PDA

View Full Version : Built In Graphics Card on Mother Board

compbug
08-29-07, 09:43 AM
hello Folks,

how do I know the memory of Built In Graphics card and VGA card of the Mother Board?:thumbdwn:

what is the importance of Graphics card? how having an external Graphics card help?:cool:

thankkyou.....

CaptNKILL
08-29-07, 09:59 AM
Do you play any games on your computer?

compbug
08-30-07, 10:06 AM
Yeah I do play games .. games like NFS and stuffs like that...:headexplode:

well is it possible to find the memory of the Graphics card? I have Krypton Mother Board with Nvidia Chipset.......(lee63)

andy_nv
08-30-07, 10:44 AM
Integrated graphics cards don't usually have memory, they share the system's memory. You can set in the motherboard bios how much memory you want to allocate for the graphics card.

Bearclaw
08-30-07, 11:34 AM
If you play any graphic intense games or do anything with multimedia (Photoshop, video editing), get a dedicated graphics card.

beardstroke
08-30-07, 12:45 PM
go to 'start' - 'run' - "dxdiag" - display tab

your 'memory' is there. but like someone else said, it usually shares some memory with your RAM.

compbug
08-31-07, 11:33 AM
go to 'start' - 'run' - "dxdiag" - display tab

your 'memory' is there. but like someone else said, it usually shares some memory with your RAM.
Dude, it says Approx Total Memory is 256 MB..... is it the memory shared by on board Graphics card alone? or other things contribute as well?

SLippe
09-01-07, 03:01 AM
Onboard graphics is crap. Buy a GPU. Trust me.

Technoholic
09-03-07, 08:50 PM
Onboard graphics is crap. Buy a GPU. Trust me.
QFT.

SlieTheSecond
09-04-07, 06:41 AM
If you play the latest and greatest games. With onboard you will play them on the lowest settings like a slideshow.

With the best video card, you will play them on the highest settings as smooth as butter. (Considering the rest of the system is up to par)

Buttt... if you have onboard, there is a possibility you don't have an agp or a pci-e slot. Depending on the rest of your computer, it may not even be worth an upgrade.