PDA

View Full Version : COD4: MW on the PC Will Rock!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 01:16 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8179/cod4ql8.jpg

After playing the Xbox 360 Beta for 3 hours straight last night I am convinced that this game will truly excel on the PC!:D By the way 2 of the guys in my match were Infinity Ward Devs so that was fun.:) It was really something to get used to with the controls, as I am used to playing COD2 multiplayer on PC. The keyboard and mouse are simply superior in a game like this. Although every now and again I was scoring some headshots.:naughty: On that note by the way, a few of the things you will find in COD4 are similar to COD2 multiplayer. For instance the hit indicator is the same as well the real time kill ticker. Now don't just think to yourself that this is just COD2 set in a modern setting with better graphics, because it is not. The ranking systems and create your own class feature is superb! I can't say enough about how good these features are.

Anyway I am ecstatic about what I have played so far and with AA adjustments on the PC this will be even more fantastic. Hopefully a PC demo will be released soon, as I'm sure the PC Gaming Community will just eat it right up.:D

:jumping: (nana2)

Head on over here soldier:

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com

It is a great community to get you excited for the game!

Hey Charlie Oscar Delta,

We've got some FANTASTIC news for you regarding the Beta Registration!

We'll get into the details, but first off, a special shout out to everyone who has been a part of Charlie Oscar Delta since day one as well as a big thank you to all who came to the site during the 24 hour Beta Drawing. We are very grateful for your participation and patience during the process and bearing with us as we made some last minute adjustments. Now, we are proud to announce that your dedication to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has paid off, as we have gathered up more Beta tokens to reward everyone who signed up and qualified. No random drawing necessary!

Our special thank you... everyone who signed up and qualified will be receiving a Beta token.

In fact, the first batch of tokens is being sent out immediately. Please note that tokens are being distributed in waves. About 10,000 people will be given tokens per day to slowly ramp up to the full amount while the beta game servers are being tested in every aspect.

Don't worry if you missed out on this Monday and Tuesday's Beta enrollment window. As we mentioned before, there will be plenty of opportunity to enroll in the Beta in the coming days and weeks through Gamespot.com and Gamestop, and potentially here on Charlie Oscar Delta as well. Remember, our International community members have their very own exclusive tokens / sign-ups coming up too!

Have a blast playing the Beta while helping us perfect the online Multiplayer experience, but don't forget about all the cool happenings at Charlie Oscar Delta... We still have plenty of fun missions, contests, polls and trivia in the works, as well as tons of prizes and swag packs for you to win. Be sure to check out our latest Banner Design Contest that just kicked off today too!

Sincerely,

Charlie Oscar Delta Staff

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3279/cod42it0.jpg

3DBrad
08-30-07, 01:20 PM
Why is it rated [M] for Mature?

I was thinking it'd stick the T for Teen rating?

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 01:28 PM
Why is it rated [M] for Mature?

I was thinking it'd stick the T for Teen rating?

It has rather strong language...for instance if you are on the SAS team and lose a match it says "Bloody **** we just got our ***** kicked". Plus the killing seems a bit realistic. Like when your character dies it's like this blurry zoom in and your character falls over. And there is blood. Probably instense violence and language are the reasons.

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 02:00 PM
I love CoD MP, can't wait for this one. The new setting should be a very nice addition. The videos are extremely promising!

Have fun with the Beta Tiki ;)

Thanks! It's been a blast so far!:D

DRen72
08-30-07, 02:04 PM
That shot at the top of the thread...is that an actual screen shot?
While it is clear and sharp, there is something vaguely unrealistic about it. Colors maybe?

DRen72
08-30-07, 02:06 PM
BTW...I think all of us here should get a copy and go to war with each other :) That would be a blast.

Eliminator
08-30-07, 02:09 PM
hope its a BF2 killer since i really want a newer game in that style... quake wars fails miserably imo

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 02:13 PM
hope its a BF2 killer since i really want a newer game in that style... quake wars fails miserably imo

This easily will be a BF2 killer and I think will take a portion of counterstrike players away. Easily the most fun I have had on multiplayer in a long time.:D

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 02:14 PM
That shot at the top of the thread...is that an actual screen shot?
While it is clear and sharp, there is something vaguely unrealistic about it. Colors maybe?

