PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Dreamfall?!

Severian126
08-30-07, 02:51 PM
OK, I installed Dreamfall: The Longest Journey to try and finish the game once and for all.

Played the game a bit, and tabbed out just out of curiosity to check the system info, temps, etc.

And I noticed my gpus spiked all the way up to 100c!!! CPU was up higher than usual as well.

Normally games like Bioshock, BF2142, etc. maxes out my gpu out at 70-85 (depends on the temp in my room and what time of day) under heavy load with 100% fan speed......but this game really taxed both cards in SLI.

And it doesn't even look that great. Granted the game moves smooth and flawlessly in this system....but cmon. What the hey? no way an old game like this would tax my system more than the newer and more graphically demanding games.

Or is my settings just screwed up? Or perhaps its plain bad coding when ti's run in Vista??

Anyway, just an FYI.

crainger
08-30-07, 05:13 PM
Are you running high levels of AA and AF? That'll easily bring up running temps for older games to match newer games.

SH64
08-30-07, 05:40 PM
Weird , the game isnt that demanding at all.

i used to play it @1600x1200,6xAA,16xAF on a X800XT-PE & its was running decently.

i say its a Vista bug.

Xion X2
08-30-07, 07:47 PM
Dreamfall has some very polished textures in certain areas, but this still seems kind of odd.