PDA

View Full Version : PC versions of Strangelhold pushed back to September 30!

Pages : [1] 2

3DBrad
08-28-07, 06:12 PM
LOL, after the Crysis demo = trouble

http://pc.ign.com/objects/813/813588.html

Logical
08-28-07, 06:30 PM
Well i guess it gives us more time to play the Crysis demo. :D

On another note i noticed the European version is 21st September.

muaddib
08-28-07, 06:36 PM
If this promises the best version out of the three this is totally good.

DarkJedi664
08-28-07, 07:00 PM
The odds of the PC version being the best of the 3, are VERY slim.

JohnDio
08-28-07, 08:13 PM
Our Publisher's press release states that Stranglehold for X360,PC and PS3 will be released on September 21 ;)

Edit: And IGN has the same release date for Europe ;)

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 08:19 PM
LOL, after the Crysis demo = trouble

http://pc.ign.com/objects/813/813588.html

Um why? Do you think that Crysis Demo is going to affect a game that has no direct resembles to in sales?

I never understood why people think so highly of Demos. Yeah its great to try a game before buying it but people are now comparing them against retail software... like the demo can affect sales of another game.

NarcissistZero
08-28-07, 09:06 PM
I'm getting this on PS3 for the Hard Boiled HD movie... I think 3rd person games tend to work better with a pad anyway.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-28-07, 09:29 PM
I thought the Stranglehold demo for the 360 sucked ass. You could barely walk near a table or cart, and your character automatically slides on his ass. The physics was pretty cool, but the game play sucked badly compared to Max Payne. On top of that, the AI is just as stupid as the graphics. The graphics are not even as good as, dare I say it, Half Life 2.

3DBrad
08-28-07, 09:31 PM
Um why? Do you think that Crysis Demo is going to affect a game that has no direct resembles to in sales?

I never understood why people think so highly of Demos. Yeah its great to try a game before buying it but people are now comparing them against retail software... like the demo can affect sales of another game.

Because the launch of the game will be overshadowed by all the uproar over Crysis.

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 09:33 PM
Because the launch of the game will be overshadowed by all the uproar over Crysis.

I dout it considering the average gamer probably doesn't know anything about Crysis yet there are tons of advertisments for Stranglehold.

3DBrad
08-28-07, 09:53 PM
I dout it considering the average gamer probably doesn't know anything about Crysis yet there are tons of advertisments for Stranglehold.
(wack)

jAkUp
08-28-07, 10:03 PM

The average gamer on a console yes, but not the average gamer on a PC.

crainger
08-28-07, 10:15 PM
What's Crysis?

SH64
08-28-07, 10:17 PM
I feel sorry for Strangelhold now

SH64
08-28-07, 10:18 PM
What's Crysis?
A neat flash game .. you should try it out with your family!

crainger
08-28-07, 10:55 PM
A neat flash game .. you should try it out with your family!

link?

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 11:31 PM
The average gamer on a console yes, but not the average gamer on a PC.

No the average gamer on a PC. Do you really think all these forum give you the idea of the average player? No, we are the minorty. Add up all the gamers on Nvnews, Hardforum and anandtech and we don't matter at all.

How many people do you think here play the sims? Im guessing two, NaluGirl and crainger... yet the series sells millions upon release. Crysis is no Doom or Half-Life, it has nothing to back it, Not even Farcry which honestly sold poorly when compared to the other big games.

Again, why do you think so many great MP games fail when the original CS is still the most played? I'll give you one hint... it's not the graphics or the gameplay. It's because a) people know of it and b) it can run on almost any current PC. Why do you think Crytek is trying so hard to put in the mind of people that you don't need a rig like yours to run Crysis? Because if people think they do they wont buy the game. This is where you Elitiest fail to grasp the concept, consoles aren't ruining your PC Games. It's those millions of people who buy $500 PCs at DELL or Best Buy and want to play games yet don't know about better hardware. They think they have a great system because it has 2Ghz CPU and 1GB of RAM which they have no clue what it means.

gravioli
08-28-07, 11:41 PM
Well said Magus. :thumbsup:

Saintster
08-28-07, 11:52 PM
I'm getting this on PS3 for the Hard Boiled HD movie... I think 3rd person games tend to work better with a pad anyway.

