PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with 360

Pages : [1] 2 3

Severian126
09-01-07, 01:12 PM
OK, yesterday my XBOX 360 died yet again on me and gave me the dreaded circle of death for the 3rd time since I bought it last April. I'm so sick of sending this crap back. Heck, ever since getting it back the first time, I've been dilligent in keeping it well maintained, cooled. I haven't touched the console in the past 5 days and when I went and turned it on, it just coughed up and died. WTF Microsoft.

I wanted the new black Elites for awhile now but after all this crap I have to deal with, I'm just tired/scared of spending money on a 360 that will just eventually die yet again, and sending this thing back is getting tiresome.

/venting

ASUSEN7900GTX
09-01-07, 01:18 PM
well my 360 died the otherday i ahve had it for 1 and a half second hand

now im thinking do i spend more money on a new one(ill send ti first)

then wich version wich has better cooling and all but a PS3 is a option although very expensive one.

so i dont know what to do

Zelda_fan
09-01-07, 01:29 PM
I guess I'm just extremely lucky (or maybe it's the fact that my 360 is in a well-ventilated area), but I've had 0 problems with my 360, and I've had it for about 1.5 years.

MustangSVT
09-01-07, 01:35 PM
I guess I'm just extremely lucky (or maybe it's the fact that my 360 is in a well-ventilated area), but I've had 0 problems with my 360, and I've had it for about 1.5 years.
Same.

Zelda_fan
09-01-07, 01:43 PM
Same.

You know, I bet 95% of these broken 360s were shoved upright against two other heat generating electronic devices inside a sealed off entertainment center. No **** it's going to overheat.

3DBrad
09-01-07, 01:49 PM
Actually, you're not having any problems or trouble with your 360, because consoles NEVER cause headache. :p

I went through 4 360s before I got rid of it.

|MaguS|
09-01-07, 01:52 PM
You know, I bet 95% of these broken 360s were shoved upright against two other heat generating electronic devices inside a sealed off entertainment center. No **** it's going to overheat.

yeah im sure Kotaku, IGN, joystiq(x360fanboy) and 1UP editors sure do that...

MaUiLoCaL
09-01-07, 01:56 PM

Same here. I have had 1 premium and 1 elite and not one problem.:D

Air Conditioning FTW!;)

PeterJensen
09-01-07, 02:03 PM
The build quality of the x360 sucks major ASS! It's fact.

kev13dd
09-01-07, 02:48 PM
I've had 2 die on me, and my 3rd has been acting up

Perfectly ventillated, even bought extra fans for the room and leave my window open full time. Ventilation isn't always the cause of death, that's for sure. Especially since each death was in a completely different location hundreds of miles apart, not to mention one died in the dead of winter when the room was 50 degrees most of the time

I like the X360 though. Games are fun, I've enjoyed it with my friends, and it's been worth the money even if I've had to send 2 in. The quality of the X360 I think is lacking, but at least Microsoft is forking the bill for it

K

jcrox
09-01-07, 02:55 PM
My kids 360 not only has a fan blowing on it, it's right next to the AC vent and I've had to send 2 of them back..worse thing is he hardly ever plays it. Spends most of his time on his Wii and PS3. Seems it's really just luck of the draw.

ralinn
09-01-07, 03:06 PM
Waiting to send my 4th in for repair now...

Beyond a joke.

I've got 12 months free xbox live out of it though...

pkirby11
09-01-07, 03:19 PM
Same here. I have had 1 premium and 1 elite and not one problem.:D

Air Conditioning FTW!;)

My X360 is well ventilated with a room that gets to be about 80 to 90 degrees all summer. I bought my X 360 end of May and I've been watching HD movies on it, playing crap load of games and downloading stuff and it's working great. I hope it stays ythat way.

