PDA

View Full Version : Raven Shield

Smokey
04-06-03, 08:42 AM
My copy of RavenShield finally arrived the other day, and all I can say is WOW. As my pc at the moment isnt the best, Im just sticking to playing CoOp, which I dont mind, as coop just rocks. Havent taken many screenshots yet, been too busy playing, but I just had to stop and take a ss on this map last night and you will see why ;)

This is in coop, my mate beside me, and his team AI backup in the front, this is what settings im using to play with at the moment, all details max including shadows on all models, inclucding my own from FP view :) Let me know what you think :cool:

http://members.fortunecity.com/thesmokey/Penthouse_04-06-2003_000.jpg

jAkUp
04-06-03, 04:06 PM
i have the demo of that game and i really like it... reminds me a little of cs... but much better imo. i like the style and speed of the multiplayer demo. i really want to pick it up soon...

Head_slinger
04-06-03, 04:44 PM
That sounds really cool being able to play Co-op with a m8. I like stuff like that, pretty cool. If only i had a m8 :rolleyes:

deejaya
04-06-03, 08:19 PM
Yeah this game is great. Think I'm going to have to upgrade my GF3 to play best with it though.

BTW jAkUp, rumour has it the retail is slower than the demo. There's some other small changes too. I never played the demo but I do think this game is worth buying. I think you can change gamespeed with a console command but only single player (or on your own server).

Smokey
04-06-03, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by deejaya
Yeah this game is great. Think I'm going to have to upgrade my GF3 to play best with it though.

BTW jAkUp, rumour has it the retail is slower than the demo. There's some other small changes too. I never played the demo but I do think this game is worth buying. I think you can change gamespeed with a console command but only single player (or on your own server).

That screenshot I posted was taken running on the pc in my sig :)

I always do well in MP coop too, sure it get a little slow at times, but I am suprised I can play on my system with everything on max settings, thats graphics and audio @1024*768. Thats not a typo in my sig, Im running a Duron 600 overclocked to 900 :p

*edit*
I would just like to add also, that I havent had any lagg yet either on servers with a 200 ping or less with upto 8 ppl. Ive just finished playing on a server in Canada, Im in France, ping was around 180, 8 ppl plus 20 AI tangos and I never had any lagg :cool:

Tactics
04-07-03, 03:43 PM
yea the game is awesome and plays real nice on my system with my old GF2 1024x768 32 bit with some options set to medium.

Terrorist hunt is fun too. The AI is smart and quick. Not like the other series where it got boring at times.

:cool:

LORD-eX-Bu
04-07-03, 07:44 PM
ok, been playing this game, all settings max, runs perfect, eh, only prob is that I suck :lol:

Smokey
04-07-03, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
ok, been playing this game, all settings max, runs perfect, eh, only prob is that I suck :lol:

Hehehe you should play on some coop servers, mainly because every coop server I have played on, almost everyone finds it hard, so people do try to work together a bit more.

Oh and if anyone is playing, keep a look out for me under the user name TSD.Smokey :)

LORD-eX-Bu
04-08-03, 07:26 PM
ok, single player, playing elite, got to mission 5, with all my good operators dead or incapacitated, I have a few left but using mostly backups now :lol:

I restarted the campaign, at shipyard level now with only 2 operatives incapacitated, when they are incapacitated, they don't come back ever do they? man I suck :lol:

LORD-eX-Bu
04-09-03, 02:29 AM
ok, my teams seem to do better when they are armed with the 7.62mm FAL assault rifle. Eh, for the snipers I just slap on the scope and it is a pretty good sniper rifle on single shot. For the rest of the teams I just give them the aimpoint mini-scope errr or the silencer.

Handgun, nothing less than the Desert Eagle AE .50 cal :D

At least they have a fighting chance now:lol:

I don't use mp5 now, don't really see a need for submachineguns haha, I'm good with my assault rifle, great all around weapon for this game;)

Wish somebody would fix the M4 tho.

vampireuk
04-09-03, 06:07 AM
Hmm me thinks I have to get this game:)

deejaya
04-10-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
That screenshot I posted was taken running on the pc in my sig :)

I always do well in MP coop too, sure it get a little slow at times, but I am suprised I can play on my system with everything on max settings, thats graphics and audio @1024*768. Thats not a typo in my sig, Im running a Duron 600 overclocked to 900 :p

*edit*
I would just like to add also, that I havent had any lagg yet either on servers with a 200 ping or less with upto 8 ppl. Ive just finished playing on a server in Canada, Im in France, ping was around 180, 8 ppl plus 20 AI tangos and I never had any lagg :cool:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I play at 1032x768x32, with everything on max. I've even tweaked it so vsync and stuff is forced off, and bigger cache. I generally get 60fps, but with a couple of nades and guns firing and people moving around it drops. I've run into a couple of firefights and the graphics lag has gotten me killed. :(

Not good. The last game that made me upgrade was Medal of Honor when I had my GF2 MX. As soon as I upgraded I was getting 45fps minimum at all times, usually 60-70. I was going to buy a 5800 but I think I'll save my cash and just go for a 4400 or something similar for now to see me over until NV35 appears. If we start playing any clan matches in this game I would be majorly p!ssed off if I died due to my graphics card.

