PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a PS3

Tygerwoody
08-31-07, 01:51 PM
Blame MagnuS. That PS3 fanboi corrupts my brain with his lies every night. Its his fault. Hopefully this peice of junk console won't gather dust like my Nintendo Wii.

buffbiff21
08-31-07, 01:55 PM
It's not a bad buy, considering it just dropped in price and likely won't again for a while. There are a few good games out now, and more big titles due out relatively soon and even more around the horizon... plus it supports bluray.

You should pick up Metroid Prime 3 for Wii, as that is the only game that I consider worthwile on the system.

S.I.N
08-31-07, 01:57 PM
I cant wait for the follow up to this one within a month.

Badboy_12345
08-31-07, 02:10 PM
well its a bad buy if you dont watch blu-ray movies... IMO

Tygerwoody
08-31-07, 02:25 PM
I cant wait for the follow up to this one within a month.
yea, be prepared for a "My PS3 collects dust" thread by me. I'm such a PC fanboi. :p

I'm trying to make myself like these stupid consoles. I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a single console game in over 7 years. I'm trying to find one I like. You can at least appreciate my effort :o

Tygerwoody
08-31-07, 02:31 PM
so is it true that PS3 will soon offer mouse support for games? Thats my biggest issue. I just hate using controllers(especially for FPS games).

nightmare beta
08-31-07, 02:32 PM
I think the PS3 is a great value, but it currently doesn't have any excellent games released, unless you count PSN classics.

I did see a video this morning on guru3d, from gametrailers, I believe, and UT3
on the ps3 looked amazing, and I have no idea how they pulled off something that good with a geforce 7 equivalent. The physics, the arena size, draw distance, frame rate, lighting, everything looked great, and I didn't think that something that good would ever be possible. The people at Epic have really pulled off one awe-inspiring engine, and the other developers simply have their work cut out for them.

It's a shame that there's still no pci-e ppu.

@ OP:
I think you made a great decision, based on UT3 alone and how well the PS3 can do it.

Badboy_12345
08-31-07, 02:52 PM
so is it true that PS3 will soon offer mouse support for games? Thats my biggest issue. I just hate using controllers(especially for FPS games).

well the ps3 supports usb mouse and keyboard so its up to the developers to implement it in their games if they want..
Like ut3 it will have key and mouse support on ps3

Tygerwoody
08-31-07, 02:59 PM
well the ps3 supports usb mouse and keyboard so its up to the developers to implement it in their games if they want..
Like ut3 it will have key and mouse support on ps3
will UT3 players be able to play against each other on both PC and PS3?

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 03:07 PM
WARHAWK!

nightmare beta
08-31-07, 03:35 PM
Was Warhawk for PS3 done by members of SingleTrac like the PS1 hit from back in the day?

I remember Warhawk was so impressive back in 1995 as one of the earlier PS games.

nVJoe
08-31-07, 03:41 PM
I think the PS3 is a great value, but it currently doesn't have any excellent games released, unless you count PSN classics.

How can it be a great value if it doesn't have any games that people want to play? LOL!

Don't get me wrong, I like my PS3 but this just seems silly.

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 03:44 PM
Was Warhawk for PS3 done by members of SingleTrac like the PS1 hit from back in the day?

I remember Warhawk was so impressive back in 1995 as one of the earlier PS games.

Yup the original creator and group is behind it, just under the Sony brand now.

Tygerwoody
08-31-07, 04:43 PM
WARHAWK!
stay out of this thread. we don't want PS3 fanboi's here. Just haters like me. :mad:

|MaguS|
08-31-07, 05:17 PM
stay out of this thread. we don't want PS3 fanboi's here. Just haters like me. :mad:

Oh you will be thanking me while im kicking your ass in Tekken and Warhawk! MWAHAHAHAH

christos
09-01-07, 05:55 PM
Hopefully this peice of junk console won't gather dust like my Nintendo Wii.

As others have said....METROID. I own both a PS3 and Wii, and at the moment, Metroid is by far consuming the majority of my gaming time.

crainger
09-01-07, 07:07 PM
I still only have the one retail game for my PS3 (Resistence) along with a bunch from PSN. I rarely play them but my PS3 never collects dust. It plays my movies (both BD and DVD), plays my CDs, my MP3s, My gf even uses it for Photo Slideshows (She helped rescue a beached baby whale and had to show everyone :) ). It also plays Buzz (PS2 quiz game) which is very popular with family and while I'm working or Sleeping it's folding, saving the world as advertised.

All in all it's a great little unit, although ironically only let down on the gaming side. Things are looking up though with Heavenly Sword.

|MaguS|
09-01-07, 07:09 PM
crainger get warhawk! NOW!

Bman212121
09-01-07, 07:14 PM
What types of games do you like tiger? I haven't had time to really look into what's new on the PS3 but upcoming UT3 and GTA IV sometime next year are 2 good titles to be on the lookout for. I'd probably browse some of the PS2 games for right now but make sure you get GT:HD and some of the other demos.

I'm not sure if it was 100% confirmed or not but it does sound like the PC and PS3 versions will be able to play against each other with KB/Mouse support on the PS3. Most games will not support KB/mouse (only one I know of actually) so I usually play FPS games on the pc.

If you didn't already have a DVD upscaler, you will really like how good of a job the PS3 does with this. There definitely is a noticeable difference. Grab a blu-ray disc or two as well. :)

Bman212121
09-01-07, 07:21 PM
I still only have the one retail game for my PS3 (Resistence) along with a bunch from PSN. I rarely play them but my PS3 never collects dust. It plays my movies (both BD and DVD), plays my CDs, my MP3s, My gf even uses it for Photo Slideshows (She helped rescue a beached baby whale and had to show everyone :) ). It also plays Buzz (PS2 quiz game) which is very popular with family and while I'm working or Sleeping it's folding, saving the world as advertised.

All in all it's a great little unit, although ironically only let down on the gaming side. Things are looking up though with Heavenly Sword.

How often do you play games crainger? I remember when I got my PS2 (release date) there wasn't anything out that I wanted, so I picked up Gran Turismo and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. (Both PSX) It wasn't until the next year that I bought SSX, and then I bought GT3. I'm basically in the same boat as last time, but I'm using the PS3 for more things than I did my PS2. I probably only bought 12 games total for the PS2. To me it doesn't seem a whole lot different and there will be some good A list titles to play soon.

nopp0x00
09-01-07, 09:26 PM

Motorstorm, Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, Minna No Golf 5 (Hot Shots Golf 5), Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Tekken: DR (online), Super Stardust HD, Warhawk.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank are coming out this year too.

I like watching Blu-Ray movies too.

crainger
09-02-07, 02:02 AM
crainger get warhawk! NOW!

I'll get round to it eventually.

crainger
09-02-07, 02:05 AM
How often do you play games crainger? I remember when I got my PS2 (release date) there wasn't anything out that I wanted, so I picked up Gran Turismo and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. (Both PSX) It wasn't until the next year that I bought SSX, and then I bought GT3. I'm basically in the same boat as last time, but I'm using the PS3 for more things than I did my PS2. I probably only bought 12 games total for the PS2. To me it doesn't seem a whole lot different and there will be some good A list titles to play soon.

Resistance: Gave it a good couple of hours, want to finish it, but Bioshock. :o
PSN games: I give fl0w a whirl every couple of days, the others I play maybe once a week if they are lucky
Buzz (PS2 game): I gets played every second day. :D It's the most popular game on my PS3.
Demos: I actually play demos a fair bit. I tend to get all my demos on PS3 especially the cross platform ones, as the PS Network is so much faster than Live for me.