For all you with bad luch, sorry man! :( Not saying it's your fault but I sometimes wonder why I never have problems with consoles that other people do. My PS2 never broke and my friends had theirs break multiple times, same with the X 360. Guess I should knock on wood though. :D

Buenamos
09-01-07, 07:29 PM

same here. I bought my 360 launch day and me and my roommate use it A LOT! Guess I'm just lucky. ;)

It's unfortunate that they've had these problems but at least MS has taken some responsibility with the matter. It sure did cost 'em tho.

pkirby11
09-01-07, 08:33 PM
Look no matter how you swing it, Microsoft made a faulty console. How ever there are ways to avoid this, people obviously have had no problems with them. Also Microsoft admitted their faults and did what any company should, they offered free repairs 3 years into the consoles life. This is more than adaquate and users who whine about a recall need to shut up.

I had a car, brand new and the A/C coils kept freezing up. I found 10 car owners in person and on-line alone who had this problem. Turns out Subaru placed the sensor for the shut off in the wrong place and the coils would freeze over. It was a major issue in Impreza WRX's and made a trip to Florida one hell of good time (coils kept freezing over so I had no A/C in Florida summer heat) but Subaru never issued a recall. What they did do though is admit to the problem, release a tech bulletin and extended free repairs to any one with this problem. I just walked in was without a car for a day while the dealer repaired it and it was all siad and done. Alot of WRX's had this problem but not all of them and it wasn't a safety issue so there never was a recall.

Microsoft is doing the same, alot of X360's break and they know it. Why do you think they spent 2.6 Billion dollars on the issue? But to say that they need to recall them is stupid, you know why? I'm not sending my console back if there was a recall, nothing wrong with it. In the end if I don't do the recall eventually I loose the option but with the extended warranty, should the issue arrise then hey great. Now if this were something cause harm then yes Microsoft should recall them.

Look here's my opinion and I'm sure I'll be chewed out. Quit your whinning people, if it breaks fix it, the warranty is there you won't loose any money and you will have a fixed console. The system is a great system with a very bad flaw that most will see. If you do, buy a PS3 or fix your X360 but stop complaining. I just get sick of reading it, really if you think Microsoft is so evil than go to the other evil giant, Sony. I hope you get better service their (you won't) but please stop moaning. If mine breaks, guess what that sucks and I'll package it up send it off and play my PS3 (buying one) until I get it back.

Commence hateful rants about why I need to STFU! :D

|MaguS|
09-01-07, 08:45 PM
pkirby11, My problem is that NEW systems off the shelf are dying. It's not like just year old systems are dying but ones that are only acouple of months or even weeks old have continued to die. yes MS has done something but the problem is that almost two years after the systems release it should not still be happening. If cars had a serious issue (I don't see 10 known cars being a big issue when you look at the amount of cars they sell and a car manufacturer would do a recall... happened to my fathers van).

MS has not admitted the system has issues, insted they put in the extended warrenty that only covers the three rings (not the other common issues) when a recall should be happening. If they know what systems are affected they could easily have people ship their defective units back and replace them since they will have to sooner or later.

MS spent 2.6 Billion on the issue because a recall or a class action lawsuit would have been FAR more expensive aswell as it would have affected the consumers perception of the console because a recall would be all over the news...

I love how a replacement is suppose to fix the fact that you will be without a console that you purchased for over a month... they are extrememly backed up in the warehouse.

The X360 is a great system when it works but to ignore the fact that its seriously flawed is just stupid. People should be complaining and should make others aware because if they didn't MS wouldn't have added the new warrenty to begin with. Hell it took them over a year just to do that...

NaitoSan
09-01-07, 09:51 PM
At least 3rd console from MS will be better built... if they learn the mistakes from X360.

|MaguS|
09-01-07, 09:52 PM
Im only on my second console, just hate still reading about an issue I suffered from 3 weeks after launch.

firehawk
09-01-07, 10:00 PM
i myself have been through 4 360's

yes 4!

first three had rings of death last one they gave back to me with no working usb ports. i was so fed up they ended up giving me 1 year of live gold and a wireless controller and headset. doesn't matter to me anymore though i just gave my last 360 to my cousin. the only thing left worth playing that i cant get anywhere else is halo 3.

thats about how fed up iam with the 360

NarcissistZero
09-01-07, 10:18 PM
I still have a launch console and it works great... I think proper ventilation is the key. I got a second one, an Elite, not long ago and it works great as well.

