PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to consoles?

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
08-31-07, 09:30 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, but what happened to the days when console games just worked. Now we have to tweak the ini's for consoles?!

Thankfully this may just be a one off (Although Quak4 360 comes to mind), and the game is pretty shocking all round and not worth the bother. Still what if there's more to come?

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932336&topic=37833770

Eliminator
08-31-07, 09:33 AM
hah wow we have to tweak the settings now on consoles as well?... one of the main benefits of consoles was to have peace of mind that you dont have to tweak/upgrade anything

Q
08-31-07, 09:39 AM
That's a bad example with Two Worlds. That is one of the worst games out. Period. Its poor quality at best. In the past, you would have just been stuck with a horribly performing game. (Which there are hundreds of console games that meet that description). But now you can at least salvage some to some extent.

I get your point, and totally agree with you, but Two Worlds is just a horrible game, period. Now, there is at least a way to semi fix it while in the past you were just stuck with a horrible game.

Bman212121
08-31-07, 09:40 AM
Heh, that's kind of funny. I'm not at all opposed to having a few settings on consoles, but I wouldn't start tweaking every game just to get better fps.

Namrok
08-31-07, 09:41 AM
Lame. First we started getting patches. Now we get this. I quit PC gaming to get away from this kind of BS. Next thing we know console games will start installing securom and starforce on our consoles, ****ing up the other games we play.

six_storm
08-31-07, 09:54 AM
Only the games that suck 110% will you have to tweak. Two Worlds sucks so yeah, it fits the bill.

crainger
09-01-07, 02:19 AM
That's a bad example with Two Worlds. That is one of the worst games out. Period. Its poor quality at best. In the past, you would have just been stuck with a horribly performing game. (Which there are hundreds of console games that meet that description). But now you can at least salvage some to some extent.

I get your point, and totally agree with you, but Two Worlds is just a horrible game, period. Now, there is at least a way to semi fix it while in the past you were just stuck with a horrible game.

Yeah. I know it's a bad example as it really is a bad game. But I like your point about atleast being able to do something about performance. Didn't think of it that way. :D

NarcissistZero
09-01-07, 05:28 AM
Lame. First we started getting patches. Now we get this. I quit PC gaming to get away from this kind of BS. Next thing we know console games will start installing securom and starforce on our consoles, ****ing up the other games we play.

I agree... Patches, multiplayer focus and requirement too often, downloads, "we'll fix it after release" attitude... Consoles are becomming more and more PC by the day and most people jumped to console for the easier experience.

Anyway, it all matters little since in a few years all games will be Wii Sports-like casual crap. ;)

buffbiff21
09-01-07, 03:01 PM
Sorta OT...

but Crainger, if you've been console gaming for more than 10 years, have you heard of this game?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/Terranigma_box.jpg/256px-Terranigma_box.jpg

It was only reased in Japan, Austrailia and Europe; US never got it... so I've only played it via emu. It's my favorite game that I don't own.

crainger
09-01-07, 08:14 PM
I've only be a console gamer since the original Xbox. Even then my collection is limited. Right now is the first time I've had 2 out of the 3 top consoles (Wii is coming soon). So no never heard of that one. Although I've probably seen it in action as my best mate is a huge Nintendo fan.

Been a PC gamer since 1987 though. :D

buffbiff21
09-02-07, 02:06 PM
Could you ask him if he has that game? :D

I'd pay for a PAL SNES, too. Gotta get my hands on the game.

crainger
09-03-07, 01:35 AM
If he has it, I doubt he would sell. I'll ask anyways.

Zelda_fan
09-03-07, 01:47 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, but what happened to the days when console games just worked. Now we have to tweak the ini's for consoles?!

Thankfully this may just be a one off (Although Quak4 360 comes to mind), and the game is pretty shocking all round and not worth the bother. Still what if there's more to come?

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932336&topic=37833770

I have NEVER had to tweak a console game even once. This is a bad example.

Camp0rz
09-03-07, 01:58 AM

I dunno.. I like patches. It shows the developer really cares about it's customers, not to mention they almost always make the game better.

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 02:01 AM
I dunno.. I like patches.

I like games that don't require patches.

crainger
09-03-07, 02:11 AM
I dunno.. I like patches.

I love the giant 200mb+ ones that auto download as soon as the game is installed. Gives me extra time to read the manual. Or print the manual as is the case these days.

nekrosoft13
09-03-07, 02:16 AM
I like games that don't require patches.

jesus christ, cut back on that sig :headexplode:

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 02:23 AM
jesus christ, cut back on that sig :headexplode:

:lol:

It's a joke.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1363116#post1363116

Bearclaw
09-03-07, 02:48 AM

It's a joke.

LOL

I wonder how many people won't read that beforehand and complain about it.

FTW.

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 03:23 AM
LOL

I wonder how many people won't read that beforehand and complain about it.

FTW.

Vaginalsoft_13 is the only one thus far.

crainger
09-03-07, 03:24 AM

It's a joke.

Internet Browser?

crainger
09-03-07, 03:25 AM
Vaginalsoft_13 is the only one thus far.

Did you have it was a bunch of -'s down the page before? :D That was longer.

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 03:27 AM
Like this? :lol:

crainger
09-03-07, 03:29 AM
(rofl2)

You need to fill up some space with forum quotes. Or country music lyrics.

buffbiff21
09-03-07, 03:41 AM
1,000 character limit.

I'm going to have 1,000 "Enter" lines.