PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Graphics Engine Questions on Graphics for games?

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 02:36 AM
Do you guys think that Unreal Tournament 3 graphics are going to look better then Bioshocks graphics? Being that both games use the Unreal graphics engine. I'm thinking Unreal Tournament 3 will look far better because of all the graphic features that it's offered in the past for the user to adjust to their personal taste. I'm almost sure it's going to look alot better compared to Bioshock.

jAkUp
08-26-07, 02:40 AM
I am sure UE3 will look better, just because of the fact that Tim Sweeney can work direct with his content producers, and just better overall knowledge of the engine.

BioShocks nice looks come more from an art direction rather than technical, although the water in BioShock looks amazing.

sammy sung
08-26-07, 03:23 AM
UT 3 will definatly look better,just go to gametrailers.com and watch a few HD ingame videos of UT3 .The detail is a lot higher,one thing that was dissapointing with bioshock was the limited detail in some models/skins like the splicers.The skins and models looks to be a lot more detailed in UT3.

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 03:34 AM
UT 3 will definatly look better,just go to gametrailers.com and watch a few HD ingame videos of UT3 .The detail is a lot higher,one thing that was dissapointing with bioshock was the limited detail in some models/skins like the splicers.The skins and models looks to be a lot more detailed in UT3.

Yes, that really was a complete let down.

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 03:35 AM
I am sure UE3 will look better, just because of the fact that Tim Sweeney can work direct with his content producers, and just better overall knowledge of the engine.

BioShocks nice looks come more from an art direction rather than technical, although the water in BioShock looks amazing.

You got that right! The best water I've ever seen to date. And the art was of it's own style and I admired their creative level to be so original and so talented.

3DBrad
08-26-07, 07:42 AM
Don't worry, I don't think it'll take that much to beat Bioshock's model quality. :o

SH64
08-26-07, 09:19 AM
So far i've seen nothing of the hyped UE3 features. games like Vegs , Bioshock , MoH:Ar & Robotics dont look all that great .. so my bet is on GoW & UT3 when they hit the PC. i think these games will "save" the UE3 from drawning in the mud of sh!tty game engines.

3DBrad
08-26-07, 12:10 PM
I think Gears of War on the 360 already proved UE3.

It's just Ubisoft isn't quite good at PC games for now, but they said they're trying to "redo" their image (listen to one of the latest Far Cry 2 interviews).

R6:V was really a letdown, as they didn't take advantage of the engine like they should have.