Hmmmm...I pretty sure that's an actual screenshot. Believe me the character models look incredible especially in motion.

(nana2)

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 02:17 PM
Something else that is extremely impressive is the draw distance. You can see forever on a map like Overgrown.:D

3DBrad
08-30-07, 03:13 PM
Why do they have to do that?

I mean, BF2, BF2142, CoD1, COD:UO, COD:2, and MOH:A, etc. have hardly any cursing in them, only moderate gore, and are rated Teen.

Buenamos
08-30-07, 03:27 PM
Aaah, I can't wait till I get home. I'm in school year round and currently I'm on break but I had a chance to sign up for the beta but won't head home till the 3rd. I did give my roommates the beta key and they said that they're blown away! Which is definitely promising considering both me and my roommate used to play both cod1 and cod2 in CAL.

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 03:38 PM
Why do they have to do that?

I mean, BF2, BF2142, CoD1, COD:UO, COD:2, and MOH:A, etc. have hardly any cursing in them, only moderate gore, and are rated Teen.

Just trying to be more "hardcore" I guess.

DRen72
08-30-07, 04:07 PM
Just trying to be more "hardcore" I guess.I simply see it as realism. Just wait 10 years from now when (hopefully) games will all render as if we were watching a movie...imagine the carnage in those. Besides, these games are only for fun and for those who can differentiate reality from unreality.

Still, the option to turn down the language and gore is appreciated by many.

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 04:11 PM
Still, the option to turn down the language and gore is appreciated by many.

I have great respect for Epic for doing that.:thumbsup:

3DBrad
08-30-07, 04:45 PM
Yep, in UT2k4, Gears of War, etc. you can turn off all the questionable stuff, and even force certain character models (in UT2k4 via editing a file, not sure about if this works with all Epic games, but it probably does).

m3dude
08-30-07, 04:49 PM
this game is going to be consolized btw. its clearly being designed from the ground up for 360 and the pc version will simply tag along. theres a reason all the media and coverage and beta is for the 360.

3DBrad
08-30-07, 04:52 PM
this game is going to be consolized btw. its clearly being designed from the ground up for 360 and the pc version will simply tag along. theres a reason all the media and coverage and beta is for the 360.

Not sure if you're being facetious or not, but I wouldn't be surprised considering the bad performance of COD2 on the PC. My 7800gtx could barely muster 30fps at 1280x1024 back then when I had it.

DarkJedi664
08-30-07, 05:04 PM
Not sure if you're being facetious or not, but I wouldn't be surprised considering the bad performance of COD2 on the PC. My 7800gtx could barely muster 30fps at 1280x1024 back then when I had it.
And my 6800Ultra (at the time of release) did 15fps! It went down to 7fps during some of the sniper missions! teh leet!

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 05:13 PM
Just got done with another 3 rounds on the Beta. Wow....the second sniper rifle you aquire is semi-automatic and fetch it is powerful!:D

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 05:18 PM

Sure there is a big emphasis on the 360, but I really think a player would be far more lethal on the PC. A few of the guys I have played with have commented on how much funner it would be with a mouse and keyboard.:D If the PC controls like COD2 does we are in for a real treat.

By the way the Xbox 360 version has 5 sensitivity settings. I play on "High" sensitivity...I have found at least for me "Very High" is too hard to control with the analog sticks.;)

MaUiLoCaL
08-30-07, 06:27 PM
I know that S.I.N. and I are in the Xbox 360 beta. Is anyone else?

SH64
08-30-07, 06:31 PM
Demo ?

SLippe
08-30-07, 08:42 PM
I want a PC demo.

CoD4:MW and WiC are two games I am definately getting this Fall. Only other game I'm kind of looking at is Jericho, but only time will tell on that one.

m3dude
08-30-07, 10:22 PM
no i wasnt being facetious, it just sucks that crytek is the only big name pc developer left to design quality pc fps. epic, id, infinity ward etc are all console based now and we will just receive ports of games designed around and for consoles.