PDA

View Full Version : Another Rumor that will never die...

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 09:43 AM
Kaz has said some funny things and heres one to add to the rumor mill for all us waiting on a remake of FFVII.

At the 10th Anniversary Gallery in Tokyo Kaz left a note on one of the message boards.

Congratulations on 10 fantastic years! The best is yet to come

Hint? Or just nothing big....

http://kotaku.com/gaming/regarding-ffvii/kaz-hirai-says-the-best-is-yet-to-come-295395.php

six_storm
08-31-07, 09:54 AM
Probably nothing big. If nobody has made plans to remake FF7 already, then I won't be done for either quite a while or never.

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 10:07 AM
I honestly believe they are remaking it. I mean they remade almost all the older ones... why not VII?

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 10:36 AM
They hardly 'remade' the other ones. Just a slight buff in the graphics department didn't change anything. All they did was rehash the game and stick it on a portable system. (though the PS versions, FMV in FFIV, V, and VI were cool)

Why are you so anxious for them to remake it? Leave the classics alone.

FFX2 shouldn't have been made. FFVII-AC shouldn't have been made. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII shouldn't have been made.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII should NOT be made.

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 10:41 AM
Did you see the tech demo... looked awsome!

And I liked FFX-2, once you got past the teenie bop ****. And some of the older ones were remade with completly new graphics.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 10:43 AM
Everyone has seen the tech demo..

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 10:52 AM
I'd rather they (Enix, now Squenix) finish remaking DQIV and get that out. I have DWVII on PS, and it had a freakin advertisement for DQIV remake on the booklet! This was like 5 or 6 years ago and it never came out.

Lyme
08-31-07, 11:07 AM
The phrase could be simply a bad usage of a birthday wish.

Namrok
08-31-07, 11:16 AM
Yeah...they should definitely not remake FFVII. For one, the gameplay is just old now. It just is. Period. This leaves them with a dilemma. Revamp the gameplay and piss off the hardcore fans, or leave it exactly the same and piss off the people who don't Cosplay as a fat and ugly Cloud, Tifa or Sephiroth at cons.

The flip side of this is that they could scale the game down for handhelds, where the anachronistic combat style would hold up rather well as proved by the assortment of games they've remade on handhelds that do rather well. However, this is clearly not the sort of remake treatment you had in mind.

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 11:59 AM
I think the gameplay is pretty dam good for an old game. The materia system is still one of my favorite magic systems. Added so much depth to the game.

Namrok
08-31-07, 12:04 PM
Yeah, but the whole ATB system with random encounters is simply anachronistic now. I'd be all over it though if in the remake they implemented a FFXII type battle system, or an appropriate evolution of it.

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 12:06 PM
Same system but without random encounters ;)

Monolyth
08-31-07, 12:26 PM
Give me a real remake of FFVI, FFVII was nothing IMHO to FFVI...but that's just me, hehe.

Namrok
08-31-07, 12:44 PM

Thats a compromise I'd be willing to make.

Mr. Hunt
08-31-07, 12:53 PM

If you mean like FFXII then I will not buy it... I love FFVII but I hated XII and refuse to play any game with that battle system ever again.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 01:57 PM
Give me a real remake of FFVI, FFVII was nothing IMHO to FFVI...but that's just me, hehe.

You're not alone, but I don't want them to fully remake it. 2D sprites FTW.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but the whole ATB system with random encounters is simply anachronistic now. I'd be all over it though if in the remake they implemented a FFXII type battle system, or an appropriate evolution of it.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually MISS random battles now.

Sure, they were painful as all hell, but they were actually rewarding after you level up for a good hour before a boss fight or something.

Dragon Quest is a perfect example of this. I thought it was refreshing to go through hours and hours of masochistic random battles.

No pain no gain, right?

NaitoSan
08-31-07, 02:40 PM
It'd be nice to see remake of FFVII on PS3. I have a copy of PSX original and it's great. There's nothing wrong to have it remade, if it sucks, we can always go back to PSX version if we want to re play it.

You can't deny the remake will help sell PS3 alot.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 04:32 PM
I've got the PSX original...but seriously guys, have any of you who say "We've got the original and that's enough, no need to ruin a classic" tried playing a PSX game on a 40"+ HD-TV? I can't even read the damn text!! Everything is so blocky/digitized it is nearly impossible to make out what is going on.

I played the game way back when...but that was on a 13" TV in my bedroom when I was 13 years old....I just can't do it on my current setup.

:thinker:
http://www.epsxe.com/

Regarding what I was talking about with Dragon Quest...

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7637/p1010285vl2.jpg

What a lovely job they've done in following through.

Ninjaman09
08-31-07, 05:14 PM
What a lovely job they've done in following through.

Yeah sucks, here's the story:
Dragon Quest IV was remade for the PlayStation on November 22, 2001 in Japan. It was developed by Heartbeat and published by Enix. The remake was developed using the Dragon Quest VII's 3D graphics engine, but was still Dragon Quest IV's story and world. With this remake came new features. Among these features were a new chapter, a new character, an intra-party talk command similar to Dragon Quest VII, and the ability to turn off the artificial intelligence for party members. Enix America originally planned to bring the remake to North America in 2002, but it was later canceled due to Heartbeat closing its video game development operations.
Kinda sucks, DW4 was one of my favorites.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 05:47 PM
Yeah.. I've read that before. :(

Seems like they're putting it on PSP now.

BTW, have you played the Super Famicom DQIII?

There's a translated project/patch that I'd been eagerly awaiting; thankfully I checked up cuz it appears it's almost out :D. (DWIII is my absolute favorite... probably in my top 3 games of all time.)

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2441

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=450388&topic=36818545

buffbiff21
11-19-07, 08:15 PM
DUDE!!!! Check it out:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5746/p1010353ga5.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010353ga5.jpg)

Hopefully they actually release it here.

Xion X2
11-20-07, 06:54 PM
And I liked FFX-2, once you got past the teenie bop ****.

I never made it past that ****. :)

It was like the Charlie's Angels out there with Yuna as the ring-leader... no thanks...

buffbiff21
11-20-07, 11:55 PM
It was like the Charlie's Angels out there with Yuna as the ring-leader... no thanks...
My thoughts EXACTLY. And FFX-1 is one of my favorites! Definitely the most complete FF.

OldOfEvil
11-21-07, 02:17 AM
The Final Fantasy series died a noble death with VI.. let it go.