I'm sure some are going to break anyway, but I think a LOT break because people put them where they shouldn't. Even if the room is perfectly ventilated if you put the 360 in a shelving unit or too close to other equipment it will overheat.

firehawk
09-01-07, 11:11 PM
I still have a launch console and it works great... I think proper ventilation is the key. I got a second one, an Elite, not long ago and it works great as well.

I'm sure some are going to break anyway, but I think a LOT break because people put them where they shouldn't. Even if the room is perfectly ventilated if you put the 360 in a shelving unit or too close to other equipment it will overheat.

i had my 360's on a table by itself nothing around it in a cold basement no less.

thats pretty much the response every xbot gave me when i said ive been through 4..."its not properly vented you tard"

(ps: i didn't call you an xbot. i just used that for example purposes :P)

anyways ms needed to fix this issue much sooner, or at least acknowledged it

pkirby11
09-01-07, 11:29 PM
pkirby11, My problem is that NEW systems off the shelf are dying. It's not like just year old systems are dying but ones that are only acouple of months or even weeks old have continued to die. yes MS has done something but the problem is that almost two years after the systems release it should not still be happening. If cars had a serious issue (I don't see 10 known cars being a big issue when you look at the amount of cars they sell and a car manufacturer would do a recall... happened to my fathers van).

MS has not admitted the system has issues, insted they put in the extended warrenty that only covers the three rings (not the other common issues) when a recall should be happening. If they know what systems are affected they could easily have people ship their defective units back and replace them since they will have to sooner or later.

MS spent 2.6 Billion on the issue because a recall or a class action lawsuit would have been FAR more expensive aswell as it would have affected the consumers perception of the console because a recall would be all over the news...

I love how a replacement is suppose to fix the fact that you will be without a console that you purchased for over a month... they are extrememly backed up in the warehouse.

The X360 is a great system when it works but to ignore the fact that its seriously flawed is just stupid. People should be complaining and should make others aware because if they didn't MS wouldn't have added the new warrenty to begin with. Hell it took them over a year just to do that...

Okay PS3 fan boy, I get it you think that any time something may or may not happen a company should recall thousands of working units just to replace something that may or may not happen. First the car problem was an example, I only new of 10 people my self alone and on a $30,000 car 10 problems is a lot. Not to mention I'm sure more had it or the NHTSA would not have made Subaru make it known fact.

And what do you mean they don't admit it? What the hell do you think the warranty is for? The major problem with the X360 is the RROD, that's all I ever hear so I don't know what these imaginary other problems are. Also, again how do you offer a recall on something when you don't know what's affected? You can't honestly believe that all X360 are broken?

Look the point is, the biggest problem is the RROD plain and simple and MS offered a solution. A recall would be pointless and waste of time, the system cause no harm and isn't very easy to pin point. I work for a software company that sells a hardware controller with it. Last year we had thousands of these controllers go out that had a defect in them. Some broke some didn't and we had no way to track them. So what we did? Extended the warranty for any one with this problem. Microsoft did the right thing that's all there is to it.

Also, remember fan boys that Sony did nothing for the failed laser in the PS2 systems back in the day. This occured in a number of systems, so many that the EB stores were I worked had to start offering refurbished units instead of new with the product replacement plan we offered. Know what Sony did for us, they fixed the units we already got back broke so we could sell them as refurbished. No warranty was extended and no recall was done. I have a friend to this day with a busted PS2 because he had no Best Buy or EB product plan and it was past Sony's warranty at the time. Pretty lame if you ask me, so I think Microsoft is the bigger company. By the way I'm buying a PS3 so I have no loyalties to one company or the other. Just remember, Sony is no better and lets hope if the PS3 has any major problems they handle it better than the PS2.

|MaguS|
09-01-07, 11:41 PM
Also, remember fan boys that Sony did nothing for the failed laser in the PS2 systems back in the day. This occured in a number of systems, so many that the EB stores were I worked had to start offering refurbished units instead of new with the product replacement plan we offered. Know what Sony did for us, they fixed the units we already got back broke so we could sell them as refurbished. No warranty was extended and no recall was done. I have a friend to this day with a busted PS2 because he had no Best Buy or EB product plan and it was past Sony's warranty at the time. Pretty lame if you ask me, so I think Microsoft is the bigger company. By the way I'm buying a PS3 so I have no loyalties to one company or the other. Just remember, Sony is no better and lets hope if the PS3 has any major problems they handle it better than the PS2.

