PDA

View Full Version : BioShock Storyline *SPOILERS!*

Pages : [1] 2 3

GitDat
08-26-07, 07:48 AM
Ok. Why the heck did Andrew Ryan command your character to "Kill" him with the golf club? :|

WeReWoLf
08-26-07, 07:52 AM
To prove a point.

GitDat
08-26-07, 07:54 AM
To prove a point.

It was a good point too but too bad he's DEAD after making it! :p haha. That's the part I didn't get.

JasonPC
08-26-07, 12:20 PM
I thought it was Fontaine commanding you to kill him?

delas52
08-26-07, 12:57 PM
Yea to prove a point, he knew Fontaine would have you kill him in a second anyway.

grey_1
08-26-07, 01:33 PM
I thought it was Fontaine commanding you to kill him?
I was wondering if Ryan was hoping you could break Fontaines hold or not.

Personally I thought this game has one of the strongest storylines I've seen in a game yet.

Sazar
08-26-07, 01:39 PM
Would you kindly accept Ryan's death :smoking:

And yes, it was to prove a point. I haven't gotten back to Ryan by harvesting the l'il girls, I just feel wrong doing it so I've saved every single one my second time through :(

nVidi0t
08-26-07, 02:00 PM
Yes he was trying to prove a point but he also really had nothing to lose. He knew Fontaine had real control of Rapture and despite his best efforts the people of rapture decided to align themselves with Fontaine to more easily satisfy their endless craving for Adam.

Sectus
08-26-07, 03:01 PM
This is the one thing in the storyline I can't understand either. Ryan seemed like an absolute fanatic which would go to any means possible to try to hold control over Rapture. And after getting a BIG advantage of being able to control the player... he decided to let go of that advantage and take suicide? He also made a big deal that he'd rather see Rapture destroyed instead of "Atlas" gaining control... but he let the player casually kill him and take the key to turn off the self-destruct. I just thought that didn't make sense at all.

Sazar
08-26-07, 03:17 PM
This is the one thing in the storyline I can't understand either. Ryan seemed like an absolute fanatic which would go to any means possible to try to hold control over Rapture. And after getting a BIG advantage of being able to control the player... he decided to let go of that advantage and take suicide? He also made a big deal that he'd rather see Rapture destroyed instead of "Atlas" gaining control... but he let the player casually kill him and take the key to turn off the self-destruct. I just thought that didn't make sense at all.

You (the player character) operate under this assumption because of what Atlas reveals to you to aid your motivation in reaching Ryan.

And, he has good reason to see Rapture go down in flames than have Fontaine take over because he knows what Fontaine stands for.

Additionally, he doesn't control you, he just knows, apparently, about one or some of the control mechanisms.

However, I will give you this. Why did he not ever say "would you kindly kill Atlas?"

grey_1
08-26-07, 03:27 PM
You (the player character) operate under this assumption because of what Atlas reveals to you to aid your motivation in reaching Ryan.

And, he has good reason to see Rapture go down in flames than have Fontaine take over because he knows what Fontaine stands for.

Additionally, he doesn't control you, he just knows, apparently, about one or some of the control mechanisms.

However, I will give you this. Why did he not ever say "would you kindly kill Atlas?"
Just a hunch, as you said he knew he only had knowledge of a key phrase. I still think he was hoping you could, or would break Fontaines hold yourself, maybe allying yourself with him, as neither of you were strong enough to kill Fontaine alone, at that time.

Meh, just a guess. I still thought it worked well. On my second time through now, and still saving the little sisters.

Gnaddel
08-26-07, 04:28 PM
Just finished my first run through the game (good end).
The Fontaine fight is way to ease if you ask me, but still looks great! :D

Sazar
08-26-07, 04:44 PM
Just finished my first run through the game (good end).
The Fontaine fight is way to ease if you ask me, but still looks great! :D

Yah, the final fight was way too easy.

But I did like the l'il sistah's going all ghetto on his ass :cool:

Sectus
08-26-07, 05:29 PM
I fully understand that. My question is why he bothered to activate the self-destruct while also giving Atlas and the player an extremely easy opportunity to deactivate it.

Sazar
08-26-07, 07:20 PM
Are we even absolutely sure whether it was a self-destruct? Or something else?

Dirthead
08-26-07, 07:56 PM
Im stuck and can not find the "boots for big daddy and that voice thing,Been looking most of the day and can not find,I'm thinking im never going to make it to the end

Sazar
08-26-07, 08:11 PM
Im stuck and can not find the "boots for big daddy and that voice thing,Been looking most of the day and can not find,I'm thinking im never going to make it to the end

You have to go to a different section to get that. It's not where the rest of the items are. Look around for one of those info box thingers and you'll get a new objective.

GitDat
08-26-07, 08:19 PM
Why do the little girls still talk to Mr. B after they've been saved? :confused:

grey_1
08-26-07, 08:42 PM
Why do the little girls still talk to Mr. B after they've been saved? :confused:
I saw a couple small bugs with the girls, stuck in floors, stuck in the "looking around" animation...no show-stoppers though.

JasonPC
08-26-07, 09:48 PM
They still love Mr B even though they were enslaving them ;)

Sazar
08-26-07, 09:52 PM
Mr B protected and cared for them. I loved the animations where they would physically pick up and move the girls out the way during a fight :D

That was pretty cool. That and when they just walked about banging on the vents, waiting for the girls to come out and play.

grey_1
08-26-07, 10:07 PM
Mr B protected and cared for them. I loved the animations where they would physically pick up and move the girls out the way during a fight :D

That was pretty cool. That and when they just walked about banging on the vents, waiting for the girls to come out and play.
You are a softy for the kids, aren't ya?

Me to, can't bring my self to harvest one. :o :D

GitDat
08-26-07, 10:29 PM
Mr B protected and cared for them.

Yeah, but Mr. B is dead on the ground and she's still telling him ny nights as she crawls back into her hole in the wall :bleh: haha

WeReWoLf
08-26-07, 11:34 PM

The best part is with the Elite Bouncers, where sometimes you can see him pick her up, get her to hold onto his shoulder while he's charging down whatever attacked him. I've noticed alot of little details like that, i'm nearly finished my 5th play-through.

DarkJedi664
08-27-07, 12:52 AM
5th??? Holy crap, lol. I truly wished that when I turned into a BD, I would get the rail gun, but nope, and not even my sleves changed :( I absolutely hated the ending, it was so abrupt :( What happens in the "good" ending? At the end, how many little sisters died? Me? 3. I thought they were invulnerable, I guess not :\