PDA

View Full Version : COD2 is Poo Compared to MOHA!

Pages : [1] 2

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 01:16 AM
Fetch! Well I'm officially done with COD2 MP. It's simply crap to me now compared to the gameplay in Medal of Honor: Airborne. Personally I really like the gun sounds in MOHA. They sound much more authentic compared with documentaries that I have watched. Not only that your character moves much more realistically in MOHA and I love the sprint feature, motion blur, and slo-mo. The cover is awesome in MOHA. Just slap it into iron sights and peek around or above cover. What is cover like in COD2....hmmm...come to think of it their really isn't any cover system.

I have always been a big WWII shooter fan from the get go (probably due to my 2 Grandpas service in WWII: one was a tailgunner in a B-17 bomber, the other was a sergeant...he was part of D-Day...Battle of the Bulge and so on.)(salute)

If I was every going to be in the military I would want to go Airborne. Either go hardcore or don't go at all is my opinion.

Anyway...I simply can't wait for the retail version!:D

Mr_LoL
08-27-07, 01:23 AM
I disagree. CoD2 is superior in every way including graphics imo. The voice acting also sucks.

I Know COD2 is heavily scripted but it suits the game down to a T. I will be skipping this game unfortunately. Plus it made me feel pretty ill playing the demo. This is the reason I haven't been able to complete Half Life 2. Roll on COD4 Modern Warfare.

m3dude
08-27-07, 01:26 AM
i agree that cod has better graphics

SH64
08-27-07, 01:30 AM
Sorry Tiki but i disagree.
although MoH:Ab has fun gameplay & great graphics , i still think that CoD2 can match it in many aspects like the instense action , superb audio & the graphics in CoD2 are still great considering its age (high-res textures & smoke effects ftw!).

Mr_LoL
08-27-07, 01:36 AM
The smoke effects from Grenades in Airborne are laughable at best. It looks like a horrid grey curtain. Tiki posted a screenshot of it in the other thread and it looks "meh".

One thing I like about Medal of Honor though is you don't have to follow a set path to complete your mission.

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 01:49 AM
i agree that cod has better graphics

COD2 does have great graphics and I am not disputing that. What I am disputing is the fact that in COD2 the gameplay suffers, because your character somehow...someway has the ability to keep his head perfectly straight at all times. What the fetch is realistic about that? I'm not saying the characters head should be bobbing like crazy, but I found the movement in MOHA more accurate. It is the cover system especially in MOHA that truely impresses me the most.:D

m3dude
08-27-07, 01:55 AM
sorry my post was meant to communicate that i agree cod is only better in graphics

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 01:56 AM
sorry my post was meant to communicate that i agree cod is only better in graphics

;)

jAkUp
08-27-07, 02:27 AM
Comparing SP, I prefer MOHA.

Not sure about MP, I am a big fan of COD2 MP.

Honestly I cannot see how the COD2 graphics even compare, they don't even have ragdoll physics for goodness sakes!

m3dude
08-27-07, 02:56 AM
but they do have textures that arent terribly low res, quality particle effects, better lighting etc.

Alaa
08-27-07, 03:36 AM
I can't wait! :D

Redeemed
08-27-07, 03:38 AM
I can't wait! :D
Allah disaproves. He told me so. :bleh:

DarkJedi664
08-27-07, 03:50 AM
I thought COD2 was a MUCH better game than MOH:A. Graphics are good, gameplay is meh, too "cartoony" if you ask me, and it doesn't give me that "i'm in a war" type feeling that COD/2 does.

Alaa
08-27-07, 04:05 AM
Allah disaproves. He told me so. :bleh:
:retard: (crazy) :nutkick: :kill:

Redeemed
08-27-07, 05:22 AM
:retard: (crazy) :nutkick: :kill:
:lol:

:POKE: :nanahump: :naughty:

Sectus
08-27-07, 05:59 AM
I agree!

Now then, it's hard to compare the multiplayer side without having played the multiplayer of MoH:A but the singleplayer is definitely vastly superior.

I'm hoping this game will started a revolution in level design for gaming in general and make developers aware that open and non-linear level design is a ton more fun than "corridor" level design.

I can just keep playing the demo and it's a unique fun experience each time. The only other demo I can think of where that was possible was the Jagged Alliance 2 demo... and it was for the same reason. The level in that demo was also open and non-linear and you could play it in many different ways.

nekrosoft13
08-27-07, 07:12 AM
so far i like MOHA more then COD2.

final judgement will be done in few days.

mullet
08-27-07, 10:55 AM
I think I like MOHA better then COD2 right now. first off the sounds are a ton better and the graphics are way better then COD2 BUT its all about the MP so we will have to wait and see how that pans out. I could care less about SP or AI, MP is where the action is.

shteve
08-27-07, 11:16 AM
I'm confused - is airborne out yet or are we basing the comparison from the single level demo?

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-27-07, 01:30 PM
I enjoyed MOHA demo more than I've ever enjoyed COD 2 singleplayer. As for multi-player, that has yet to be determined. I thought the graphics were pretty good, the motion blur was also great. What I liked best were the ragdoll physics.

MaXThReAT
08-27-07, 02:09 PM
The only things I don't like about MOHA so far are the very sad NAD effects and the lack of any gore. I would love to see blood and model decals. If there was blood and limbs flying off when I throw a NAD with a few sparks, dust and debris I would could say it’s the sickest game so far this year. Non of the others have had blood but it would have been nice. Why can they allow GOW and other to have such gore but not MOH. EA I guess, but COD2 did have better NAD effects. It's ganna be a fun game either way.

SH64
08-27-07, 02:19 PM
Above post reminds me of something : I see the 'nades explosion effect as just a texture & has nothing dynamic on it (in MoH:Ab) , thats another bad point in the game.

Logical
08-27-07, 03:11 PM
FPMSL at the people in this thread that think COD2 graphics come anywhere close to that of Airbornes.

Do you need prescription glasses ?

:cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3:

3DBrad
08-27-07, 03:15 PM
Oh, BTW, my grandfather was Patton's mess sgt. :)

gulizard
08-27-07, 09:08 PM
This game has a ****ty single player. I never cared much for the mp in COD2 or COD for that matter but the story is far more superior in both games, and the gameplay as well. I don't like shooting someone 3 times in the head with my M1 Grand, and I hate games that spawn 10 more enemies when you kill the first batch, simply a gay game.