PDA

View Full Version : Play TV on the PS3 !!! Another WOW!

PeterJensen
08-23-07, 07:02 AM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/play-tv-on-ps3-explained-292541.php

:headexplode: :headexplode:

Mr. Hunt
08-23-07, 07:21 AM
It is awesome that you can watch the Live TV stuff while using remote play on the PSP... nice.

tornadog
08-23-07, 09:25 AM
"However, a follow up announcement from SCEA reveals that neither will be available in the U.S. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Executive VP Phil Harrison explains why.

Harrison explains that the services aren't available because the tech that makes the services possible for other areas aren't available in the U.S. yet. Terrestrial Television, which makes it possible for Japan's 1seg tuner to pick up TV signals on the PSP, is currently only available in San Diego which isn't enough for Sony to make a nationwide effort. This scratches off PlayTV for the PS3 in the U.S."

Mr. Hunt
08-23-07, 09:35 AM
Way to poop on my parade :(.

Bman212121
08-23-07, 10:25 AM
Hmm, looks pretty cool. It actually made me more interested in the remote play features of the PSP. So is it possible to playback a movie clip now from a PS3 to a PSP?

Mr. Hunt
08-23-07, 10:34 AM
Hmm, looks pretty cool. It actually made me more interested in the remote play features of the PSP. So is it possible to playback a movie clip now from a PS3 to a PSP?

Yup... can do pretty much do anything on the PSP using remote play besides playing a disc (game or movie).

Lyme
08-23-07, 12:33 PM
Way to poop on my parade :(.

Phil is avoiding the real reason, cable companies in the USA are forcing everyone that picks up HD over the air to use cable card. In addition you need a cable tech to come out and physically insert the cable card into your dvr or cable box.
Simply because all the american networks are scared that OMG they are going to steal our signals!

So it isn't quite the truth, but it isn't Sony's fault either.

|MaguS|
08-23-07, 12:35 PM
So it isn't quite the truth, but it isn't Sony's fault either.

Im sure someone will find a reason to blame Sony...

Lyme
08-23-07, 12:41 PM
Im sure someone will find a reason to blame Sony...

I was tempted. :)