PDA

View Full Version : I Hate GameSpot...I need a new gaming home.

Pages : [1] 2

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 10:26 PM
I'm so freaking sick of GameSpot I could puke. :barf: Their site has officially hit the craps as far as I am concerned.:( Lame gaming tourneys, no exclusive betas or demos (at least that I want), freaking lame editors, and some of the worst written reviews that I personally have ever read...the list goes on.

Today I cancelled my Total Access account with them.:(

I really liked GameSpot in the past, but my dislike over the last 6 months has been growing and growing.

I need a new gaming home.

Any suggestions where I might go? IGN? Somewhere else? Opinions would be much appreciated.:D

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 10:34 PM
bump

nekrosoft13
08-27-07, 10:37 PM
IGN/Gamespy/3Dgamers/Fileplanet the best combo

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 10:40 PM

That's what I have been thinking.;)

Labyrinth
08-27-07, 10:41 PM
^^
+1

buffbiff21
08-27-07, 10:44 PM
GameFAQs

3DBrad
08-27-07, 10:44 PM
Gamespot's website is MUCH better than IGNs (which is like sorting through a dumpster to find anything of interest).

It's sad that Rich Gallup left, he was the best.

ChaoticNick
08-27-07, 10:46 PM
I find the IGN network(ign, fileplanet, gamespy, etc) to be much better than Gamespot. More content, better content, and updated almost daily. I also like the fact that its not just games( movies, music, etc.) The ign insider subscription is pretty lame though, the free stuff is better.

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 10:48 PM
It's sad that Rich Gallup left, he was the best.

Ya what ever happened to him? Also it seems like I haven't seen a review from the old editor-in-chief for a while.

MaUiLoCaL
08-27-07, 10:50 PM
I find the IGN network(ign, fileplanet, gamespy, etc) to be much better than Gamespot. More content, better content, and updated almost daily. I also like the fact that its not just games( movies, music, etc.) The ign insider subscription is pretty lame though, the free stuff is better.

I have always liked GameSpy.:D

3DBrad
08-27-07, 10:51 PM
I think he moved for good reasons (family reasons), but I'm not sure.

jAkUp
08-27-07, 11:18 PM
The hi-def content on IGN is actually hi-def. I like that :) I have both paid accounts.

3DBrad
08-27-07, 11:19 PM
Gamespot's 720p seems to be better, IMO, unless it's changed in the past few months (haven't been a paid member in a few months there).

methimpikehoses
08-28-07, 12:12 AM
Fileplanet gets you lots of beta keys and demos, but I don't know about their tournaments, etc.

Gamespot is good for reviews most of the time, but I don't use it for anything else. The people that post on there are 75% retarded.

NarcissistZero
08-28-07, 01:58 AM
I get my news from Gamespot and I find their reviews to be pretty well done. They're more critical than other sites a lot of times, which I like.

The crappy sites for gaming are IGN and 1UP in my opinion, I can't stand either of those sites.

Kotaku is great for news as well, he's entertaining and posts pretty much everything ever that happens in the industry.

crainger
08-28-07, 03:13 AM
GameFAQs

You do know GameSpot owns GameFaqs now? :bleh:

nutcrackr
08-28-07, 05:24 AM
Gamespot is good, but I'd never pay for an account there. Also I don't like how they moved to .5 for user reviews.

Namrok
08-28-07, 07:30 AM
I'm a fan of Kotaku. No membership plan, media servers, etc though. But its a solid gaming blog. Check it more than Gamespy, 1up, Gamefaqs, Gamespot, IGN or anything else.

Logical
08-28-07, 10:24 AM
I've been using gamespot for quite some time although not a subscriber and i have to say that thre reviews lately have been well under par.

I also think they are very biased towards console gaming over PC and as a result i have since moved on to IGN.

MaUiLoCaL
08-28-07, 10:31 AM
Basically GameSpot's :retard:(crazy) review of Metroid Prime 3 was the last straw for me. So many, many, many bad reviews over the last few months. All of their editors look like they eat twinkies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

vandalous
08-28-07, 10:33 AM
TrixteH! Fix your sig! That thing is all broke down like my old Hyundai Excel.

I liked the IGN network for one-stop shopping so much that I paid for the Founder's Club stuff. I also like Firingsquad.com and Shacknews.com.

Good luck in finding a new game news portal, Tiki.

MaUiLoCaL
08-28-07, 10:47 AM
Good luck in finding a new game news portal, Tiki.

Thanks.:D

Logical
08-28-07, 01:44 PM
TrixteH! Fix your sig! That thing is all broke down like my old Hyundai

Firstly how do you mean fix it....Secondly ROFL @ you having a Hyundai :afro:

My sig looks perfect on my widescreen monitor, if it doesnt on normal monitors then tough :p

FastRedPonyCar
08-28-07, 01:46 PM
Get fileplanet so when the crysis demo comes out, you can have it a whole day before everyone else :D

crainger
08-28-07, 05:30 PM
Firstly how do you mean fix it....Secondly ROFL @ you having a Hyundai :afro:

My sig looks perfect on my widescreen monitor, if it doesnt on normal monitors then tough :p

Looks fine here, :D