PDA

View Full Version : I'm SOOO glad I didn't pick up Bioshock

Pages : [1] 2

v3rninater
08-25-07, 06:45 PM
:captnkill:

Since all these problems with the game I've decided not to buy the game. Maybe when things tone down and/or the hackers develop some sort of way around stupid securpoop. What a dumb way to try and avoid pirates by making all the people who buy it legitimately suffer for no reason.

So yay, I'm not buying that game!!!

Anyone else, and what's your thoughts?

Arioch
08-25-07, 06:46 PM
No problems here - you are missing out on a strong GOTY candidate.

JasonPC
08-25-07, 06:46 PM
Yeah your loss. No big deal.

nekrosoft13
08-25-07, 06:47 PM
great another stupid threat by another un-informed xxxxxxxxxx

note: replace xxxxxx with insult of your choice

Ninjaman09
08-25-07, 06:57 PM
Just get the game and play it, you'll forget all about the stupid internet hearsay once you do.

brownstone
08-25-07, 07:04 PM
Bioshock installed fine, activated fine and runs great. Only issue is the widescreen one but they are patching that anyway.

Sazar
08-25-07, 07:27 PM

Since all these problems with the game I've decided not to buy the game. Maybe when things tone down and/or the hackers develop some sort of way around stupid securpoop. What a dumb way to try and avoid pirates by making all the people who buy it legitimately suffer for no reason.

What problems?

Only real issue I experienced was the daft 16:10 FOV set when selecting a widescreen mode. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. Otherwise the game installs fine, runs fine and is pretty entertaining.

I am playing the steam version, not sure if the validation is different, but there are no issues here :)

agentkay
08-25-07, 07:40 PM
Only real issue I experienced was the daft 16:10 FOV set when selecting a widescreen mode. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. Otherwise the game installs fine, runs fine and is pretty entertaining.

No problems here as well. BTW, try the tool/hack from Racer_S over in the FOV thread. It works perfectly and the game looks even a little better because itīs not zoomed anymore. The claustrophobic feel is reduced a little as well but not by much. :)

ATOJAR
08-25-07, 07:54 PM
I also DONT\DIDNT have a single probelm with the game, not one, installed, updated & activated all without problems .... wicked game & well worth every penny i payed for it! .... the game just gets better and better the more you play, its easily already one of my all time favorite games & i havent even completed it yet.

AngelGraves13
08-25-07, 08:06 PM
I had a problem with the sound, but I got it fixed now. Enjoying the game immensely. I think once the first patch comes out and fixes the sound and widescreen and other bugs affecting a small amount of users, then the game will really shine.

If you haven't picked up the game already, then I recommend that you do. It's my new favorite game and I've already played more than 12 hours this week.

3DBrad
08-25-07, 08:15 PM
You didn't miss a thing. ;)

The demo has all the "amazing effects," and the rest of the game is fighting the same NPC over and over again running around in a little hamster-like box.

You think Quake 4 was bad at making you backtrack all the time? Welcome to the city of Rapture. :p

I had more fun playing the Medal of Honor: Airborne demo than I did the whole game of Bioshock.

JasonPC
08-25-07, 08:28 PM
You're poisoning my ears :( ^

Sazar
08-25-07, 08:30 PM
You didn't miss a thing. ;)

The demo has all the "amazing effects," and the rest of the game is fighting the same NPC over and over again running around in a little hamster-like box.

You think Quake 4 was bad at making you backtrack all the time? Welcome to the city of Rapture. :p

I had more fun playing the Medal of Honor: Airborne demo than I did the whole game of Bioshock.

No game ever bored me as much as D3, simply because of the absolutely useless level design and play.

Bioshock has it's moments. Certainly no classic but a hell of a lot better than Q4.

Re: Agent, I'll try the FOV fix when there's an official release. Don't want to bugger anything in the meantime :)

methimpikehoses
08-25-07, 08:39 PM
LOL no problems here... Vista 64 baybee

Fats_43
08-25-07, 08:45 PM
LOL no problems here... Vista 64 baybee

Oh cool no problems? Then how did you manage to get AA running in DX10?

grey_1
08-25-07, 08:57 PM
Oh cool no problems? Then how did you manage to get AA running in DX10?
Look at his monitor fats, he's probably running at 1920x1200, which means any aliasing will be much less noticeable. I can barely see it on mine.

But you knew that didn't you.

GitDat
08-25-07, 08:57 PM
Don't feed the troll threads people :rolleyes:

http://www.tailgatesport.com/feed_troll.jpg

grey_1
08-25-07, 08:58 PM
Don't feed the troll threads people :rolleyes:
Lol, good point.

nopp0x00
08-25-07, 09:03 PM
I'm glad I did. I of course had the sense to get the Steam version - the one that has no issues.

Fats_43
08-25-07, 09:06 PM
Look at his monitor fats, he's probably running at 1920x1200, which means any aliasing will be much less noticeable. I can barely see it on mine.

But you knew that didn't you.

Yeah, I remember playing games back a few years ago at 2048x1536, and I would rather have played at that rez than have AA on at lower, it just looked better.

Still is an issue that BioShock doesn't support AA in DX10, I don't know if they can even fix it, but I sure hope so. Guess we will see.

JaylumX
08-25-07, 09:09 PM
My only issue with the game is the FOV which as a matter of fact i initially observed as odd when i scaled the steps of the light house in the demo. I then recollected the "motion sick inducing" FOV of HL2 and the restrictive FOV of Pariah but then again I'd accepted more from lesser games.

No problem with AA since i game at 1920x1200.....but it would be nice. Other than that i've had no issues with the game. I like it and strangley after gaming for a while using mouse and Keyboard, i tried the gamepad (I have a X360 GP) and it feels dare i say....natural..........interesting.:afro:

grey_1
08-25-07, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I remember playing games back a few years ago at 2048x1536, and I would rather have played at that rez than have AA on at lower, it just looked better.

Still is an issue that BioShock doesn't support AA in DX10, I don't know if they can even fix it, but I sure hope so. Guess we will see.
Yeah, I'd like to see it fixed too. Sure didn't stop me from enjoying the great eye-candy though.

Fats_43
08-25-07, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see it fixed too. Sure didn't stop me from enjoying the great eye-candy though.

/Agreed

I'm loving the dynamic water ripples :) Fun to push things around and watch it react, amazing. Having a blast with this game :)

AthlonXP1800
08-25-07, 11:51 PM

Bioshock had already been cracked on Saturday, I think it took new group ONEHITWONDER hackers 4 days to cracked it.

You could try the crack version, if it not work well then I guess you will be force to buy the copy.

|MaguS|
08-25-07, 11:57 PM
Bioshock had already been cracked on Saturday, I think it took new group ONEHITWONDER hackers 4 days to cracked it.

You could try the crack version, if it not work well then I guess you will be force to buy the copy.

That version does not work, go read a pirate board... they are crying...