PDA

View Full Version : How to change TV out mode with nview??

meglamanaic
04-06-03, 06:52 AM
I'm trying to fix a problem my mate is having with his TV out on his GeForce4 Ti4200, using the latest drivers (although this problem occurs with all of them, believe me we've tried).
He has a cable that goes from the svideo output on the back of the card to a scart plug, as this is the only input on the TV (it's quite old).
The image allways comes up in black and white. Now with my GeForce3 there was, somewhere in the drivers, an option to change the output mode from s-video to composite (also known as RCA) which fixes the problem. Can we find the thing now? Can we hell!

If we download TVTool 7 the option is there in TVTool and works perfectly, but he's not prepared to pay for TVTool (the trial cuts out after 15 mins or something) when the drivers should be providing him with a way to do this (which I agree with).

Is there any way to do it? If nvidia have, for reasons best known to themselves, hidden the option then does anyone know where to find it in the registry (bearing in mind he's running XP)?

This is such an insanely simple problem I can't believe they don't support it.

Thanks.

Arturo Bandini
04-06-03, 11:32 AM
I'm having the same problems with my Ti4200. I've been playing with the following versions with no luck:

30.82, 40.41, 40.72, 43.45, 42.70, 41.04 and 42.01

There is no option to choose between s-video and composite for tv-out. Why?

I have spanish XP + SP1 if that matters.

Nutty
04-06-03, 01:07 PM
There is options to choose the TV format and between S-video and composite in the TV section of the options.

Cant quite remember how to get there, but they're definitly there.

I have an S-Video lead going into a scart socket also, and using composite mode gave much better picture quality. I think my TVs too old to use a proper S-video signal or somat..

meglamanaic
04-06-03, 01:33 PM
Well I sure as hell ain't seeing it, and I've looked in god knows how many drivers for it now.

:(

Arturo Bandini
04-06-03, 02:11 PM
Sure, the problem isn't we don't know how to change the tv-out option, the problem is that there is no option to change! Attached is a capture of the relevant window.

Note that I've been able to activate composite tv-out under Linux with no problems at all.

Nutty
04-06-03, 04:18 PM
All the options work fine for me. :confused:

meglamanaic
04-06-03, 05:10 PM
I just tried it on my GeForce 3, and guess what - same problem!
This is so annoying - why can't nVidia provide consistent drivers?
I'm starting to like ATI more and more - looks like my next card will be a 9700 Pro at this rate, especially given the windtunnel strapped to the FX...

:(

jolle
04-21-03, 07:00 AM
CAn anyone tell me why there is no support
for changing the image format like TV tool can?
Desktop and fullscreen to avoid the black edges
on he TV out picture?

Is it really that hard for Nvidia to add this to
their drivers?