The Sony PS2 issue was no where near as bad as the X360 issue. I worked at EB at the time of the PS2 launch and we only recieved a few back due to poor lenses. Other then that Sony accepted any claim on the laser issue once it was brought to light that there was a higher then normal issue with it (Someone almost filed a class action lawsuit). But the issues were gone within half a year, sure the next batch had other issues but it wasn't the same dam one for over a year... thats completly different when the X360 has the same ****ing issue for over a dam year...

I love it, you have no loyalties to any company yet you clearly call me a fanboy just because I said that im disappointed with how MS is handling the issue. The PS3 has been almost flawless (hardware wise), yes some users claim to have had an issue but I think I have heard of only 3 people make such a claim, One being on this forum. Seems to me like Sony made sure to have a stable console after the PS2 and after seeing how poorly constructed the X360 is.

You don't know of the other problems? Like the drive failing (not reading discs, scratching discs, making horrible sounds, you decide whichone you wana ignore) on the X360? Or the system just nolonger powering on?

Im sure MS knows exactly whats wrong with the console, their not stupid. Hell many sites already reported what they believe is causing most of the RROD. MS could easily say "Anyone with a system manufacturered between so and so dates please contact our warrenty department" but insted they make their customers wait for their console to die and then wait another month or so till they recieve their replacement which is usually a refurbished console.

I can't wait till Halo 3 releases... So many users are going to have their console die on them after hours of MP Halo gaming...

pkirby11
09-02-07, 12:20 AM
The Sony PS2 issue was no where near as bad as the X360 issue. I worked at EB at the time of the PS2 launch and we only recieved a few back due to poor lenses. Other then that Sony accepted any claim on the laser issue once it was brought to light that there was a higher then normal issue with it (Someone almost filed a class action lawsuit). But the issues were gone within half a year, sure the next batch had other issues but it wasn't the same dam one for over a year... thats completly different when the X360 has the same ****ing issue for over a dam year...

I love it, you have no loyalties to any company yet you clearly call me a fanboy just because I said that im disappointed with how MS is handling the issue. The PS3 has been almost flawless (hardware wise), yes some users claim to have had an issue but I think I have heard of only 3 people make such a claim, One being on this forum. Seems to me like Sony made sure to have a stable console after the PS2 and after seeing how poorly constructed the X360 is.

You don't know of the other problems? Like the drive failing (not reading discs, scratching discs, making horrible sounds, you decide whichone you wana ignore) on the X360? Or the system just nolonger powering on?

Im sure MS knows exactly whats wrong with the console, their not stupid. Hell many sites already reported what they believe is causing most of the RROD. MS could easily say "Anyone with a system manufacturered between so and so dates please contact our warrenty department" but insted they make their customers wait for their console to die and then wait another month or so till they recieve their replacement which is usually a refurbished console.

I can't wait till Halo 3 releases... So many users are going to have their console die on them after hours of MP Halo gaming...

First off, I've been using my console non stop and it still is going strong, second I managed an EB and I can assure you we got more than a few PS2s back and that's a load of BS that Sony fixed really quickly, it took two years for us to stop seeing bad PS2 systems.

And yes I've hear one report of the disc scratching incident and that's it. Maybe there is more but that is it. And I only call you a fan boy because lately and I could be wrong, you've posted a lot of anti 360 things and a lot of pro PS3 things. Like defending Lair, that is all. I'm sorry if I'm wrong about you it just comes of this way.

Any who, the 360 will either stop selling or it won't. I think it speaks volumes that even among all these problems people still love the system. But in the end time will tell. I'm happy with MS response and really my only point it that people need to quit whinning every time it breaks. We get it already, if you don't like it by a PS3. :D

Slash310
09-02-07, 12:40 AM
ive been through 3 x360's so far, if the one i have ends up getting the RROD then ill be done with X360