PDA

View Full Version : I have been away from gaming for 2 years

Pages : [1] 2

Slides
09-01-07, 12:24 AM
Quake IV was the last game I played. Then I lost interest, got busy doing other things, and my computer became "obselete" in gaming terms.

Now I have a reasonably fast computer and want to try out some of the great games that I have missed over the past almost 2 years. Stalker, and Oblivion come to mind. What others would you all recommend? Especially those with demos.

jAkUp
09-01-07, 12:26 AM
Bioshock!!!!!

SH64
09-01-07, 12:29 AM
Lost Planet & DiRT :thumbsup:

Slides
09-01-07, 12:31 AM
Bioshock!!!!!
Playing the demo now.

methimpikehoses
09-01-07, 12:36 AM
Oblivion, STALKER, BioShock, and Dirt have been my faves lately.

Crow_Nest
09-01-07, 01:34 AM
STALKER, Bioshock, Lost Planet. Medal of Honor Airborne is coming out soon too. I wouldnt get DiRT for PC...

LT.Schaffer
09-01-07, 02:25 AM
Tomb Raider Anniversary
ArmA Combat Operations
Stalker
Oblivion
Shivering Isles [Oblivion Expansion]
Lost Planet
Bioshock
Medal Of Honor Airborne
All are Great Games

NaitoSan
09-01-07, 02:56 AM
Lula3D! :D

crainger
09-01-07, 04:59 AM
Sam and Max!!!!!

SH64
09-01-07, 06:00 AM
Lula3D! :D
:condom:

SLippe
09-01-07, 07:20 AM
All those mentioned above, as well as Rainbow Six: Vegas. ;)

Gnaddel
09-01-07, 07:48 AM
I'd add Hl2:Ep1 if you liked hl2, it's $9.95 in steam now. Considering that going to cinema would cost the same, if you include the popcorn.... :D

SOAD
09-01-07, 07:56 AM
I'd add Hl2:Ep1 if you liked hl2, it's $9.95 in steam now. Considering that going to cinema would cost the same, if you include the popcorn.... :D

Definitly dont buy this.

Half life 2 episode 2 is coming out. You get Ep 1 free with that ;)

Dont pay for it twice :)

3DBrad
09-01-07, 09:11 AM
You haven't missed much, we've had a "drought" of good games, but that's about to change started next Wednesday when Medal of Honor: Airborne comes out, and in November when UT3 and Crysis comes out. :D

Gnaddel
09-01-07, 09:30 AM
Definitly dont buy this.

Half life 2 episode 2 is coming out. You get Ep 1 free with that ;)

Dont pay for it twice :)

Wrong!?

You will not get ep1 for free.
Yes, you will get ep1 in the orange box, but it's not the only package that will be available. The orange box is the only retail package but there will be other steam offers including ep2, tf2 and portal available on steam.

delas52
09-01-07, 10:11 AM
Oblivion and Bioshock are possibly my two top games of all time.

Hitman: Blood Money was really good as well.

XDanger
09-01-07, 10:35 AM
Half Life 2 CINEMATIC MOD 4
PREY in the bargain bucket

SOAD
09-01-07, 10:51 AM
Wrong!?

You will not get ep1 for free.
Yes, you will get ep1 in the orange box, but it's not the only package that will be available. The orange box is the only retail package but there will be other steam offers including ep2, tf2 and portal available on steam.

my bad if thats true

its made me semi interested again :o

SOAD
09-01-07, 10:52 AM
Cinematic mod 4?

Never heard of it.

Gonna have to look for it now :D

WeReWoLf
09-01-07, 12:08 PM
Prey, while gimmicky, was extremely fun while it lasted. Stalker, the only other games i've spent so much time playing are WoW and Unreal Tournament. Bioshock, fast becoming another Stalker for me, and Lost Planet to show off teh prettiness that DX10 can deliver, other than Bioshock. Upcoming? World in Conflict, Hellgate London, Crysis and UT3

SwedX
09-02-07, 08:01 AM
Just started with Bioshock and maan is it good..totaly up to the hype.
The best game in years IMO..super nice looking and runs like a dream.

The devs really done a fantastic job and I am a believer in the U3 engine now
:D

The Pc snob in me screams better textures I want WTF but in the end its okey.the damn consoles blame them.
But they do their job so play and relax its the best game in a very long time!

crainger
09-02-07, 08:32 AM
Yeah. I'd love a texture mod. :D

I'm still cruising through the game. Took Wolph's suggestion and played on Hard. Wish I didn't have work tomorrow. :(

CaptNKILL
09-02-07, 09:11 AM
Yeah. I'd love a texture mod. :D

I'm still cruising through the game. Took Wolph's suggestion and played on Hard. Wish I didn't have work tomorrow. :(
Yep, I'm very glad I'm playing on hard too.

Its awesome.

Very challenging in some places, but not overly frustrating.

I do get pretty pissed when they do the infinitely respawning splicer crap though. There just aren't enough resources in the game to handle onslaughts like that, so I tend to rush through those scenes, which I'm sure has caused me to miss quite a bit of loot.

Also, I had a weird big daddy glitch today. I was causing one to get in the way of some turrets so that it would get hurt and also destroy the turrets, but for some reason it ended up chasing after me. It wasn't attacking me, it was just chasing me and walking as close to me as possible. It blocked me into a corner and I had to reload a saved game. That was pretty annoying...

SwedX
09-02-07, 10:28 AM
Call me a wuss guys as I just play on easy LOL.
The atmosphere is so great..what a wonderfull game :D
Edit!

The game is good but seems like the same old **** run and gun corridor and nowhere near the quality of HL2..Bioshock second gen shooter they say, heh for what I have see now its just the same old BS..Second gen shooter is HL2 thats the real deal!

This game seems way overhyped, good the first our or so..If you want the SHOOTER get HL2 thats the best game ever!

nightmare beta
09-02-07, 03:08 PM
There were actually a lot of good games around the time you quit playing, so you may have yet to play some of those. I don't know.

Jaws looks pretty good, and id also now has all of their games and all games that used their engine and that also were related to their games for sale.

Check Ubi Soft's website. They've released some great games over the past 2 years. King Kong Gamer's Edition would be great.

The new SIN perhaps.