PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Demo Collides With Halo 3!

Pages : [1] 2

ATOJAR
08-28-07, 07:46 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted but here goes anyway!

EA has announced that they will release a demo for Crysis on September 25th, the very same launch date for Halo 3.

It is unclear whether the coinciding demo release date was chosen intentionally to harass Microsoft and its console blockbuster, but the demo will be released for Windows PC only and Halo 3 is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Consisting of the entire first level in Crysis' single player campaign, "Contact", gamers will get to finally experience first-hand the stunning visuals, revolutionary Nanosuit gameplay and open-ended level design that make Crysis one of the most anticipated shooters and PC games of all time. The demo is also poised to include a huge surprise from Crytek, but for now we'll just have to wait.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/crysisdemocollideswithhalo3.shtml

ATOJAR
08-28-07, 07:52 PM
I also just got a nice new desktop :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ATOJAR/desktop.jpg

DarkJedi664
08-28-07, 08:04 PM
I'm sure there will be FAR more people playing Halo 3 than Crysis.

Libertysyclone
08-28-07, 08:07 PM
I also just got a nice new desktop :D

Your start bar looks funny:D

I preordered (it better be good damnit!) Crysis already and the preorder came with some high res screenies. They look damn good.

SH0DAN
08-28-07, 08:17 PM
I pre ordered Crysis today at EB and cant wait ! Wonder if the game will be as well optimized as Bioshock ? Or better ? As Bioshock is the first shooter to be daul core,and quad core aware.With any luck we will have 5 titles that make good use of quad core cpu's by years end.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
08-28-07, 08:46 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted but here goes anyway!

EA has announced that they will release a demo for Crysis on September 25th, the very same launch date for Halo 3.

It is unclear whether the coinciding demo release date was chosen intentionally to harass Microsoft and its console blockbuster, but the demo will be released for Windows PC only and Halo 3 is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Consisting of the entire first level in Crysis' single player campaign, "Contact", gamers will get to finally experience first-hand the stunning visuals, revolutionary Nanosuit gameplay and open-ended level design that make Crysis one of the most anticipated shooters and PC games of all time. The demo is also poised to include a huge surprise from Crytek, but for now we'll just have to wait.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/crysisdemocollideswithhalo3.shtml

Been posted. It's about 2-3 threads below yours.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97370

SOAD
08-28-07, 08:48 PM
yay!

Hopefully it wont be a let down

that would suck.

As it hsa been said before

JUST BRING THE ****ING THING OUT!:D

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 08:51 PM
Who cares? It's a demo... it's not like they are releasing the game on that date... that would be stupid.

crainger
08-28-07, 09:08 PM
Who cares? It's a demo... it's not like they are releasing the game on that date... that would be stupid.

After seeing how everyone reacted with the Bioshock demo (especially the preloading nonsense) they aren't JUST demos anymore :(

SH64
08-28-07, 10:41 PM
I dont care.

|MaguS|
08-28-07, 10:53 PM
I dont care.

Oh you will care... you will care...

or the CELL will get you while you sleep.

crainger
08-28-07, 11:09 PM
I dont care.

What's up with CaptNBRINGDOWN? Nice one Sir Buzz-killington.

"Who enjoys a good story about a bridge?"

3DBrad
08-28-07, 11:31 PM
Yeah, and there are far more people playing Counter-Strike than Halo 3, but what does that prove?

delas52
08-28-07, 11:36 PM
Yea, because Halo 3 isn't out yet.

It will have more players than CS.

3DBrad
08-28-07, 11:41 PM
Yea, because Halo 3 isn't out yet.

It will have more players than CS.

LOL, IIRC, NO game has more players than the original Counter-Strike.

delas52
08-28-07, 11:43 PM
Maybe most users over time, but a few weeks after halos release you can be sure it will have many more active users.

EDIT: From wikipedia

"As of May 2006, Counter-Strike is still the most widely played online first-person shooter in the world. In 2002 there were over 30,000 populated Counter-Strike servers on the Internet (second place was Unreal Tournament with about 9,800). In 2004, GameSpy statistics showed over 85,000 players simultaneously playing Counter-Strike at any point in time, and in 2006, Steam regularly shows over 200,000 players for Counter-Strike (this includes Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike)."

"By June 20, 2006, more than 500 million games of Halo 2 had been played and more than 710 million hours have been spent playing it on Xbox Live; by May 9th, 2007, this number had risen to five billion, with more than five million unique players on Xbox Live."

3DBrad
08-29-07, 12:18 AM
Maybe most users over time, but a few weeks after halos release you can be sure it will have many more active users.

EDIT: From wikipedia

"As of May 2006, Counter-Strike is still the most widely played online first-person shooter in the world. In 2002 there were over 30,000 populated Counter-Strike servers on the Internet (second place was Unreal Tournament with about 9,800). In 2004, GameSpy statistics showed over 85,000 players simultaneously playing Counter-Strike at any point in time, and in 2006, Steam regularly shows over 200,000 players for Counter-Strike (this includes Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike)."

"By June 20, 2006, more than 500 million games of Halo 2 had been played and more than 710 million hours have been spent playing it on Xbox Live; by May 9th, 2007, this number had risen to five billion, with more than five million unique players on Xbox Live."

What does that prove? I have about 6 Xbox Live names, anyways.

|MaguS|
08-29-07, 12:24 AM

And you ignored that part where it said "unique players" right?

CaptNKILL
08-29-07, 02:50 AM
or the CELL will get you while you sleep.
That reminds me of that irritating PS3 commercial that repeats at wal-mart.

"While you're awake, it's awake... while you're asleep... it's awake... and while you touch yourself at night... it watches..."

:p

kev13dd
08-29-07, 03:49 AM
If your failing math grades didn't tell you that you should avoid numbers and estimates, this definatly will. If you honestly think that the amount of online players can't surpass 200,000 when Halo 3 launches (and even then long down the road) then you're crazy

Gears of War surpassed Halo 2 on Xbox live the day it was launched. 3 million copies of Gears was sold over the holiday season, which Halo 3 will trump. 3 million copies of Halo 3 out within a few weeks, and you don't think it can get 200,000 online? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if COOP alone breaks the 50,000 at one time mark with 4 people COOP possible

10,000,000 X360s out there
5,000,000 Xbox Live UNIQUE accounts

Assuming only half of those are X360 accounts, we got 2,500,000 X360 gamers online, which is 25%

Halo 3 with over 3 million copies sold, with 25% of those people with Xbox Live, that's 750,000 gamers with the capability to be online with Halo 3. Around launch, only needing 38% to be online at once? It will break CS easy

And that's assuming it only sells 3 million in 10 weeks. That's putting the popularity on the same level as Gears. As I recall, Halo 2 sold over 2 million in it's first DAY

Sorry if thats far too many more numbers for you. Go ahead and try to defeat them all with your number 6 again

K

arioch21
08-29-07, 05:31 AM
LOL, IIRC, NO game has more players than the original Counter-Strike.

WoW does!...... sorry I had to :p, back to subject! I dont have xbox 360 so crysis for me, the day consoles get mmo's and rts competitions is the day Ill get one since those games take most of my free time. :)

Logical
08-29-07, 12:44 PM
Crysis 4 sure.....Halo 3 is gonna be a been there done that type game tbh

Athena
08-29-07, 03:59 PM
Crysis is a none game compared to Halo3 as far as sales and effect on the market. But I might still get it since I do not have a 360 yet. The demo will make or break it for me. Eye candy does not make a good game. Good gameplay makes a good game. Far Cry was ok game play but nothing on the level of Halo, HL2 or more recently BioShock.

But it did rule all over Doom3 ;)

K007
08-29-07, 06:15 PM
Halo3 wont be effected..most console people wouldn't even know about Crysis, and even tho Halo is a crappy FPS..it will still sell..just like Halo2 did...which was also a pretty pathetic FPS -.-.

Even if Halo3 was the best game of the year...Crysis is a Demo..Halo3 is the final release...so i doubt its gonna be effected..and fans of both will just purchase both (when Crysis comes out on retail)..so its all $$ to everyone.

K007
08-29-07, 06:21 PM
Crysis is a none game compared to Halo3 as far as sales and effect on the market. But I might still get it since I do not have a 360 yet. The demo will make or break it for me. Eye candy does not make a good game. Good gameplay makes a good game. Far Cry was ok game play but nothing on the level of Halo, HL2 or more recently BioShock.

But it did rule all over Doom3 ;)

True gameplay is important, but when you talk Crysis..its in a different level..We have not seen this kind of quality and detail in graphics that look so great in a long time. Pretty sure gameplay will be decent, but i know the graphics is gonna be the main thing its gonna be talked about...i wonder if Gamespot will give them a 10 for graphics :O