PDA

View Full Version : Corruption in some games with new 163.44 drivers

TheSmJ
08-23-07, 03:05 AM
Since I installed these drivers (for Bioshock) I've been having an image corruption issue in some games. It seems to occur only after running the game(s) a few times. Eventually bad corruption begins to effect everything from within the game (including videos, such as "The Way it's Meant to be Played" NVIDIA product video at the beginning of the Bioshock demo) and other apps such as 3DMark 06. World of Warcraft does not have this issue at all, even after the corruption has started.

The problem rights itself after rebooting the machine, and stays corrected until one of the problem applications is run enough times.

I tried to take a screenshot of the problem, but the screenshots show nothing wrong. I can only capture an image of the error with a digi cam.

http://thesmj.no-ip.org:91/error.jpg

Any ideas?

AthlonXP1800
08-23-07, 03:17 AM
Is your GPU overclocked?

TheSmJ
08-23-07, 06:32 AM
Nope. Stock speeds all around.

DRen72
08-23-07, 08:31 AM
Typically if you see corruption on the screen, but it does not show up when you "Print Screen", then its a display issue with the monitor. Granted, the driver is probably causing the corruption with your display due to some conflict or timing issue, but its not directly the drivers fault. My suggestion would be to try alternate timing modes. RivaTuner has those settings.