why? Its a great challenge. Actually, its about one of the fewest GT has.
I say leave it in, as racing the AI was never hard!!!
That's the problem. I still play GT4 nowadays, but basically only time trial / practice.

The AI is horrible and it has no online. That's why I appreciate Forza so much since it did have decent AI and online multiplayer.

By the way, the online in Forza 2, it's pretty good. It's not the greatest thing ever, I've had better online experience with Live For Speed. However, it does add to the replayability of the game and makes you try out new cars to tune so you can get better, and tune the cars and all, so it's a good aspect to make the game have replayability. Hopefully, Gran Turismo 5 will follow this pattern.

H3avyM3tal
08-22-07, 03:08 PM
That's the problem. I still play GT4 nowadays, but basically only time trial / practice.

The AI is horrible and it has no online. That's why I appreciate Forza so much since it did have decent AI and online multiplayer.

By the way, the online in Forza 2, it's pretty good. It's not the greatest thing ever, I've had better online experience with Live For Speed. However, it does add to the replayability of the game and makes you try out new cars to tune so you can get better, and tune the cars and all, so it's a good aspect to make the game have replayability. Hopefully, Gran Turismo 5 will follow this pattern.

Even though the AI sucks in GT, I still play normal races in GT. Its like time trial, but with more cars. Still the best experience I had in any racing game.

Bman212121
08-22-07, 08:36 PM

Did you ever get GT4? You could take your progress from GT3 and import it into GT4, which allowed you to get out of some of the license tests. I like the tests as it shows you how to actually drive a car, but they can be a pain. You can learn so much from those tests as it breaks down each piece of the track and helps you learn how to properly drive it.

Tr1cK
08-23-07, 07:54 AM
Did you ever get GT4? You could take your progress from GT3 and import it into GT4, which allowed you to get out of some of the license tests. I like the tests as it shows you how to actually drive a car, but they can be a pain. You can learn so much from those tests as it breaks down each piece of the track and helps you learn how to properly drive it.
Yes, I have it. I seriously doubt that you will be able to do that with GT5 though, being a new platform and all. Like GT2 to GT3 you couldn't.

Marvel_us
08-24-07, 01:35 PM
Video Presentation of GT5: Pro by Kazunori Yamauchi. December can't come fast enough!

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21522_gc-demo-de-gt5-prologue.html

EDIT: 200k polys per car, whoa...

Bman212121
08-25-07, 01:40 AM
Yes, I have it. I seriously doubt that you will be able to do that with GT5 though, being a new platform and all. Like GT2 to GT3 you couldn't.

It's hard to say. I never did own GT2, but as far as I know that couldn't be done between GT and GT2, so it might have just been a new idea brought forward when 4 came out. You'd probably know better than I would though.

Bad_Boy
08-25-07, 04:46 AM
amazing interior...
http://i16.tinypic.com/68074ts.jpg

also, based off that video, AI is being reworked and online will be a big focus. so chill guys. :cool: