PDA

View Full Version : nVNews World In Conflict Clan

SLippe
08-30-07, 06:28 AM
As suggested by DarthBeavis to me and kicking the idea around myself, who all here would be interested in a WiC Clan? I could host the communications server, either Vent or whatever we decide to use. We have a couple of weeks before the full version is released, so let's get this ball rolling! Our Clan Tag could be something simple like nVn or even just nVNews, depending on how much space we have for Tags in the game. Anyways, post here if you are interested. Count me in. :thumbsup:

Oh, and of course, I guess it would have to be OK'd by MikeC. :D

WeReWoLf
08-30-07, 06:38 AM
Sure i'll be up for that

Monolyth
08-30-07, 10:04 AM
I'd be game, looks like none of my regular clan-mates are interested in WiC, I can't stop playing the demo, I keep trying to perfect my strategies. :)

Tygerwoody
08-30-07, 12:06 PM
isnt WiN just an RTS game? Like Command and Conquer? Maybe i dont understand why you need clans for the game.... Can someone explain briefly what the game is like?

Monolyth
08-30-07, 12:56 PM
It's a new type of RTS, no bases no engineers, none of that build crap.

There are basically two types of points that you should be worried about. The first kind are support points. These are used to basically "call-in" support, be it mortars, airstrike, etc. You gain support points to a certain cap by killing the enemy.

Unit points are earned when you hold linked strategic points, with these points you can call in new units, tanks, choppers, etc.

So basically the whole purpose of the game is that you are constantly fighting, and any well-placed strategic attack can turn a bad game around. Have good team work can effectively turn the tide of a losing battle as well.

It's very action oriented game, and rarely lets up the whole time you are playing.

delas52
08-31-07, 01:49 PM
If I buy it (not big on RTS, but the demo wasn't bad) I'd love to join.

SOAD
08-31-07, 06:03 PM
I would join but I live in Ireland and would slow you down with my ****y 1mb broadband....

:(

*sobs*

WeReWoLf
08-31-07, 10:57 PM
Lol Soad... i'm in Australia, with 1.5Mb ADSL. I'd probably slow them down even more, i mean you're closer to the US than i am

SOAD
09-01-07, 06:23 AM
Lol Soad... i'm in Australia, with 1.5Mb ADSL. I'd probably slow them down even more, i mean you're closer to the US than i am

yes.....

*runs off to check map*. Im the closest in Europe to America. Seriously. I live on the west coast of Ireland by the sea :D

*waves* hello Yanks!

WeReWoLf
09-01-07, 11:10 AM
I live about 35 mins from the sea, but my Sea has a long long long way to go to get to america.

Technoholic
09-05-07, 11:54 AM
COUNT ME IN!!

mcolbourn
09-10-07, 09:02 AM
I have been playing the demo and getting the hang of it so count me in if you like. I am in England same time frame as you SOAD_rule so during the week it may be a bit hard as we are a good 7+ hours ahead. I wont be up at 3am playing much (I can't remember being up at 3am plaing games before)

Technoholic
10-07-07, 05:57 PM
Where's the clan?

Noodles
10-07-07, 06:29 PM
yeh surriously? ^^^

I'd love to be one of the SUPPORT members of the clan