PDA

View Full Version : Not is DNF is ...........................................STALKER 1.004 patch!!

Jonelo
08-22-07, 05:13 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/180142/180000/fileinfo/STALKER:-Shadow-of-Chernobyl-Patch-1.0004-%5BWorldWide%5D

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=45396&mode=thread&order=0

CaptNKILL
08-22-07, 05:14 PM
What? :lol:

methimpikehoses
08-22-07, 05:15 PM
LOL, nice thread title Jon :headexplode: .

Finally teh patch!

CaptNKILL
08-22-07, 05:26 PM
Damn... there is a very noticeable speed increase with this patch.

Some CPU heavy areas (like the entire area around the Bar) run much better now.

It works good too. It installed and my save loaded with no problems.

Nice job GSC. You guys may not be the speediest patchers in the world, but you're really whipping this game into shape. Keep it up. :p

esir
08-22-07, 05:28 PM

Jonelo
08-22-07, 05:36 PM
It solves 20 bugs in the single player. Improves the tones? - is the spanish translation - in the render ,and the framerate about 10-15 % . And some support for the dual core.

esir
08-22-07, 05:39 PM
Cool :)
Changelog for patch 1.0004:
Optimization:
1. Calculation of detail objects has been moved into a second CPU thread.
2. Optimization + 10-15% FPSBR]
3. Shader optimization.

MP features:
1. Standalone dedicated server.
2. Remote control for the dedicated server.
3. Max ping disconnect option.
4. Self-optimizing packer for net packets. Gains better ping and traffic reduced by 50-100%.
5. Filters for server list do not get discarded.
6. Viewing available maps without disconnecting from the game.
7. Artifact counter does not show up in statistics.BR] 8. The list of players does not get reset to the beginning when trying to scroll it. Now it is easy to vote for banning or kicking a player.
9. Corrected a few errors in determination of the cause of death.
10. Exploded grenades are not left behind in the place of the explosion.
11. Corrected activation of artifacts and the algorithm of action of the anomalous zone spawned from it.

MP crash fix:
1. Fixed the currently known crashes.

MP SDK:
1. The user can create the resource file with the mod for release with a single click of a button.
2. Mods can be installed onto the retail version by simply copying the resource file.

SP fixes:
1. Error with the first shot from the barrel-mounted grenade launcher. The grenade is not lost on the first shot.
2. Fixed weapons disappearing from hands after prolonged movement in crouched position.
3. Fixed crash when the player approaches someone from the Monolith's gulag.
4. Fixed Voronin's missin for elimination of a bandit.
5. Fixed random missions at the wild territories.
6. Fixed the random mission of bandit elimination at Cordone.
7. Fixed the barman's random mission of getting rid of snorks in the dark valley.
8. Fixed the error of the random mission of defending a camp when moving to another location or saving/loading.
9. Fixed the random mission of killing mutants when a pseudodog is among them.
10. Fixed the random mission of killing mutants.
11. Fixed random missions with raiding character gulags.
12. Fixed the variety of goods at the bar and at Petrenko's after completing a random mission.
13. The wounded run away from grenades.
14. Zombies at Yantar run away from grenades.
15. Fixed the patrol path at Yantar, which looked like random crashing.
16. Fixed the patrol path at Agroprom, which looked like random crashing.
17. Fixed the mission with destroying Dolg's squad in the village at army warehouse.
18. Fixed the error at Radar, which led to completing the mission of turning of the radar without carrying out the objectives.
19. Fixed the error with repeated scene of Dolg's ambush at the army warehouse level.
20. Fixed the error with the camera flyover at Pripjat'.
21. Fixed the error with Bess, because of which he could not be cured.

CaptNKILL
08-22-07, 05:40 PM
EDIT: Damn, we posted the change log at the same time. :p

methimpikehoses
08-22-07, 05:41 PM
Shoot, might have to reinstall this one.

nutcrackr
08-22-07, 06:04 PM
10-15% fps improvement sounds pretty nice

stncttr908
08-22-07, 06:07 PM
I think I'll wait on Bioshock a bit and finish this. :D

malachi1313
08-22-07, 06:17 PM
Doesn't work with my us version!! WTF???

Jonelo
08-22-07, 06:33 PM
Is Worldwide patch , international ;)

fizix
08-22-07, 07:16 PM
All I can say is.... wow. It seems like my performance has increased tenfold. All settings maxxed, 1440x900, full dynamic ligthing, wow... constant 85+ FPS in areas where I'd be at 30-45 consistently. This just goes to show how important game optimization is. I firmly believe that if the game was originally released with these optimizations/fixes, THQ would've sold countless more copies.

m3dude
08-22-07, 07:22 PM
this patch kills grass shadows? not working for me

nekrosoft13
08-22-07, 07:29 PM
will float (sp?) still work??

weeds
08-22-07, 07:45 PM
I mirrored the U.S and WW patches here.

http://hosted.filefront.com/weeds123/

baden
08-22-07, 10:35 PM

not working for me either. :(

Dual Core Joe
08-22-07, 10:54 PM
Yes but is the damn thing more accurate? It just isnt that fun to play when you cant hit anybody.... And it isnt me either. Ive never had this kind of problem with any other FPS before......

CaptNKILL
08-23-07, 06:36 AM
Yes but is the damn thing more accurate? It just isnt that fun to play when you cant hit anybody.... And it isnt me either. Ive never had this kind of problem with any other FPS before......
How far are you?

Until you get your first 5.56mm rifle the weapons are pretty inaccurate.

esir
08-23-07, 06:21 PM

same here but only after the installing the float32 :(
any solution for this??

breathemetal
08-23-07, 06:34 PM
WOOT! Downloading now!

rflair
08-23-07, 07:42 PM

It may be because the game is more accurate then most, I actually like the bullet trajectory modelling in this game. Most other FPS bullets fire from weapons like their on laser guide. Its the one thing I like about Day Of Defeat:Source the guns fire more realistically.

CDE_1246
08-23-07, 11:22 PM
Still runs like **** for me. I still have to stick with static lighting for it to run smooth and not lag.

LORD-eX-Bu
08-24-07, 02:31 PM
thats because your pc is ancient.

Even with the upgrades you are planning it still will not run very smooth. You should be running a minimum of 2gb of ram.

I would suggest going with a Core 2 Duo cpu and a intel 965 chipset based mobo... they are really cheap nowadays. That way the game will run alot better man :thumbsup: