PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Graphics Engine VS. Crytek 2 Graphics Engine!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 02:44 AM
Which graphics engine do you all think is going to be better out of the two? The Unreal Graphics Engine or the Crytek 2 Graphics Engine? :D I personally think the Crytek 2 engine will own the Unreal Engine.
Infact, I'm almost 98% positive it's going to just kill anything that comes out for the next couple of years. If these are the same developers that designed FarCry then I know for sure that the winner will clearly be Crytek.
Let's hope EA doesn't screw things up like they did with BF2 and all those patches that came out that never really fixed issues for anyone. EA just needs to publish games and let the developers work their end.

sammy sung
08-26-07, 03:15 AM
Which graphics engine do you all think is going to be better out of the two? The Unreal Graphics Engine or the Crytek 2 Graphics Engine? :D I personally think the Crytek 2 engine will own the Unreal Engine.
Infact, I'm almost 98% positive it's going to just kill anything that comes out for the next couple of years. If these are the same developers that designed FarCry then I know for sure that the winner will clearly be Crytek.
Let's hope EA doesn't screw things up like they did with BF2 and all those patches that came out that never really fixed issues for anyone. EA just needs to publish games and let the developers work their end.

Performancewise i would go with the UE3 engine,a lot of games are being developed on it now.Its a bit early to tell but i think it will perform better and be used a lot more by developers eventhough its possible that the C2 engine allows for more detail.If the limited usage/support of their first Crytek engine is anything to go by UE3 will dominate.

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 03:26 AM
Performancewise i would go with the UE3 engine,a lot of games are being developed on it now.Its a bit early to tell but i think it will perform better and be used a lot more by developers eventhough its possible that the C2 engine allows for more detail.If the limited usage/support of their first Crytek engine is anything to go by UE3 will dominate.

Well, I'm also after a good story line for the game. I also look for good multi-player features. But, when it comes down to it...everyone spending $1,000's on a system like mine want the best in graphics and performance. That's what really justifies my purchase of a $600.00 + dollar graphics card.
Never the less, I'm still going to play UT3 and Crysis! I'm hoping EVGA will sell the 9800 GTX with an added bonus of a game "Crysis" or UT3~~~ I'll cross my fingures!!! :D

Ywap
08-26-07, 08:01 AM
I have yet seen a great looking game based on the Unreal engine, so i think the CryEngine2 will suit my taste better. Also, i get the feeling that there are tons of more talent in the German camp.

monly
08-26-07, 08:18 AM
Bioshock (UE3) didnt impress me much with its graphics but it looks asif UT3 will when it comes out. But i prefer the realism of the cryengine 2.

3DBrad
08-26-07, 08:22 AM
Epic has the best artists around, bar none.

Crysis is going to be great, but I won't be playing Crysis for the story, but rather, just for the technology.

UT3 will beat Crysis in art direction, Crysis will beat UT3 in interactivity.

monly
08-26-07, 08:26 AM
Epic has the best artists around, bar none.

Crysis is going to be great, but I won't be playing Crysis for the story, but rather, just for the technology.

UT3 will beat Crysis in art direction, Crysis will beat UT3 in interactivity.

Thats your opinion, im sure most people who like realistic environments would vote for CE2, and people who enjoy sci-fi environments would vote for UE3. Matter of taste really as they are both as good in their respective departments.

Fats_43
08-26-07, 08:31 AM
Crytek 2 IMO, Although U3E looks great every game that comes out doesn't seem to support FSAA, so it loses. Jaggies = no no in 2007 pierod!

six_storm
08-26-07, 08:47 AM
Gears of War is one of my all-time favorite games and I haven't seen Crysis in person and on my rig yet. It's hard to decide.

Eliminator
08-26-07, 09:02 AM
UE3

SlieTheSecond
08-26-07, 10:56 AM
Cry Engine 2.

Look at the performance in Far Cry. The levels where gigantic with good environment. And you could run it fine on a really crappy machine. Performance wise, I would go with CE2 also.

But I guess only time will tell.

|MaguS|
08-26-07, 10:59 AM
Didn't we already have the same discussion discussed awhile back?

SH64
08-26-07, 11:06 AM
Didn't we already have the same discussion discussed awhile back?
Yes , i dont see whats the point of repeating the same again.

Mr_LoL
08-26-07, 11:38 AM
I'll have to wait for Crysis to come out first before offering my opinion. I want to see how well it runs on todays hardware at 1920 x 1200.

delas52
08-26-07, 11:58 AM
Well since none of us have been running CryEngine2, I'm pretty sure this question cannot be answered for another 2 months.

toxikneedle
08-26-07, 12:10 PM
crysis will look good but i doubt there will be many other games that will use the crytek 2 engine.

3DBrad
08-26-07, 12:13 PM
Well, Crytek is just getting started. Epic has been going on for over a decade now, so they're more mature in their business model.

Digital_Trans
08-26-07, 12:22 PM
Well, when I was at CES 2007 in Las Vegas back in January. I was able to play a demo of Crysis and even then it looked kick ass! I was shooting a rocket launcher at a very detailed helicopter. The Nano suit sure did look really detailed from the arms to the hands it was amazing! If it's nearly taken Crytek this long to release the game then my money is on Crytek vs the Unreal graphics Engine. Those German developers are really nice guys and all I did was comment on their work! (nana2) I got treated like a person and they are so damn cool to be around! To bad they were at a Dell booth.

delas52
08-26-07, 12:34 PM
crysis will look good but i doubt there will be many other games that will use the crytek 2 engine.

Yea, which is why if I had to choose one of them it would be ue3 (so many great games are using it).

gulizard
08-26-07, 01:43 PM
You can't judge UE3 on jaggies from other games that didn't add the FSAA option. I know that UE3 is capable of FSAA. Infact not even Bioshock has taken full advantage of what UE3 is capable of. As soon as Epic releases UT3, we will see just what Epic can do with its own engine, and I bet it will look awesome compared to what some of these games already using it look like.

sammy sung
08-26-07, 02:28 PM
Bioshock (UE3) didnt impress me much with its graphics but it looks asif UT3 will when it comes out. But i prefer the realism of the cryengine 2.

The realism is only part engine,i think both engines are capable of outputting similar results but in the end its more a question about design,art direction and gametype/style of game that sets the realism levels.What the crysis/far cry team have done well is outdoor enviroments and you basicly have none in Bioshock since that takes part under water.UT3 is way off from realism in its design so you cant really expect outdoor enviroments similar to crysis.

And to be honest i thought this thread was more about wich engine was going to come out on top commercially,i think the UE3 will be more successful there.Sofar i havent heard of any other game in production using the crytek 2 engine but ive heard of plenty of softcos licensing UE3.

Bman212121
08-26-07, 02:35 PM
You can't judge UE3 on jaggies from other games that didn't add the FSAA option. I know that UE3 is capable of FSAA. Infact not even Bioshock has taken full advantage of what UE3 is capable of. As soon as Epic releases UT3, we will see just what Epic can do with its own engine, and I bet it will look awesome compared to what some of these games already using it look like.

Actually IIRC the UE3 right now doesn't have FSAA support via the engine right now because it is not complete. So if devs want AA in their game they need to program it themselves. It is supposed to be finialized for UT3 though.

Bman212121
08-26-07, 02:36 PM
The realism is only part engine,i think both engines are capable of outputting similar results but in the end its more a question about design,art direction and gametype/style of game that sets the realism levels.What the crysis/far cry team have done well is outdoor enviroments and you basicly have none in Bioshock since that takes part under water.UT3 is way off from realism in its design so you cant really expect outdoor enviroments similar to crysis.

And to be honest i thought this thread was more about wich engine was going to come out on top commercially,i think the UE3 will be more successful there.Sofar i havent heard of any other game in production using the crytek 2 engine but ive heard of plenty of softcos licensing UE3.

There are already a few games on the market using the UE3 engine so they've got a little lead. :)

|MaguS|
08-26-07, 02:37 PM
Actually IIRC the UE3 right now doesn't have FSAA support via the engine right now because it is not complete. So if devs want AA in their game they need to program it themselves. It is supposed to be finialized for UT3 though.

Um, Gears of War on the X360 has AA as does RVS on the consoles... Mass Effect also seems to support AA. Seems like its an issue on the PC, not the consoles or the Engine.

|MaguS|
08-26-07, 02:38 PM
There are already a few games on the market using the UE3 engine so they've got a little lead. :)

Yes few out on the market but alot in development with alot of other studios already licensing the engine without a title announced yet. I have only read of one other project using the Crysis engine...