PDA

View Full Version : Need your help "FORCING" a certain refresh rate!! PLEASE

newls1
09-01-07, 05:25 PM
I just installed my new 8800 GTS 640Mb and can't seem to run the same refresh rate that I did when I was using my old ATi card. Im looking to run 1440x900 @ 75HZ, and cant seem to do that. I've tried using riva tuner to force it, but cant figure it out, tried refresh force, but that didnt work either. Im at a complete pissed off state here, and know that one of you smart people can help me figure this out. If it matters im using driver 163.44

t3hl33td4rg0n
09-01-07, 11:58 PM
Use RefreshForce (I use this)... It takes the current monitor driver and removes all of the refresh rates except the highest one: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Or alternatively you can use RefreshLock, which runs at all times and forces the screen to use the highest refresh rate. This one is good for games that refuse to run at over 60Hz (ie: SCDA), or crashes when over 60Hz: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

XDanger
09-02-07, 06:57 AM
When I exited Refreshlock I was left with an out of range rate ,Had to go into safe mode to get a picture.
163.44 isnt letting me have a resolution over 1600x1200 even (EDIT: IN VISTA ,XP IS FINE)),I dont think anything works with this driver as far as setting modes goes.

t3hl33td4rg0n
09-03-07, 01:23 AM
When I exited Refreshlock I was left with an out of range rate ,Had to go into safe mode to get a picture.
163.44 isnt letting me have a resolution over 1600x1200 even ,I dont think anything works with this driver as far as setting modes goes.

Give RefreshForce a try then... I've been using it for years and the only time I had a problem with it is with SCDA crashing. Heres what it does:

Refresh Rate List Before Reforce:
http://four.fsphost.com/ngz01/reforce01.jpg

Refresh Rate List After Reforce:
http://four.fsphost.com/ngz01/reforce02.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if the current driver shows only a refresh rate that you know exists, then you can add it for that mode; and I think you can add your own resolutions/refresh rates as well.

Reputator
09-04-07, 03:18 AM
If you're using Vista you're screwed. Best just go and buy an LCD.

Tranceaddict
09-04-07, 05:12 PM
RefreshForece works great, just turn it off if you are going to play Splinter Cell Double Agent.

newls1
09-05-07, 05:13 PM
OK, UPDATE:::

I figured out how to use the built in Nvidia refresh rate program inside the control panel, so im now @ 1440x900 @ 75HZ at the desktop stage (amazing how much smoother everything feels @ 75Hz!) HOWEVER.....I was so happy that I FINALLY figured out this issue, so I went to go play BIOSHOCK and finally be able to use my native screen size (1440x900) I set the game to run @ 1440x900 BUT it is still only @ 59Hz!! WTF........ I exit the game and I am back to my desktop which is set to 1440x900, I go into my monitors properties and it is @ 75HZ. My question here is, why at a desktop level I'm at 75hz, but when playing games @ the same RES it is forced @ 59HZ??? Please, someone know how to fix this issue? Im almost tempted to format my XP PRO x64 install, and try XP Pro regular (32bit) and see if it is a 64bit issue????

devrandom
09-05-07, 05:54 PM
Remember the override refresh rate in the old DXdiag. Well you can enable it in vista with the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw"
"ForceRefreshRate". Search google for more info. It works great for me in vista. It works for 90% of DX9 games. It works for Bioshock running in DX9 mode.

Note Nvidia flat panel scaling screws up the override though. Either use your your monitor's built in scaling or disable flat panel scaling, or run your game at the native resolution of your monitor, so there is no scaling.

The reg Dword for 75 hz is 0x0000004b

newls1
09-05-07, 06:26 PM
Remember the override refresh rate in the old DXdiag. Well you can enable it in vista with the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw"
"ForceRefreshRate". Search google for more info. It works great for me in vista. It works for 90% of DX9 games. It works for Bioshock running in DX9 mode.

Note Nvidia flat panel scaling screws up the override though. Either use your your monitor's built in scaling or disable flat panel scaling, or run your game at the native resolution of your monitor, so there is no scaling.

The reg Dword for 75 hz is 0x0000004b
Hey, thanks for the reply, but im not using crappy VISTA, im on XP PRO 64bit (currently) Am about to format this OS and go back to XP PRO regular

devrandom
09-05-07, 07:07 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply, but im not using crappy VISTA, im on XP PRO 64bit (currently) Am about to format this OS and go back to XP PRO regular

XP Pro should have the overide working. Try running DXDIag.exe with Start/Run, go to the more help tab/ then override, then type your refresh rate.

devnotrandom
03-02-08, 06:40 PM
(nana2)

devnotrandom1
03-03-08, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah i'm back for one last ban than i'm too lazy.

love the banana countries and their dance

(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)
===============================(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

OH yea i forgot... GOD WON"T SAVE YOU FAGGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP LOOKING AT ALL MY EMAIL ADRESSES ADMIN

EciDemon
03-04-08, 06:04 AM
newls1>> With that native Screen Res of yours, you'r using a Flatscreen LCD right ?

If so, dont force refreshrate, use 60 as it's suposed to, reasons for this, you'll have to google for now. But trust me, for LCD use 60hz

SLippe
03-04-08, 06:18 AM
Oh yeah i'm back for one last ban than i'm too lazy.

love the banana countries and their dance

OH yea i forgot... GOD WON"T SAVE YOU FAGGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP LOOKING AT ALL MY EMAIL ADRESSES ADMIN
:ban: