PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Update Released

Pages : [1] 2 3

hell_of_doom227
08-24-07, 11:47 PM
If you have a game over Steam you will receive an update for the game. Not sure what's done.

WeReWoLf
08-25-07, 12:20 AM
Probably updated the Securom to 5.

Madpistol
08-25-07, 12:23 AM
Now all they have to do is fix the other 50 bugs in the code, and we'll be good to go. :headexplode:

WeReWoLf
08-25-07, 12:24 AM
What bugs? lol

wrathofgod
08-25-07, 01:02 AM
What bugs? lol

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't had any problems with this game. Running & looking great on my end. :)

nopp0x00
08-25-07, 01:17 AM
Now all they have to do is fix the other 50 bugs in the code, and we'll be good to go. :headexplode:

50 bugs? You're full of ****.

I'm running the game, have had no crashes, and am enjoying it immensely. I'm using the Steam version, btw. I'm also running an overclocked processor.

I guess learning how to build a stable setup goes a long way to playing games without problems (or a minimum of them).

Rytr
08-25-07, 01:26 AM
Finally got around to loading the retail copy today. I let it automatically load a patch. Guess I should have checked it cause it was a good size patch. Played through several hours with no problems.

Madpistol
08-25-07, 01:34 AM
50 bugs? You're full of ****.

I'm running the game, have had no crashes, and am enjoying it immensely. I'm using the Steam version, btw. I'm also running an overclocked processor.

I guess learning how to build a stable setup goes a long way to playing games without problems (or a minimum of them).

have you been on the steam forums lately? There are something like 10 pages of threads of people bitching about how poorly the game was made and the "no sound" issue, and widescreen errors... fortunately for me, all I'm getting is a sound stuttering issue, which is rather annoying, but according to some people on another forum, it can be fixed by a simple reinstall and update of my X-fi drivers. We'll see if this works.

BTW, I'm enjoying the game immensely too. I'm not putting down the game at all. It's very innovative, and extremely fun.

brownstone
08-25-07, 01:57 AM
I played the whole of graw2 in software audio mode / medium quality, at initial release,and I certainly wasn't the only one. Not sure if a patch came out yet to fix that issue lol.

brownstone
08-25-07, 01:59 AM
I played the whole of graw2 in software audio mode / medium quality, at initial release,and I certainly wasn't the only one. Not sure if a patch came out yet to fix that issue lol. I know it sucks.

Bioshock has been running well though. Sound is good. Couple of black textures on the first map at one point and thats it really.

hell_of_doom227
08-25-07, 02:21 AM
The game works great here with full details, DX10 on. I need a fix to make AA to work with a game. 2xAA would do enough :)

Riplayne
08-25-07, 03:27 AM
Game works great here as well, using steam version.

ASUSEN7900GTX
08-25-07, 05:37 AM
so where can this patch be downloaded?

yeah forgot i can always google it :)

well i havenīt installed it yet, havenīt decided if i should break the seal in wich my LE came (plastic wrapping) then again i canīt play it unless i do hehe

ATI_Dude
08-25-07, 09:05 AM
What bugs? lol

The sound system is broken. There's currently no way to get proper 3D sound over headphones with any soundcard, not even a Creative X-Fi. There's no headphones option in the sound settings menu and 3D positioning isn't right if you select any of the available options (i.e. stereo, surround, Quad, 5.1 etc.). Some sounds are positioned correctly while others come from the wrong direction. I've investigated this issue and it seems Take 2 simply ported the Xbox 360 sound system to PC implemented through a crappy OpenAL wrapper by FMOD. Hopefully the developer will introduce a proper OpenAL implementation in a future patch.

|MaguS|
08-25-07, 09:12 AM
There is no update for the game... only DX files.

Jonelo
08-25-07, 09:15 AM
Probably updated the Securom to 5.

:rolleyes: .

Madpistol
08-25-07, 10:40 AM
I reinstalled the game last night and updated my sound drivers. The sound stuttering issue is gone! :D

Guess I can't complain about this game anymore. Everything works pefectly. :p

$n][pErMan
08-25-07, 01:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't had any problems with this game. Running & looking great on my end. :)
Most people with bugs are probably people who don't have thier system setup right with proper drivers and configurations. I just put the game in and did nothing special and its been working and looking great. Never even touched any of my sound or video drivers either...

ynnek
08-25-07, 01:43 PM
[pErMan']Most people with bugs are probably people who don't have thier system setup right with proper drivers and configurations. I just put the game in and did nothing special and its been working and looking great. Never even touched any of my sound or video drivers either...

Ditto. But who knows.

SwedX
08-25-07, 02:07 PM
The sound system is broken. There's currently no way to get proper 3D sound over headphones with any soundcard, not even a Creative X-Fi. There's no headphones option in the sound settings menu and 3D positioning isn't right if you select any of the available options (i.e. stereo, surround, Quad, 5.1 etc.). Some sounds are positioned correctly while others come from the wrong direction. I've investigated this issue and it seems Take 2 simply ported the Xbox 360 sound system to PC implemented through a crappy OpenAL wrapper by FMOD. Hopefully the developer will introduce a proper OpenAL implementation in a future patch.

eh but if one has a 5.1 surround headphone then it should work or ?
I mean when I game with mine Zalman 5.1 then you just chose 5.1 surround.

So you mean that Creatives virtual surround dont work as it should with stereo headphones ?..dont you just chose stereo for that or must you chose headphones to get it correct in games?
Just of curiosity as I sometimes play with the X-fi's CMSS3D Virtual surround!

Lfctony
08-25-07, 02:22 PM
The game simply downloads the game executable when "patching". That's why you can't play the game without internet access, the game is incomplete. If you can find an executable, you can even activate the game manually.

ATI_Dude
08-25-07, 07:14 PM
eh but if one has a 5.1 surround headphone then it should work or ?
I mean when I game with mine Zalman 5.1 then you just chose 5.1 surround.

So you mean that Creatives virtual surround dont work as it should with stereo headphones ?..dont you just chose stereo for that or must you chose headphones to get it correct in games?
Just of curiosity as I sometimes play with the X-fi's CMSS3D Virtual surround!

To make a long story short:

In it's current state Bioshock overrides Creative's control panel, i.e. if you select the 'Stereo' option you'll just get plain stereo output and no surround sound. Things improve if you select Quad or 5.1 since CMSS virtualizes speaker output over headphones. In other words, you can hear if a monster is sneaking up on you from behind. Unfortunately this is inferior to a true 3D headphone mode since Quad and 5.1 output contains no information about a sound source's elevation. In effect you'll be unable to hear if the monster trying to sneak up on you is located right behind you on the same level or on the landing above. I hope this makes sense to you.

nekrosoft13
08-25-07, 07:20 PM
hey ATI DUDE, why you using nvidia cards ;)

SwedX
08-25-07, 07:20 PM
Aha I think I got it or else I just PM you :)
Thanks.

ATI_Dude
08-26-07, 06:02 AM
hey ATI DUDE, why you using nvidia cards ;)

He he, well this alias is sort of a bad joke ;) I've always preferred nVidia although I've owned several ATI cards in the past.