BTW I have a Ti200 (OC) with a XP1600+.

Smokey
04-10-03, 11:08 AM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I play at 1032x768x32, with everything on max. I've even tweaked it so vsync and stuff is forced off, and bigger cache. I generally get 60fps, but with a couple of nades and guns firing and people moving around it drops. I've run into a couple of firefights and the graphics lag has gotten me killed. :(

Not good. The last game that made me upgrade was Medal of Honor when I had my GF2 MX. As soon as I upgraded I was getting 45fps minimum at all times, usually 60-70. I was going to buy a 5800 but I think I'll save my cash and just go for a 4400 or something similar for now to see me over until NV35 appears. If we start playing any clan matches in this game I would be majorly p!ssed off if I died due to my graphics card.

BTW I have a Ti200 (OC) with a XP1600+.

OMG im playing here at around 30fps or less most times :p Its the Unreal engine, very cpu dependent! I have everything on MAX, but have now turned off all shadows, mainly because I get a bug which degrades my fps then crashes my pc.

LORD-eX-Bu
04-10-03, 06:38 PM
mines runs perfect :lol:

deejaya
04-10-03, 07:16 PM
http://www.ping*****.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1578

That's a pretty good tweak guide for this game, most of the information can be found elsewhere due to the engine being common, but it's worth changing some stuff, in my case especially the v-synch and cache. Made it run a lot better for me (but I still need to buy a 4400 :D)

BTW Smokey how did you kill your 1800+?

EDIT: It didn't like the domain name, try this (http://www.ping*****.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1578) :afro:

EDIT2: Ok, ***** rhymes with door and is a commonly used name for a prostitute. :afro2:

Smokey
04-10-03, 07:58 PM
http://www.ping*****.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1578

That's a pretty good tweak guide for this game, most of the information can be found elsewhere due to the engine being common, but it's worth changing some stuff, in my case especially the v-synch and cache. Made it run a lot better for me (but I still need to buy a 4400 :D)

BTW Smokey how did you kill your 1800+?

EDIT: It didn't like the domain name, try this (http://www.ping*****.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1578) :afro:

EDIT2: Ok, ***** rhymes with door and is a commonly used name for a prostitute. :afro2:

How did I kill my 1800+ I was an @ss and tried to do something without the right tools for the job, I wanted more more more and I was having a hell of a time trying to unlock it, then I read about this wire trick! So I gave it a go, didnt work, and Im pretty sure that is was because of that that it died, even if it was a couple of months after. I learnt my lesson, never **** with your processor if you dont have the right stuff and are not 100% sure about what you are doing :p

BTW, yes I tweaked Raven also, cache, vsync etc ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
04-10-03, 08:01 PM
smokey, why don't you buy a new one? they are only like $40USD on the net. If you find one that ships internationally, or if you get one from ebay you can be up and running once more for very low price:D

Smokey
04-11-03, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
smokey, why don't you buy a new one? they are only like $40USD on the net. If you find one that ships internationally, or if you get one from ebay you can be up and running once more for very low price:D

Because I asked my parents to buy me a new one for Christmas/birthday, after my mum told me how much she was going to spend, I made a new list and they will give me the money when they are here on holiday in about 3 weeks.

Im getting an AthlonXP2800+ (Barton) 768mb Corsair XMS3500 :afro: Thanks for the thought anyways mate, I bought this Duron600 on the cheap to get me out of a pickle, glad she overclocks ok ;)

stncttr908
04-11-03, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Because I asked my parents to buy me a new one for Christmas/birthday, after my mum told me how much she was going to spend, I made a new list and they will give me the money when they are here on holiday in about 3 weeks.

Im getting an AthlonXP2800+ (Barton) 768mb Corsair XMS3500 :afro: Thanks for the thought anyways mate, I bought this Duron600 on the cheap to get me out of a pickle, glad she overclocks ok ;)
What about an nforce2 board and 2x256 instead of 768? :D

Smokey
04-11-03, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
What about an nforce2 board and 2x256 instead of 768? :D

Becasue the board I have now is fantastic, thats why :p even still 768mb is better than 512 (2x256) on the nforce ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
04-11-03, 01:18 PM
wow, that rig is gonna rock!:eek:

you better not wait too long on the mem tho, prices are rock bottom right now, who knows how long they will stay that way. I am going for PC3700 myself:D