+1

Saintster
08-28-07, 11:54 PM
No the average gamer on a PC. Do you really think all these forum give you the idea of the average player? No, we are the minorty. Add up all the gamers on Nvnews, Hardforum and anandtech and we don't matter at all.

How many people do you think here play the sims? Im guessing two, NaluGirl and crainger... yet the series sells millions upon release. Crysis is no Doom or Half-Life, it has nothing to back it, Not even Farcry which honestly sold poorly when compared to the other big games.

Again, why do you think so many great MP games fail when the original CS is still the most played? I'll give you one hint... it's not the graphics or the gameplay. It's because a) people know of it and b) it can run on almost any current PC. Why do you think Crytek is trying so hard to put in the mind of people that you don't need a rig like yours to run Crysis? Because if people think they do they wont buy the game. This is where you Elitiest fail to grasp the concept, consoles aren't ruining your PC Games. It's those millions of people who buy $500 PCs at DELL or Best Buy and want to play games yet don't know about better hardware. They think they have a great system because it has 2Ghz CPU and 1GB of RAM which they have no clue what it means.

QFT:D

ralinn
08-29-07, 01:47 PM

Well said, you saved me typing up an essay. :)

|MaguS|
08-29-07, 01:50 PM
Well said, you saved me typing up an essay. :)
Im thinking about doing one right now with a Survey to follow... Im just sick of people blaming consoles and just ignoring the real issue (Mark Rein commented on this when he blamed onboard gpus for holding back PC Scene).

nightmare beta
08-29-07, 04:42 PM
The odds of the PC version being the best of the 3, are VERY slim.

I've always thought Midway was among the best when it comes to the pc version of a multi-platform game.

In fact, Midway has a history of making PC games superior to the console versions. Think MK4 and NFL Blitz on a 3dfx Voodoo1/2/3/4/5.

They generally release patches and quickly too.

I'm looking forward to it, and I'm positive that the PC version will be just as good.

|MaguS|
08-29-07, 05:02 PM
I've always thought Midway was among the best when it comes to the pc version of a multi-platform game.

In fact, Midway has a history of making PC games superior to the console versions. Think MK4 and NFL Blitz on a 3dfx Voodoo1/2/3/4/5.

They generally release patches and quickly too.

I'm looking forward to it, and I'm positive that the PC version will be just as good.

MK4 Gold was the best version which was available on the Dreamcast, the same for Blitz.

nightmare beta
08-29-07, 07:16 PM
MK4 Gold was the best version which was available on the Dreamcast, the same for Blitz.

That's pretty damn correct, but MK4 for the PC came out first (1998), but you're right, though.

As for Blitz, you're right about that too. If it was played on a non-3dfx chipset, then it sucked, but if it was on a 3dfx chipset (like the arcade hw) then it was pretty arcade perfect (both PC versions, the ones released in 98 and '00.)

I was quite impressed by the Dreamcast version of Blitz 2000 in 1999, it was the 2nd game I bought for the DC, in fact. The DC version compared to the N64 and especially ps1 versions exposed the DC's power, and the other 2 systems' age.

I hate football with a passion, but I always loved Blitz, anything Mark Turmell made was great.

When I went to Busch Gardens before the first N64 one came out, my friends went to ride the rides, but I nearly finished a season in Blitz.

I remember I preordered the N64 version as soon as EB had a release date for it and it came out like the 3rd day of the 98-99 school year and I could not wait to get out of school that day.

1998 was probably the N64's best year, but anyone should feel free to disagree with me.