PDA

View Full Version : Just discover something new today--STALKER

Napoleon_Kane
08-23-07, 10:19 AM
I don't know if anyone already know this, that is, if you store something inside a box(for example, the box inside the bar in the Duty Base.) ,everything will be gone, so next time I would prefer just drop something on the ground because your weapons or items will not disappear in this way, now, I lost my nice Mp5, IL86, Shotgun, a merc. armor, 10 nada, 4 artifact and lots of ammo. :thumbdwn:

DRen72
08-23-07, 10:25 AM
Yeah...actually it depends on the location. I usually stashed stuff in areas off the path that I would find and my stuff would keep. As you noticed too, if you store it in places where others are likely to get to it, then it will be gone shortly.

SH64
08-23-07, 10:30 AM
Your stuff have been stolen dude!

Crow_Nest
08-23-07, 10:38 AM
yeah your stuff can get stolen, just like how you can steal other people's stuff in their stash. The best place to stash your stuff are in the main key areas of the game. Such as the stash in the bar and the one in the 1st trader in cordon. I never leave my stuff in any other stash outside these safe zones.

|MaguS|
08-23-07, 11:11 AM
I thought it was due to the engine, not that it was getting "stolen". I remember that the way the engien handles the areas that once its dumped from memory it would poof. Like how Oblivion handled cell respawns.

SOAD
08-23-07, 11:57 AM
I don't know if anyone already know this, that is, if you store something inside a box(for example, the box inside the bar in the Duty Base.) ,everything will be gone, so next time I would prefer just drop something on the ground because your weapons or items will not disappear in this way, now, I lost my nice Mp5, IL86, Shotgun, a merc. armor, 10 nada, 4 artifact and lots of ammo. :thumbdwn:

Oh noes!

that is teh suxxors.

:D

:p

thats bad luck man :thumbdwn:

Napoleon_Kane
08-23-07, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the information, now I should found a better place to store my items, for example, the X-18 LAB, haha, just joking, I myself quite hate that creepy place, who knows there maybe still hiding some nasty creatures. :p

WeReWoLf
08-23-07, 03:50 PM
I thought it was due to the engine, not that it was getting "stolen". I remember that the way the engien handles the areas that once its dumped from memory it would poof. Like how Oblivion handled cell respawns.

Nah, i've actually seen guys raiding my stashes. When i killed em, they were carrying some of the stuff i'd stashed.

CaptNKILL
08-23-07, 06:31 PM
I don't think I've ever had this problem.

I stashed things near the beginning of the game and they are still there.

nVJoe
08-23-07, 06:33 PM
Your stuff have been stolen dude!
All your lootz are belong to us.

BTW, is this game really that good? I might have to pick it up.

SH64
08-23-07, 06:34 PM
I don't think I've ever had this problem.

I stashed things near the beginning of the game and they are still there.
Prolly what you stashed was not worthy ?

SH64
08-23-07, 06:36 PM
All your lootz are belong to us.

BTW, is this game really that good? I might have to pick it up.
Yes its worth every penny assuming you have a high-end machine.
the new patch improves performance too! so its a good timing if you get it now.

actually i'm going to replay it again now patch 1.004 is out :)

CaptNKILL
08-23-07, 07:25 PM
Prolly what you stashed was not worthy ?

I have a huge stash of weapons, ammo, food and armor in the warehouse at the garbage. I usually swap out some guns there if I need to do anything in that area, so I don't waste my good ammo (and wear out my good guns) fighting weak enemies.

That stash has been there for a really long time and I've never noticed anything missing.